All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I believe unit inits are saved,as long as its infantry and not vehicle from my testing. For example adding "This forceFlagTexture "\IFA3Ex\flags\GerH_flag\GerH_flag.paa" ; to a vehicle causes a flag to attatch to vehicle,but as soon as jebus grabs it,flag dissapears on respawn.Infantry however have their init string saved(for example using custom gear). Is adding add action from their init not working on both infantry and vehicles?
  3. That would definitely be a bug. Empty string should just be ignore. BI did some changes to my code which now turned empty classname into an error, even though it shouldn't be. Will be fixed next week. Thanks
  4. Hey Hover it seems that your sql script must be outdated i keep getting an error saying "/* SQL Error (1064): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 */ /* Affected rows: 0 Found rows: 0 Warnings: 0 Duration for 6 of 15 queries: 0.016 sec. */" any ideas on how to fix this ive looked and i cannot find a thing wrong with it ive compared it and ive found nothing thanks for your time to read this
  5. Today
  6. whiztler

[MP CO15 Campaign] Wolfpack Vol. 1

Updated to version 1.70. See OP for more information and download links. Additional (optional) supported mods As off version 1.70, the following optional mods are used by Wolfpack: Project Opfor / 3CB Factions / CUP / Community Factions Project. Some of these mods require other mods to function properly. The mods are used for visual aspects of Blufor and Opfor units – e.g. uniforms, vests, head gear, backpacks, etc. Weapons and vehicles are BIS Vanilla. It is recommended to disable all AI enhancement functionality (Vcom AI, ASR AI, bCombat, etc) on both the server and the clients. Changelog version 1.70: Added: Mod compatibility (RHS/Project Opfor/3CB Factions/CUP/CFP) for wolf & opfor. See readme. Added: Ambient animals Fixed/removed: Legacy code. Fixed: Player can no longer swap places with AI vehicle crew during exfil. Updated: Spawn on demand. Now via framework function. Updated: Dynamic civilians uses mods if available (RHS/PO/Factions/CUP/CFP) Updated: Helicopter infil day 2, 6, 8 Updated: Wolfpack_Vol_1&2.pdf ReadMe document. Updated: Applied ADF 2.14 framework.
  7. whiztler

[MP CO15 Campaign] Wolfpack Vol. 2

Updated to version 1.70. See OP for more information and download links. Additional (optional) supported mods As off version 1.70, the following optional mods are used by Wolfpack: Project Opfor / 3CB Factions / CUP / Community Factions Project. Some of these mods require other mods to function properly. The mods are used for visual aspects of Blufor and Opfor units – e.g. uniforms, vests, head gear, backpacks, etc. Weapons and vehicles are BIS Vanilla. It is recommended to disable all AI enhancement functionality (Vcom AI, ASR AI, bCombat, etc) on both the server and the clients. Changelog version 1.70: Added: Mod compatibility (RHS/Project Opfor/3CB Factions/CUP/CFP) for wolf & opfor. See readme. Added: Ambient animals Fixed/removed: Legacy code. Fixed: Player can no longer swap places with AI vehicle crew during exfil. Updated: Spawn on demand. Now via framework function. Updated: Dynamic civilians uses mods if available (RHS/PO/Factions/CUP/CFP) Updated: Helicopter infil day 2, 6, 8 Updated: Wolfpack_Vol_1&2.pdf ReadMe document. Updated: Applied ADF 2.14 framework.
  8. Sanya

