All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. @warflak Yea, like Operation Unthinkable, SS Espionage post-surrender... berlin airlift of '48
  3. Today
  4. dragon01

RHS Escalation (AFRF and USAF)

Considering that T-14 was long touted as an entirely Russian-made tank, I don't think the sanctions will put that much of a damper on it. Of course, upgrading T-90 and T-72 will continue, because why throw away perfectly good tanks? ๐Ÿ™‚ An initial batch is supposedly already in production, so I'd say it's doing pretty well. And besides, last thing Putin wants is to make it seem like the sanctions have any effect on the Russian military.
  5. Yeah, but this way action is not possible to execute via radio
  6. Gunter Severloh

[RELEASE] DynamicCamo Script

In the script here: Is their difference between the Ghillie and the Viper? I mean does the Viper have more camo then the Ghillie?
  7. Gunter Severloh

AI Facts & Myths Compilation List

Thanks for your input and information! I had updated the list, with the new listings, and information for existing ones, as well as changing all the true statement color to green, and also adding an unknown answer thanks Revo for the idea. Setup a legend for the green, red and blue, they are obvious but in some people's eyes they can mean something else. I reported the thread btw to ask the mods to pin the thread so it dont get lost in the mix of new threads, hopefully it will be granted. Plans: - Organize the listings based on subject, and put them in a spoiler to prevent scrolling, and for a quicker and more efficient means to get information specific to what your looking for. - Gather more information for each of the listings if one dont have one, the info will be either details, or some background on it. If anyone has anything else to add, or confirm on the list, let me know and i'll update it accordingly
  8. I'm not asking for someone to write me out anything, unless you feel inclined to, but, every script or mod I have been looking at isn't working anymore, and I'm working on something that is reliant upon a video being played on a laptop. Even KK's script example isn't working, it has sound, but no video, and the description is spitting out errors. If someone could point me in the right direction(s) I'd be very thankful
  9. maxl30

Contact Expansion Feedback

Hey i am shure the livonians wouldnt have any MBT but this is a idea: Give them the MBT-52 Kuma (maybe the AAF buy here from the livonians ?!) and mount a MG3 RCWS on it, i also really like it when you can make special sounds for all RCWS with a MG3 RCWS you would also make the sounds of the Nyx auto canon submachine gun too and maybe also MG3 RCWS for all Nyx variants for the LDF ?
  10. chrisb

Early A3 vanilla test: Very deaf vanilla ai, never a myth.. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 2019 test, infact just now (for this thread), seeing the last test I did about A3 vanilla ai & hearing was two years ago.. They were still deaf then. But it seems that, and perhaps down to us players testing, they have corrected it. Although they still don't do much about it, but it helps that they hear. I'm delighted that they now react to gunfire. ๐Ÿ™‚ I like the thread, we all know, those of us that test ai a 'lot', that they are capable of huge amounts of things (without doubt the best game ai there is). However, unfortunately if they can't get the very basics down to a 'T', they are still lacking. But modded ai can change that. Going to cover, good cover, is one of those things they lack and that is a basic thing, for me at least. They do eventually go to cover, vanilla ai, but its not great. But we all live in hope that vanilla will complete the basics, hearing was one of those basics. I haven't read through the other things, the first two made me think... Are you sure.. ๐Ÿ˜‰ But yes, they do hear now. I would like to see a better response, but hey early days... ๐Ÿ˜• I have around 400 ai videos on my ChrisB YT (most taken down a year or so ago, but I put some back up having been asked too), all but a very few are ai tests. So it will be interesting to see if some of the others are true.. Unfortunately most of mine are A2 (modded A2).
  11. haleks

Sadly, no. The radio item only changes the com channel AI will use - it has no influence on information sharing. I remember a dev confirming that on the forum. Arma soldiers are telepaths. Or they have 2035 high tech brain implants.
  12. xplosivmufin

Sniper is constantly missing my target

@x3kj How can I artificially spawn the bullet? I think that would be the best course of action. The actual scene doesn't need to have the actual AI shoot him, but just to seem like it did. So the easiest way to simulate this event would be the best option for me.
  13. maxl30

Contact Expansion Feedback

But i dont think functions like this ever find here place in Arma ๐Ÿ˜‰ :
  14. xplosivmufin

Sniper is constantly missing my target

OK, thanks to everyone who has suggested fixes, I will try all of these!
  15. I used the ATLAS LHD (CUP or the new standalone one can be used). Probably worth noting that it really only is a problem when waves are at ~30% or more.
  16. R3vo

