All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. oldbear

Yet Another Arma Benchmark

I had run YAAB very often since it was released and still playing it now every day for tests. Since Jets and Tanks DLC release, I had witnessed modified IA behavior. I will give you 2 examples of obvious modifications : - in the aerial sequence, previously, the choppers flying straight on were engaging the trucks as a priority, often disabling and sometimes destroying them. Now the chopper are only engaging armor without much effect and are flying an evasive route. - in the Varsuk rush sequence, previously the tank after firing go crash itself on the wreck, then was shot once or twice in the back by AT. Now, the tank run the curb cautiously killing them all before going to a stop. So my question is only about the impact of the modified IA behavior since Jets and Tanks DLC release has an effect on results because of FX modifications.
  3. On the subject of Defending AI, one great thing i think can come out of this regarding defending AI positions is the ability to set Directional AI Indoor Defense -that being from a strategic point of view perhaps in High Command giving the order to Defend the North (Winter is Coming B*tches!!) In which AI can take positions favorable from incoming from the North etc... Obviously not all building models have windows facing each direction but by using doorways, windows, rooftops, balconies etc..could be spectacular. Of course this again is up to the mission maker but as long as the nodes are there... Props to you JDawg knowing my predisposition for Peeping Tom AI and people thought I was a silly COD'er pfffft
  4. About This mod has been created for the unit - Viking PMC. It has been created to give us an authentic feeling while conducting our operations, as well as establish a lore behind the group and it's core values. The gear used are retextures of base-game assets, as well as retextures of some of the mods (with the correct permissions given). We eventually want to be able to make our own models and add new gear that provides a fresh experience for our players. We have opened this mod up to the public and would love to hear what you think of it! We have lots of cool new assets planned and are always working to make what is existing even better. All of the gear with a logo on will have a counter-part to allow public users the enjoyment of our content. You will notice that some of the retextured gear is not from the vanilla game. This is so other communities can use the modded retextures as well. You can take a look at the Viking PMC Extensions Mod for an example on how to add the gear. (Or use that mod itself and ignore the dependency warnings.) Features This mod includes a lot for the group. As the group suggests things, we attempt to make them happen! You can join our development discord to discuss the mod and it's features with developers and other community memebers. You can view the GITHUB (WIP) page to see how frameworks can be used and read information about the mod. The follwing list is generalized: Custom music and sounds Custom retextures of uniforms, vests, backpacks, headgear, facewear, items and more Custom retextures of vehicles Custom Zeus modules and functions Various game Mechanics (adjust the game to our liking) Custom factions (both friendly and hostile) - Requires this. Please see the workshop page for images. Installation Simply install this pack and load it on the launcher. Credits Before retexutres are made, we have contacted the authors and requested permission. If you as a mod creator have noted something that you did not consent to, please message myself or another contributor so we can remove it ASAP. VSM All In One Collection - Allowed retexture rights for their custom gear. Vehicles created by Danz and Skan. Femal3 - High quality female player models and faces for our use. Some gear has been used in complience with the licencing information found on the Multi-Play Uniforms workshop page as of 17/02/2019. ALIAScartoons for his amazing EMP and Monsoon scripts that we have turned into functions. - If you'd like to add these to your script-mod workshop collection, pm me and I can export them to a single mod ;). Media The best showcase images:
  5. BurningOrphans

The Newcomers' Introduction Thread

Hi, I have been playing Arma for years and recently started modding. I've run into some errors though and I hope to find some help here. I'm posting here mainly so I can start a thread to get help. Apparently new users can't post a thread right away.
  6. alright dev branch got an update, anybody knows anything about this new "PathCalculated" command and eventhandler please share. thanks
  7. Today
  8. Without a doubt a purchase I will make on release day. Glad to see community DLC being introduced now. Thanks Devs, from BI and the GM
  9. Tankbuster