Russia General

9. GhostJumperHD

Calling functions when Player respawns

Thx. Got it working. :) player setVariable["spawnPos", getPos player]; player setVariable["telePos", getPos player]; player addAction["<t color='#59b300'>Arsenal</t>", {["Open",true] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal;}]; player addAction["<t color='#d9006c'>Go to Spawn</t>", {player setPos ( player getVariable "spawnPos" );}]; player addAction["<t color='#bfff00'>Teleport</t>", {player setPos ( player getVariable "telePos" );}]; player addAction["<t color='#4cffff'>set Teleport</t>", {player setVariable["telePos", getPos player];}]; player addAction["<t color='#0080ff'>Teleport with Map</t>", "teleport.sqf"]; //Enable Bullet Trace player addAction["<t color='#0080ff'>Enable Bullet Trace</t>", {[player, 3] spawn BIS_fnc_traceBullets;}]; //Disable Bullet Trace (will reduce paths by 1 with every time used) player addAction["<t color='#0080ff'>Disable Bullet Trace</t>", {BIS_tracedShooter = nil;}]; The only thing not working correctly is the Bullet Traces. As i read "Can only be used on one shooter in a single instance.". So I added the function to disable them when you die. But each time you die and/or disable it, it decreases the Bullet Traces by 1. Do you have an idea on how to go about that problem?
  10. Thank you Snkman. I luv T.C.L.
  11. lex__1

Arma 3 - Creator DLC Discussion

Nobody talks about the dangers of the Arma franchise. There is a conversation about the DLC, which everyone probably expected, thinking that it would expand the content base and be competitive content in Arma. In the Creator DLC, the content of the 80s - GLOBAL MOBILIZATION - COLD WAR GERMANY, which implies a certain style of play against the equipment and weapons of the time "COLD WAR". This divides the game style into "COLD WAR" and "WAR 2035".
  12. Alpine_gremlin

Force Players to Spectate After 2 Lives

Do you use profileNameSpace to keep track of _lifenumber as its value applies to the player?
  13. Dont go using profileNamespace as a tempory store for variables like that. AddAction already has a parameter for passing in variables to the actions code OR you can save the variables on the player object using setVariable. _spawnPos = getPosATL player; //Store teleport position on player object player setVariable[ "telePos", getPosATL player ]; //Example passing in variable to actions code player addAction["<t color='#d9006c'>Go to Spawn</t>", {player setPosATL ( _this select 3 );},_spawnPos]; //Retreive value from player object player addAction["<t color='#bfff00'>Teleport</t>", {player setPosATL ( player getVariable "telePos" );}]; player addAction["<t color='#4cffff'>set Teleport</t>", {player setVariable[ "telePos", getPosATL player ];}];
  14. Guys, Having built my new PC specifically for Arma, I want to decommission the old one, disassemble it and store the useful parts away. Specifically, I have an Intel 750 Series SSD. It has a PCIe interface and currently has Windows installed on it. I want to clear it off so that it can be put away. How do I go about formatting/emptying an SSD that has Windows installed on it and will be running that OS when the PC is on? Thanks Tanky -Paul-
  15. GhostJumperHD

Calling functions when Player respawns

Got the fix for teleportation by making local vars. _spawnPos=getPos player; _telePos=getPos player; profileNamespace setVariable ["spawnPos",_spawnPos]; profileNamespace setVariable ["telePos",_telePos]; saveProfileNamespace; [player, 3] call BIS_fnc_traceBullets; player addAction["<t color='#59b300'>Arsenal</t>", {["Open",true] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal;}]; player addAction["<t color='#d9006c'>Go to Spawn</t>", {_temp = profileNamespace getVariable "spawnPos"; player setPos _temp;}]; player addAction["<t color='#bfff00'>Teleport</t>", {_temp = profileNamespace getVariable "telePos"; player setPos _temp;}]; player addAction["<t color='#4cffff'>set Teleport</t>", {telePos=getPos player;}]; player addAction["<t color='#0080ff'>Teleport with Map</t>", "teleport.sqf"]; The execution at respawn was dealt with after making a "onPlayerRespawn.sqf" with: _nul = []execVM "myFunction.sqf"; The only thing not working is the bullet traces after respawn.
  16. Given we've not yet had an announcement that's likely still years away, and still more years until we have the level of content available now in A3.
  17. ronin1979ca