Awesome post. Thanks for all the work! I think this depends on whether or not they have a radio with them?!? This one is true if the cost value of the infantry is lower then the one of the enemy vehicle. This is true, just tested it with a tank. As soon as the target is destroyed or the "no target" order was given they turn the turret back to 0ยฐ (From vehicle front) When AI uses Binoculars they actually can spot easier UNKNOWN AI will not used HE or HEAT against infantry when driving a tank. TRUE
  17. Thanks for the answer pierremgi. Actually as I said, what I am trying to do works as intended (so far), but I am trying to understand how LODs can affect the lineIntersectsSurfaces. I (believe I) understand the basic concept of LOD but I am not sure I understand the functionality of lineIntersectsSurfaces in respect to the LODs. Any insight would be most welcome. I can also quote the code, but it's really nothing weird. It's plain use of the lineInteserctsSurfaces which, as I said, works just fine, but after some "tests" playing with different choices for the LODs parameters, I didn't manage to see any difference. Thus, I don't really know if the script will fail at some specific moment/case. Nevertheless, thanks for the help.
  18. Yesterday
  19. Gunter Severloh

Nice! List updated. I think i will go back to the 2 threads i linked in the op and get more references for those listings, so at least there is more description and possibly references to them. I was pondering the idea like i have for my AI and WW2 compilation lists to divide, and sort the AI listings into particular subjects, im wondering if that may prove to be more useful as a quick go to reference for someone wanting to know something in particular then just a huge list with everything of the AI wherever it may be, your guys thoughts?
  20. I'm using FF 67.0 Portable and "Turn off blocking for this site." is not there. Logging in is not an issue lately. I'm am allowing https://forums.bohemia.net accept cookies. I'll trying clearing cache for this site. Thanks for the reply.
  21. arthrfortune

General Discussion (dev branch)

Aha! I'm told we've not yet publishing Functions_F_Enoch, which contains scripts for this. We'll see if it can be added already in the next update. i assume that the update will come next week
  22. Grahame

Excellent list, let's keep tuning and adding. Here's one for you: AI drivers hate can-openers (actually any small object with PhysX I believe) and will avoid them, meaning that if you place them under wrecks then the AI will drive around them improving their ability to navigate down roads with obstacles dramatically - TRUE
  23. shadeops21

Inducing a texture load error

Tried that. Doesnโ€™t have the desired effect. I got this working btw; Iโ€™ll post my solution here when Iโ€™m back on my desktop with the file on it.
  24. Gunter Severloh

๐Ÿ˜„ Welcome George! This was actually not a planned project, was an unexpected inspiration from that thread i linked by RozekPoland, i didn't think i was going to get as far as a handful of statements with this but next thing you know i ended up brainstorming, and reading the whole Development Branch Captain's AI Log thread and grabbing those AI features from the list even from the AI Discussion thread. There are still some statements that i haven't gotten answers too, so i would hope that some of the members in the community may know if they are true. Overall i hope that this thread can shed some information to those whom are interested in AI and to those new to the game to give them a good idea on what the AI is actually capable of, as i was doing the research alot of the stuff i was reading were real eye openers, seeing that the AI can do all this stuff is rather amazing. As much as we complain about the AI, look at my list .... The AI are capable of ALOT of things, lets add a an AI enhancement mod in there too, and you get some pretty interesting AI actions. Thread was updated btw
  25. Gunter Severloh

[RELEASE] DynamicCamo Script

An interesting thought, it could be based on the skill level of the enemy AI, and then taking into consideration the weapon you have alongside if its silenced or not. To give you an idea of this, in your demo i changed the gear of the player and AI to have sniper rifle with silencer, i think bullet caliber, and the fact that the weapon is silenced play in the part if the player gets more or less heard then if he were using a larger caliber while going loud. Overall that Psychic knowsabout with the AI i think is their lead, so example is if they get your position but not exact position, im guessing there is a possible way for them to "follow" that position in terms of leading their target. I noticed this in the detection tool test which im messing with atm, once the AI has spotted you, and you moved out of sight, he basically predicts the path that you were moving in and leads that, then assuming you have stopped somewhere based on that, the AI then moves to a rough area of location where he thinks you are at and where you started. So to answer your question i think yes i think those two functions are moderated by partly this factor, but thats just a theory, maybe someone else, or perhaps a dev can clear that up for us.
  26. Errors 1 & 2 are now fixed the update will be pushed in the morning. Error 3 - Debeaching. The reason its locked down so tightly was to make it a last resort kind of thing. Also to prevent cheating/griefing with it. The first few versions were limited to >5kph and eventually 1kph. Hemorrhoid found a way to cause havoc in the Welldeck of Albion. hence why you have to be static. Which LPD are you clashing on?
  27. you probably put an absolute path into your config? C:\myfolder\mytexture.paa works for you, because the file is on your drive. Someone else wont have it.
  1. Load more activity
ร—