AI Driving - Feedback topic

Yes. I think this has been part of the move, intended or otherwise away from COOP and towards PvP and it's attendant PvE. That has been what has been buttering BI's bread for years now so it's not to be unexpected. As playerunknown has shown us, any fool can make an utterly synthetic, addictive PvP that has no reference to real life. It takes skill and years to make AI that are worth their own pixels. Ask the Spanel brothers.
  10. US CAG Operators, mid 2000's, Iraq Mods: CUP, Gear Collection / Delta, RHS, DHI, DIreone poses, Whiplash poses, Nikoaton poses, ZL2, ZSL, Rismarck's poses, Polpox's artwork supporter, PD Uniforms (Old)
  11. 18-04-2019 EXE rev. 145618 (game) EXE rev. 145618 (launcher) Size: ~894.5 MB DATA Added: Sand 5.56 STANAG magazines to the magazine wells Tweaked: AKSU magazine proxy replacement timing Tweaked: Adjusted camo of magazines used in the editor-placed weapons which are using magazine proxies Tweaked: Adjusted RPG-7 magazine proxy switching and slightly adjusted the proxy position Tweaked: The BLUFOR M320 does not shine so much anymore Tweaked: Increased the MX SW rate of fire to 750 rounds per minute Fixed: NATO vehicles in the Remnants of War campaign were using Pacific liveries Fixed: Typo in the function body of BIS_fnc_setDate (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T82819) Fixed: A few remaining vehicles in which it still was not possible to open the compass Fixed: CTRG story character loadouts Fixed: The Varsuk turbine was audible even when the tank had been wrecked (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T136457) Fixed: Zubr .45 ACP magazine well definition Warlords Added: You can now blacklist units the AI will purchase by using WLAIRequisitonBlacklist[] = {}; with an array of blacklisted infantry classnames in you scenario's description.ext file Added: The cost of any asset can now be changed in the scenario's description.ext file (details) Removed: Respawn backpacks from Virtual Arsenal Fixed: Static defenses no longer limit the maximum group size even when deleted Fixed: Vehicles presets in the editor would not be spawned for sectors owned from the start by BLUFOR or OPFOR Fixed: Friendly fire penalty issues Fixed: Funds transfer exploit Fixed: Sector vote calculation for dead players Eden Editor Tweaked: Added better error reporting for incompatible markers; upgraded to serialize the 3D position instead of 2D Tweaked: Increased precision of the marker position when serializing Fixed: Environmental sounds were audible in the Eden Editor after loading or starting new scenarios even if they had been disabled in preferences ENGINE Documentation of some of the changes / additions will be added soon™ Added: kickTimeout settings in the server configs Added: OnUserKicked event handler for the server configs Added: kick.txt which works in sync with the new kickTimeout server config parameter (it is stored alongside ban.txt) Added: A server config parameter lobbyIdleTime to manage players sitting idle in the mission/role selection or briefing Added: calculatePath script command Added: PathCalculated entity event handler Added: addWeaponWithAttachmentsCargo and addWeaponWithAttachmentsCargoGlobal script commands Tweaked: allowedVoteCmds extended with a 'friendly ratio' - players are kicked if enough of players of the same side vote to kick Fixed: ban.txt would sometimes be read from or written to the game root, other times the user folder. From now on, it's always the user folder. Fixed: It was not possible to write into ban.txt and kick.txt Fixed: lnbSetTooltip (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T83315) Fixed: Year would not always sync when setDate was called from the server Fixed: animatePylon and setAmmoOnPylon would not take a pylon name as an argument Fixed: Crash in the voting system Fixed: Using waitUntil with Nil made the script enter a state of infinite suspension LAUNCHER Added: Creator DLC Global Mobilization is now visible as optional DLC Tweaked: Texts
  12. haleks

I gave up on vehicles long time ago; the only place they work is flat deserts without roads, heck even boats aren't able to properly navigate around static ships. That AI driving overhaul BI started and never finished has made things even worse; for me Arma 3 has been 100% infantry for a couple years, at this point vehicles are just esthetic bonus for fancy insertions and extractions.
  13. I see, so it is for creating many extra positions. Which is a very good thing, if it can be done with the existing BI buildings in A3, plus of course the ai being able to handle the new positions. All good though.
  14. Spartacus20

