Sign in to follow this  

Combined Ops, how?

Hi All,

I am sorry I have to make this thread, but the sticky thread is very confusing. It would be good if there was some kind of FAQ in the first post, but instead you are forced to read the entire thread, which is long...

I made a post but nobody gave an asnwer.

All I want to know is how to activate combined ops. I had Arma 2 1.07 installed, and now I just installed Arrowhead into the same directory. So it looks like this:

Program Files/Bohemia Interactive/Arma 2

Program Files/Bohemia Interactive/Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead

How do I install arrowhead so that it is no longer standalone, because as you can probably assume, it isn't working as combined ops the way I have done it. Sorry for being a noob, if I could just get one answer and then lock the thread or whatever, that would be great.

Thanks,

Richie.

Don't you get an option on install? I accepted the suggested path (which was O:/Arma2) and the install seemed to take care of it from there.

On install I just clicked next as usual, the default path it selected was

C:/Program Files/Bohemia Interactive/Arma 2

I just left it at that. But it completely failed?

After install, the Arrowhead directory was here:

C:/Program Files/Bohemia Interactive/Arma 2/Bohemia Interactive/Operation Arrowhead

:S

When i installed OA it asked me if i wanted to install it into ARMA2 folder or something like that :j: which then gave me the ARMA 2 Combined Operations shortcut :)

I don't get any kind of box, which is very odd :/

Which part of the install does it ask? All I have is the standard:

"Which DIR do yo uwant to install too?"

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Wait, do I need the actual combined ops disc package to do this? I have regular Arma 2, and stand alone Arrowhead, if that makes any difference.

Nope, i had ARMA2 normal and bought OA stand alone when it was released on the 2nd July here.. installed just fine.

If i'm honest i can't remember which part it asked me... installing a game is not something i remember well... playing the game on the other hand :D

Ok, thanks for the help fellas! Fixed! I copied and pasted all the content from AO directory into same directory as Arma 2.

Then I just launched the OA.exe, and it's all combined.

Cheers!

Richie, i have both boxed copies, and just installed OA and it installed automatically into the Arma2 folder. making it combined.

Surely in the installation somewhere you can specifiy and install location.

If you didnt uninstall OA yet...

On the first post of the sticky how to combine, There four files at the bottom of that post, you need one of them to combine OA and A2 if they are installed to different folders.

_runA2CO.zip FOR STEAM COPY OF OA

_runA2CO_nonSteamOA.zip FOR BOXED COPY OF OA

_runA2CO_beta.zip NO IDEA WHAT THIS ONE DOES

ARMA2.CO.manually.zip FOR SUPERNERDS TO MANUALLY EDIT THEIR REGISTRY

In other words, pick the one that suits you and run it, I think its a batch file, or cmd thing, or .exe and it combines ur a2 OA

I just copied and pasted lol, it works fine in game, unless the batch does something else?

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

One thing I noticed, in game at the expansion menu, OA is ticked, but Arma 2 is not. Arma 2 also cannot be enabled or disabled.

Despite that, it is still there. I can go to editor and play on Chernarus etc.

Is that normal?

surely if you copied and pasted everything then its going to mess up the registry a little?

Dont fix what aint broken.. Anymore..

Edit, If you are running arma2oa combine ops, then yeah, one exe is combining everything

Yeah lol, the regular Arrowhead EXE is combining them on its own. Seems to be working, i'll leave it at that :p

I'm buying Arrowhead tomorrow, can't wait! Going to combine my games (Although I have the Steam version)

Nice videos by the way richiespeed13, I subscribed to your youtube channel about 15 minutes ago. I've been viewing your videos for a while now but I forgot to subscribe before!

but since when you need read whole thread ?

can't you read the first post in the sticky ?

download the nonSTEAM cmd attached to the very same first post and run it ?

i don't understood why people think they need read whole thread ...

This is true dwarden but I believe you should update the original sticky post with any new updated information and remove all the other posts in the thread as I believe that is what's confusing everyone else.

Sorry for the confusion Dwarden, I understand now. It was mostly confusing because at the beginning there is a lot of talk about Steam, and it sent me off track a little. :)

All is fixed, thanks.

Except for steam users, this is the simple way:

* install Arma 2

* install Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead and it should offer by default to install to the same directory as Arma 2

It really can not be easier than this.

The problem you mention, I do not know, to me it looks like you touched Change dir and ended up with messed path. So if you are not sure, go to change dir in the setup and make sure to browse to the very exact place where Arma 2 is located and correct the path manually as the setup may prolong it somewhat...

Thank you very much Maruk, that is exactly how I have done it this time. Working flawlessly.

Thanks!

I realize this thread has been answered, but no one has mentioned, had you directed the Arrowhead install to the Bohemia folder all would have been fine. It appears as though you initially installed to the Arma2 folder instead.

cheers, you got it working ;)

Well I am in a different predicament, I bought the Steam version of A2 and the DVD version of OA....and I'm mad confused.

-Ziggy-;1695329']I realize this thread has been answered' date=' but no one has mentioned, had you directed the Arrowhead install to the Bohemia folder all would have been fine. It appears as though you initially installed to the Arma2 folder instead.

cheers, you got it working ;)[/quote']

So if I have both CD / boxed versions. ARMA 2 and OA bought from Best Buy - When I install OA....I am going to install to the Bohemia folder which in located on my C: drive and not my ARMA 2 folder (my documents)...Correct.

Is installing to the Bohemia folder the DEFAULT that it looks to install to? As I would assume? I will be installing tomorrow and just looking to make sure I have this right...... I have never seen / read so much trouble as I have with OA...... Though I'm confident when I go to do this I won't have a problem.....Just wanting to make sure.

One more question - Does it make a differnce if I'm only patched to 1.5/1.6 and not to 1.7 currently with ARMA 2?? Or can I just let OA update me to 1.7 when it installs...

Please use the pinned thread.