All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Ill explain this as short as i can. So i have a script that spawns AI civilians at each town (One town at a time) get their name (using name _Unit) and other information and then logs it into a data array and then finally removes the units. This repeats for every valid location and needs to be done at the start of the mission to mostly get the name of the civilian but also other info as well. The problem is after 298 spawns the ai seem to run out of names so their names become "Error: No Vehicle" even though they do successfully spawn. My question is there a way to clear all names so they can just start to reuse them or something along the lines of that?
  3. Cry2yourMoM

Ammo

I think I’ve seen it posted before, not sure. Just recently played a game where most of my loot was ammo. I fully loaded my clip on my guns, dropped all ammo for those guns. Picked up and maxed my slots with good ammo. Returned to shelter and lost all ammo loaded in my guns, but kept all good ammo. I can join and leave an encounter without shooting a single round and keep all ammo loaded and inventory. might have to do with an all ammo pack. Not sure
  4. Godis_1

Kujari: PMC ops

This looks badass!! Waiting patiently for a release :) Or if you need more testers, I'm willing to join ;)
  5. beno_83au

Kujari: PMC ops

This is looking pretty good. Can't wait to get a few mates on and have a go at it.
  6. Yesterday
  7. BKOben

Arma 3 doesn't start

Also having this issue.
  8. warflak

Community Factions Project

As a followup, can we hope to see Iran and pre-2003 Iraq on opposing sides, a la 1980s?
  9. This script shows how to use an eventHandler to reduce damage to specific parts of an AI unit. Read this and see how it works. Once you understand that, look at this script I used on a vehicle to reduce damage taken by a vehicle (same principle): // handleBoatDamages.sqf // dummy = [boat1] execVM "Scripts\handleBoatDamages.sqf"; /* diag_log ["getAllHitPointsDamage boat1",getAllHitPointsDamage boat1];diag_log ["getAllHitPointsDamage player",getAllHitPointsDamage player]; ["HitBody","HitEngine","HitTurret","HitGun","HitTurret","HitGun","HitTurret","HitGun","HitTurret","HitGun"], ["hull","engine","","","","","","","",""], [0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0]]] */ _u = _this select 0; _u addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", { private ["_return"]; _unit = _this select 0; _selection = _this select 1; _passedDamage = _this select 2; _source = _this select 3; _projectile = _this select 4; _oldDamage = 0; _bodyMultiplier = .01; _engineMultiplier = 0.005; _otherMultiplier = 0.01; _overAllMultiplier = 0.005; switch (_selection) do { case("hull"): { _oldDamage = _unit getHitPointDamage "HitBody"; _return = _oldDamage + ((_passedDamage - _oldDamage) * _bodyMultiplier); }; case("engine"): { _oldDamage = _unit getHitPointDamage "HitEngine"; _return = _oldDamage + ((_passedDamage - _oldDamage) * _engineMultiplier); }; case("fuel"): { _oldDamage = _unit getHitPointDamage "HitFuel"; _return = _oldDamage + ((_passedDamage - _oldDamage) * _otherMultiplier); }; case(""): { _oldDamage = damage _unit; //_return = _oldDamage + ((_passedDamage - _oldDamage) * _overAllMultiplier); _return = _oldDamage; }; default{}; }; _return }]; I ran this script on a boat to make it tougher to destroy. You can tweak this to work for you most likely. Good luck.
  10. I would try putting at least one intermediate waypoint in the water between the 2 shores, putting group in FILE formation, and running this on the ai before they cross: { _x disableAI "FSM"; } foreach units group LeaderOfTeamThatIsSwimming; Disabling FSM tends to make units ignore formation and move directly to next point. Not sure if that will work well with swimming or not. If the above doesn't work, I would give each ai in the group a moveTo command when they are on starting shore, to a point on ending shore. This would have them move independently from the group. You can have a trigger on the ending shore that has them return to formation once they all have crossed. That should work, as they each unit will be pathing independently (like the leader does who you say actually makes it to the other side). You may need to disableAI "FSM" for this approach also.
  11. EvLoka