MGI ADVANCED MODULES

Now it's very good ! 😀🖕
  15. burn0ut7

Arma 3 - Creator DLC Discussion

I was excited to see GM announced, but then my heart dropped when it was said that those who do not own it will not be able to participate with those who do own it. This will split the community I play at and will most likely make the DLC irrelevant in most cases. Not to mention the future DLCs, what if they adapt this same handling. I am very disappointment with BI selfish handling of these paid mods.
  16. kremator

For the first time in ages, I ragequit Arma3. Holy fucking weeping jesus Devs, do you even play your own game? I'm in a prowler, and tank is ahead. We are travelling down a STRAIGHT road on tanoa, and my driver decides to run over the standing stones at the side of the road. Later, the same road, we come across a tank. The driver tries to pass the tank, swerving uncontrollably, hits the back of the tank and we're all dead. Sandbox, my friggen arse !
  17. I'm experiencing that already. With my test path I have AI sweep 2 floors and exit building, thus hopefully returning them to their normal AI. But after leaving building they are often strangely attracted to re-enter the building using their own AI and stay there. That's exactly how I envision this. Plug and Play. A "main AI script" could use it when desirable. And a mission designer can make their own paths to support any type of scenario they want (like my whacky run across rooftops, jump from building to building, etc. You can use the generated paths per buiding, or create your own special paths. "Janky" is my middle name bro! That's up to mission designer, and/or "main AI Script" designer. The core purpose of these new scripts are to sweep buildings, get an AI from point A to point B quickly and reliably, and fight along the way. But a mission designer or "Main AI Script", can employ different paths for defending and assaulting ai groups. Assaulting AI chooses a building sweep path. Defending AI, once alerted, executes a defend path (move to cover stairs or door choke points), or trigger a defender evacuation route. This puts more tools in the mission designer's tool kit.
  18. .kju

You can still have an optional download combined with a LITE approach, or content restrictions like A3 DLCs do.
  19. Jackal326

Shadows and Lighting

Might need to refresh the normals etc by selecting everything and pressing F5 (in Oxygen). Might also need rvmats applied (or adjusting if you've already applied them).
  20. -ben-