Arma Fixes

thank you for the reply Dedmen, that doesn't sound very fair.
  18. Normal for what we are used too, but in general no. If and when BIS were to add that capacity to the AI then there would be certain circumstances in which the AI would or could engage a heli, i think it would need to be based on realistic capabilities in real life, for example: 1. If a heli was hovering and not far, then there then would be a perfect target and best option if the AI chose to shoot their main cannon at the heli. 2. If a heli were flying slowly but moving then the Ai could again choose to engage that heli provided they are programmed to calculate, and lead their target and hit the heli timing in that would be crucial because based on the terrain, speed of the heli, and reload time of the main cannon, distance heli is and progressively making - (give or take he does some tactical evasive maneuvers if hes smart) then theres still a good chance the AI could hit the heli without problems. No one is arguing with you, a discussion as we are having is not an argument, im not against what your saying just question whether its worth requesting at this stage in Arma3's game development, but then that all depends on BIS, they do tend to surprise us in their updates. My suggestion is to use this thread as a reference and create a ticket on the feedback tracker for arma3 https://feedback.bistudio.com/project/view/1/ Be specific and give the reasons, not opinions because you like or dislike, just show why BIS should add that function, they need a reason to do something. If you dont want to do the ticket then well, unless you keep bumping this thread and hope that a dev sees it then imo your wasting your time to a point.
  19. It pains me greatly to say this, but Poseidon is apparently abandonware. The previously talkative @Tom_48_97 hasn't replied to the Poseidon thread since August year before last. Even if he's tagged, it gets ignored. I propose that doing this is henceforth known as doing a @klamacz. See here. If I'm honest, I had a sinking feeling that this would happen when he because officially BI team. Ho hum. So I'm moving to Visual Studio as that appears to have the next best level IDE for SQF.
  20. F. Garay

DHI Battle Dress Uniforms

Amazing mod and great work Deltahawk! One of, if not the finest US gear mod right now. Is there a possibility of adding PASGT helmets with camouflage scrim on it? It would fit very well for a Grenada/Panama mission. And besides that, they look really intimidating.
  21. Anyone know how to fix the Session Lost issue with this mod? Seems the server I played on (MonkeyMan) which has always used this mod now won't connect. There are players active on the server but I cannot join and it's down to this error: '@NATO\addons\mas_apc.pbo' not found
  22. These codes act instantly: Fuel: vehicleName setFuel 1; // 0 = 0% fuel, 0.5 = 50% fuel, 1 = 100% fuel. Ammo: vehicleName setVehicleAmmo 1; // 0 = empty, 1= full. Health: vehicleName setDamage 0; // 0 = 100% health, 0.5 = 50% health, 1 = 100% health. I hope this is what you are looking for.
  23. I posted these thoughts in the Creator DLC Discussion thread but I think the points are still valid here... Seems strange that while the DLC's will be available here on Bohemia Interactive's very own Store, the Creator DLC team are reminding everyone to wishlist it over on Steam, even the Global Mobilization Team link the Steam Store page as the first reference point. Remember, Valve will get a portion of each Creator DLC sale on Steam, whereas buying it here the revenue will be split 50/50 between BI and Creator DLC Developers. If I were to buy the DLC on Steam will BI absorb the portion given to Valve, in other words will Creator Developers still get 50% of the Steam sale as they would if the DLC was purchased here.
  24. lilwillie

I would also but it sounds like BI hasn't set up a way for that to happen or can't find a way like they did with Apex. It's above my pay grade in knowledge so I don't know how they did it with Apex and cannot with this particular DLC. I get the frustration. I'm just looking at it from the entire community, not just the MP servers that will have to figure out what they will do. Frankly the current state of the MP servers you see and are active are why I bought my own for my group. We couldn't find one that wasn't extremely mod heavy with tons of downloads to do or updates to keep track of, third party tools for downloading, or have mods we don't like at all, or have toxic player base (cough, armalife, cough) so we went our own direction. Again, I get the frustration that this isn't like Apex for a download you can see, but can't use.
  25. stburr91

3den Enhanced

R3vo, I noticed that when you set a unit as a hostage, the unit is not set to captive, and a opfor unit will kill a bluefor hostage. Is that intentional on your part?
  26. markocro

This strategy wont help vanilla servers which were developed and upgraded their multiplayer scenarios from almost beta period of ArmA3, since so much time was invested in vanilla multiplayer scenarios large portion of people was excited to see fresh content integrated with vanilla servers so the spirit keeps fresh and player base stop declining. Im 100% for idea to make Creator DLCs remain OPTIONAL DOWNLOAD, but make EVERYONE can download Creator DLC data but only who bought it can use its assets.
  1. Load more activity