Sign in to follow this  
Geordie

OA - UK Joint Helicopter Command, Skin Mods

AR72_JHC_Promo-1.png

th_arma2oa2010-07-2015-03-37-15.jpg th_arma2oa2010-07-2015-28-15-75.jpg th_arma2oa2010-07-2015-50-41-75.jpg th_arma2oa2010-07-2015-52-43-21.jpg

Models: BI Studio

Textures: BI Studio

Texture Modifications: Geordie

Signed/key: Yes

Due to BI Studios announcing the UK Armed Forces DLC, I have decided to get these out without further delay.

Just a few quick Texture modifications to the BI stock textures to change these helicopters into RAF and AAC models.

No lumps and bumps are present that distinguish the actual helicopters apart from the US versions.

Faction: UK Armed Forces

Class: Joint Helicopter Command

Unit: Apache AH.1 / Chinook HC.2

Notes:

There are issues with the Hellfire missiles; they have a ghost effect when viewing from below.

This anomaly is present in game without any mods; other people have also reported this issue with stock A2OA.

Enjoy.

Thanks to: BI Studio, UGAF, RKSL Rock, BI Forums and Armaholic.

DOWNLOAD @ UGAF

or

DOWNLOAD @ ARMAHOLIC

Edited by Geordie

nice skins mate

good job :)

a litle off-topic

but is there any visual differance between the WAH-64 and the AH-64? or is it all computers and such? in real life of course :P

Great, downloading.

@Blink: I think WAH have slightly darker color, but other than that I can't say...

When I look at the AH.1 from certain angles it looks like someone went overboard cleaning it one day:

shinyt.jpg

It doesn't appear to happen to the HC.2 though.

Well someones been watching pimp my ah64 alittle to much

"Yoo man we proper went out for you this time and gave that you that chrome style ghetto make over"

Good job on the reskins mate.

Good timing too ^^

When I look at the AH.1 from certain angles it looks like someone went overboard cleaning it one day:

shinyt.jpg

It doesn't appear to happen to the HC.2 though.

WTF....(and a little LOL)...........triple checking that one

refrain on the download lads.

Just on the US/UK topic: AH1 has CRV7 rocket pods unlike the AH-64.

IMG_5020.jpg

Edited by Daniel

nice skins mate

good job :)

a litle off-topic

but is there any visual differance between the WAH-64 and the AH-64? or is it all computers and such? in real life of course :P

The extras that the WAH-64 get are:

• Folding rotors with anti-ice.
  • More powerful Rolls-Royce engines instead of the original General Electrics.
  • Different rocket pods (CRV7s)
  • Different sensors/avionics/comms systems.
  • HIDAS (Helicopter Integrated Defensive Aids System) is added.

Its just highly polished to fly faster :D

UPDATE: somehow I am a complete noob, so let me apologise for a slight oversight..A little issue with the RVTWAT...I mean RVMAT ;)

DOWNLOAD LINK UPDATED

Tested on ArmA OA 1.52, 15 mins ago, no errors:

th_arma2oa2010-07-2220-41-23-00.jpg th_arma2oa2010-07-2220-41-14-48copy.jpg th_arma2oa2010-07-2220-35-36-66copy.jpg th_arma2oa2010-07-2220-35-16-60copy.jpg

Well someones been watching pimp my ah64 alittle to much

"Yoo man we proper went out for you this time and gave that you that chrome style ghetto make over"

"Sup dawg, I heard you like shooting things so we put a cannon in your chopper"

"Sup dawg, I heard you like shooting things so we put a cannon in your chopper"

PMSL......:coop:

Thanks for sending the release our way :cool:

Thanks too!

EDIT: I am going to try and fix that hellfire issue this weekend, Could a get some verification on the 'ghost effect' please.

Edited by Geordie
Added update

Just on the US/UK topic: AH1 has CRV7 rocket pods unlike the AH-64.

IMG_5020.jpg

UK Apache carries M261 launchers just the same as the US Army aircraft, it is just the rockets that are different.

Trust me I'm an armourer and have humped the things on and off a few times.

:)

UK Apache carries M261 launchers just the same as the US Army aircraft, it is just the rockets that are different.

Trust me I'm an armourer and have humped the things on and off a few times.

But, but, i've read books and stuff! :butbut:

Nah, just kidding, but i'm talking visual differences. In response to this:

a litle off-topic

I.e. the rocket pods on UK Apaches have the distinctive rounded front cap.

Edited by Daniel

cheers lads :)

that rocket pod looks better tbh hehe

But, but, i've read books and stuff! :butbut:

Nah, just kidding, but i'm talking visual differences. In response to this:

I.e. the rocket pods on UK Apaches have the distinctive rounded front cap.

Yeah I'll happily concede that one mate, it's big, black, heavy and often a tw@t to fit if it's feeling like it! The pod itself can still fire standard US 2.75" rockets, although would be very unlikely as I think it's likely that aircraft system software was modified to account for the differing ballistics.

The round front cap is their to stop rockets damaging the front of the launcher when launched.

The british Apache uses RTM 322 engines which are larger than the american counterpart and too powerfull for the current airframe as it has to be downrated by the gearbox.

HIDAS or Helicopter Defence Aid Suite is one of the most advanced defence aid suites on the market right now, able to counter all threats to the aircraft on the battlefield.

Bowman compatable radios for easier comunication.

CRV7 rockets laoded with either HE, Flechette or the illegal MPSMs

The main and tail rotor blades are fitted with de-icing capability but as for folding its all done by using a special blade folding kit which i believe the americans have aswell (although there are sea trials with the airframe the aircraft is not navy so the folding can take upto 2 hours if you have an inexperienced crew)

Also all british apaches are based on the american AH64 D model so they all have the Fire Control Radar fitted.

Edited by John Doe

Also all british apaches are based on the american AH64 D model so they all have the Fire Control Radar fitted.

No. The Longbow came first and the Yanks scweamed and held their bweath until their Apaches were upgraded to the same standard.

The info's all out there; all you need to do is use a search engine, or even more radical, read a book.

BTW Georde: Nice first mod mate.:D