Arma 3 doesn't start

Same problem. I just bought this game, clean install. Tried verifying files. Tried deleting battleye, re-installing it. Tried running game, launcher, and battleye as administrator. Tried restarting everything. I use Battleye with a bunch of other games (ARK, Atlas, Escape from Tarkov, etc) with no issues.
  12. Thank you @engima! I'll give it a try using uiSleep. I have absolutetly no problems with the slots, so that might be unrelated to this topic I guess. Anyway, if sleep is not working for JIP, a lot of things I usually do, I will not be able to port to dedicated servers, which is a real bumer for me. We need more people testing this, to see if this is indeed a bug, or we just don't know enough.
  13. Hi I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to get an AI squad to cross a short distance by swimming? I believe the distance would not be more than 60-70 meters maybe a little bit more. Right now only the squad leader takes a swim; the rest of the squad just sits at the shoreline looking dumb lol. If I can't figure out a way I may have to scrap and delete three missions I've worked on and chose a different location. Every time I come up with an idea I'm hindered by the inability of the AI to do anything. I'm frustrated and disappointed that the AI can't swim or cross bridges. If anyone has an idea I'd appreciate it thanks!
  14. Cry2yourMoM

cheaters

I actually experienced something last night that was very suspicious... 3 different players, ran to my position, waved high to each other then all shot at me while I was in cover... no tower used and knew my exact location. if his statement is legit, that might actually make sense with the very suspicious event I experienced.
  15. @avibird 1 can you maybe describe the units a bit more? Is it one group of infantry in the APC, with the driver / commander who are part of that squad? Or does the APC have the driver (the crew) in a separate group from the infantry squad that is in the cargo space?
  16. Currently, the max render distance of a weapon-mounted IR laser is 1.7km on max settings all around. Any further and the laser disappears. So I was wondering if there is a mod out there that I haven't been able to find or a script that exists to increase said render distance. Is there an engine limitation or something or what the case here The whole reason I'm asking is because as an arma pilot it would be really easy for me to just ask for a weapon-mounted laser or laso to acquire the target and also add one of these lasers to the aircraft to spot targets for friendlies on the ground with a IR laser. Any insight would be greatly appreciated thanks! TSTRONGSHARK
  17. Bingbraten

Arma 3 doesn't start

My game does not start if Battleye is active. There is no error message and just nothing happens when i click on Play. In the launcher logs is [ WARN] 24 ServerBrowser.Service: Server failed to responsed to rules request: 0.0.0.0:0 My PC: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 ASUS ROG Strix X370-F Gaming 16GB, DDR4-3000
  18. Robustcolor

getMarkerSize for findSafePos

Sorry, i just noticed. It works when not using the _aosize = getMarkersize "Marker1"; This code gives a scalar error. _pos1 = [_ao, 0, _aosize, 5, 0, 0.4, 0, [], _ao] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;
  19. R0adki11

Macaco's Mod

How it it different?
  20. R0adki11

The all new: Ask a moderator about the forum & rules

We do reply, but as stated earlier we are Volunteers. So we have real life commitments like jobs, hobbies, family etc. For the moderation to be removed, that's for the Head Moderator to decide.
  21. You 're welcome black_hawk_mw2_87 ! Just move to the certain topic and check about it. You should post your questions there , in order everyone to get benefit from the informations . I just did and I hope you will explain one more time what I should try to do to fix that error... 🙂
  22. killzone_kid

getMarkerSize for findSafePos

You are not using getMarkerSize result
  23. black_hawk_mw2_87

GF ALIAS Anomaly Spawner Script

I have encountered a problem. I tried with my own test mission and copied/pasted all the files needed and I changed the description of some files to merge them. I also downloaded FARTY DEMO from Armaholic and placed mod's files inside my folder with no success. There's a problem no matter the file that is said to be missing, is actually there. It sais: Include file C:\Users\PC\Documents\Arma 3\missions\+GF_ALIAS_Anomaly_Spawner_Script.Stratis\AL_farty\equipment_prot_toxic.hpp not found. Why is this so? The same problem appears even with the original test mission. I have placed there AL_farty and the other files needed, but unfortunately it didn't work for me. My problem is exactly the same as this of @WarhammerZeus... What could be the solution? 🙂
  24. The above question was resolved on Discord in German. 🙂
  25. Hi, what am i doing wrong here? I get some sort of scalar error. _ao = getMarkerpos "Marker1"; _aosize = getMarkersize "Marker1"; _pos1 = [_ao, 0, 150, 5, 0, 0.4, 0, [], _ao] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;
  26. Thanks nkenny, it worked great. Do you know how to spawn the ai's behind the players that is near a specific marker? player getPos probarly just choose one player where ever he is on the map when activated? I have one more question about this, is it possible to call this as a function and how would the call look like?
  1. Load more activity