Correct me if i am wrong,(which is very possible :D) but those two statements are mutually exclusive are they not? With Apex, if you don't own the DLC you can't use the terrain and have "more difficulty" using the other content. But the data still exists on your hard drive. You still have the pbos on your machine, otherwise how else would you be able to see the guns that your buddies are using in a mission on other terrains where you are allowed into the mission despite not owning the content. So if 3rd Party DLC was to behave like official DLC, everyone would have to have the content installed regardless of if they have purchased it or not right? Which removes the ability for it to be 100% optional. I personally am not too fussed about that, but what happens when we get a future 3rd party DLC that is more niche in it's theme. Then you will have similar uproar about how people have upwards of 10GB of data for ArmA that they don't ever use or want. I'm not sure there is a simple solution for us to have it both ways. In terms of the low res/quality versions of assets being distributed as the free versions, firstly it suffers from the last point about people being forced to load stuff they don't want. Secondly there is an PR/Optics point of view, compared to when BI did this for A2, the prevalence of games media has grown dramatically, it's not a good look for BI to be publishing content that is either super low poly or drastically low res textures in today's industry without the context of how their DLC policy works. Finally, there is also the fact that all of the work to actually make the free versions of everything will sit on the developers of the DLC it'self. Which is time they may not want to put it to essentially depreciate their own hard effort and work. It's a complex problem, that i'm not sure there will be solution for that isn't going to leave a large proportion of players unhappy.
  21. Any screenshots to accompany the issue? Also, the fact that the model is floating in-between the character's legs (mentioned in your topic title but not your actual post), the model requires the correct named selections (Head etc.) and a model.cfg class CfgSkeletons { class ManSkeleton { isDiscrete = 0; skeletonInherit = ""; skeletonBones[] = { "Pelvis","", "Spine","Pelvis", "Spine1","Spine", "Spine2","Spine1", "Spine3","Spine2", "Camera","Pelvis", "weapon","Spine1", "launcher","Spine1", // Head skeleton in hierarchy "neck","Spine3", "neck1","neck", "head","neck1", // New facial features "Face_Hub","head", "Face_Jawbone","Face_Hub", "Face_Jowl","Face_Jawbone", "Face_chopRight","Face_Jawbone", "Face_chopLeft","Face_Jawbone", "Face_LipLowerMiddle","Face_Jawbone", "Face_LipLowerLeft","Face_Jawbone", "Face_LipLowerRight","Face_Jawbone", "Face_Chin","Face_Jawbone", "Face_Tongue","Face_Jawbone", "Face_CornerRight","Face_Hub", "Face_CheekSideRight","Face_CornerRight", "Face_CornerLeft","Face_Hub", "Face_CheekSideLeft","Face_CornerLeft", "Face_CheekFrontRight","Face_Hub", "Face_CheekFrontLeft","Face_Hub", "Face_CheekUpperRight","Face_Hub", "Face_CheekUpperLeft","Face_Hub", "Face_LipUpperMiddle","Face_Hub", "Face_LipUpperRight","Face_Hub", "Face_LipUpperLeft","Face_Hub", "Face_NostrilRight","Face_Hub", "Face_NostrilLeft","Face_Hub", "Face_Forehead","Face_Hub", "Face_BrowFrontRight","Face_Forehead", "Face_BrowFrontLeft","Face_Forehead", "Face_BrowMiddle","Face_Forehead", "Face_BrowSideRight","Face_Forehead", "Face_BrowSideLeft","Face_Forehead", "Face_Eyelids","Face_Hub", "Face_EyelidUpperRight","Face_Hub", "Face_EyelidUpperLeft","Face_Hub", "Face_EyelidLowerRight","Face_Hub", "Face_EyelidLowerLeft","Face_Hub", "EyeLeft","Face_Hub", "EyeRight","Face_Hub", // Left upper side "LeftShoulder","Spine3", "LeftArm","LeftShoulder", "LeftArmRoll","LeftArm", "LeftForeArm","LeftArmRoll", "LeftForeArmRoll","LeftForeArm", "LeftHand","LeftForeArmRoll", "LeftHandRing","LeftHand", "LeftHandRing1","LeftHandRing", "LeftHandRing2","LeftHandRing1", "LeftHandRing3","LeftHandRing2", "LeftHandPinky1","LeftHandRing", "LeftHandPinky2","LeftHandPinky1", "LeftHandPinky3","LeftHandPinky2", "LeftHandMiddle1","LeftHand", "LeftHandMiddle2","LeftHandMiddle1", "LeftHandMiddle3","LeftHandMiddle2", "LeftHandIndex1","LeftHand", "LeftHandIndex2","LeftHandIndex1", "LeftHandIndex3","LeftHandIndex2", "LeftHandThumb1","LeftHand", "LeftHandThumb2","LeftHandThumb1", "LeftHandThumb3","LeftHandThumb2", // Right upper side "RightShoulder","Spine3", "RightArm","RightShoulder", "RightArmRoll","RightArm", "RightForeArm","RightArmRoll", "RightForeArmRoll","RightForeArm", "RightHand","RightForeArmRoll", "RightHandRing","RightHand", "RightHandRing1","RightHandRing", "RightHandRing2","RightHandRing1", "RightHandRing3","RightHandRing2", "RightHandPinky1","RightHandRing", "RightHandPinky2","RightHandPinky1", "RightHandPinky3","RightHandPinky2", "RightHandMiddle1","RightHand", "RightHandMiddle2","RightHandMiddle1", "RightHandMiddle3","RightHandMiddle2", "RightHandIndex1","RightHand", "RightHandIndex2","RightHandIndex1", "RightHandIndex3","RightHandIndex2", "RightHandThumb1","RightHand", "RightHandThumb2","RightHandThumb1", "RightHandThumb3","RightHandThumb2", // Left lower side "LeftUpLeg","Pelvis", "LeftUpLegRoll","LeftUpLeg", "LeftLeg","LeftUpLegRoll", "LeftLegRoll","LeftLeg", "LeftFoot","LeftLegRoll", "LeftToeBase","LeftFoot", // Right lower side "RightUpLeg","Pelvis", "RightUpLegRoll","RightUpLeg", "RightLeg","RightUpLegRoll", "RightLegRoll","RightLeg", "RightFoot","RightLegRoll", "RightToeBase","RightFoot" }; // location of pivot points (local axes) for hierarchical animation pivotsModel="Samples_F\TemplateRTM\ManSkeleton_Pivots.p3d"; }; }; class CfgModels { class Default { sectionsInherit=""; sections[] = {}; skeletonName = ""; }; class ArmaMan: Default { htMin = 60; // Minimum half-cooling time (in seconds) htMax = 1800; // Maximum half-cooling time (in seconds) afMax = 30; // Maximum temperature in case the model is alive (in celsius) mfMax = 0; // Maximum temperature when the model is moving (in celsius) mFact = 1; // Metabolism factor - number from interval <0, 1> (0 - metabolism has no influence, 1 - metabolism has full influence (no other temperature source will be considered)). tBody = 37; // Metabolism temperature of the model (in celsius) sections[] = { "osobnost", "Head_Injury", "Body_Injury", "l_leg_injury", "l_arm_injury", "r_arm_injury", "r_leg_injury", "injury_body", "injury_legs", "injury_hands", "injury_head", "clan", "clan_sign", "Camo", "CamoB", "Camo1", "Camo2", "personality", "hl", "insignia" }; skeletonName = "ManSkeleton"; }; class MODELNAME: ArmaMan {}; }; Where MODELNAME is obviously the name of your p3d without the p3d extension.
  22. Yes I see that. Question would be for me, what is the enemy ai doing whilst this is all going on ? or are they simply placed to be shot ? or do you have something in the pipeline, that they may be doing to avoid room clearances ? I know small steps, but I'm interested. 😉 Also, I would use the playable units to do room clearances, mainly because the enemy ai would not be stood around.
  23. Hopefully will work like this: Some AI script (let's call it "main AI script") decides it wants to send AI into building. It passes control of this AI over to johnnyboy's system, which delivers AI to interior destination (optionally having AI do cool things along the way, as seen in his videos). "Main AI script" may have johnnyboy's do the whole indoor path at once (sending him in and back out) -or- "main AI script" may have johnnyboy's send AI in, then "main AI script" takes control again upon arrival at destination, and later passes control back to johnnyboy's to send AI back out again. ^ The biggest pitfall I see is when AI gets back outside. When running my own experiments a couple years ago forcing AI out of buildings (using animations), I was having trouble getting AI to resume engine path again. (But back then I was also unintentionally sending AI up into the air, down into the ground or objects, etc, and have many new tricks up my sleeve now). Short answer on solution to exit is: We'll just keep pushing AI along (stuck to the ground correctly) and turning him until he resumes engine pathing on this own. (Did I mention it might be kinda janky?)
  24. whiteface73

Ravage

Actually I thought that‘s how the custom weapon / custom vehicle list work...
  25. @johnnyboy Agree on all points! (Should emphasize, this is your show & master plan. Seriously, thanks for spearheading!) Wow, that sounds kick ass! Hope you can make it work.
  26. CrazyCorky

Project True Viking

Welcome back! Looking damn good!
  27. Greenfist

Yet Another Arma Benchmark

I would be surprised if skill didn't have an effect. Just the rate of fire alone on higher levels should create a lot more ballistic calculations to process. Although I doubt you'd be able to measure the difference with this test, the AI is just too random to begin with to see such (presumably) small change. Should be fairly easy to check though, just by testing.
  1. Load more activity