Sign in to follow this  
jeza

The Hurt Locker (SP/Coop0

Hi all

Here's another from myself, based a small part of the movie, i.e the ied's you'll come across!

''What we expect within Zag is a heavy civillian presence, be it cars or on foot there will be a large amount there. However mixed in are militia, and from UAV shots, its looking like they'll be in every little place they can find, rooftops, sidewalks, in the market in buildings, expect it all. One thing to be wary of is ied's and vbied's, look for signs of objects out of place, and any car speeding in your direction, hq gives the green light to fire on these personel if they are deemed a signifficant threat. Good luck out there guys and keep sharp''

Objectives:

Destroy two enemy Cashe's

Re-Take the mosque

Kill colonel in his penthouse

Reach extract

Features

Ied's

VBIED's

SuicideBombers

Requried Addons:

OA

Link:

The Hurt Locker

arma2OA2010-07-2217-28-15-27.jpg

Any Feed back is greatly apreciated.

I hope you all enjoy,

Kind Regards Jeza

Edited by Jeza

Hello

Great mission. Some issues:

The tasks dosnt get complete and its very confusing, I just thought at first "oh screw it lets just go through it step by step and check if the mission gets completed". I went in this order:

-Take cache 1 > take mosque> Cashe 2 > Milliatia leader>ending. Mission complete.

Also at my scenario view I havent completed the mission.

Dont know if it is inteded but IMO it should complete the task.

Hi Catchy, thanks for the feedback, glad you enjoyed it, means alot when people enjoy them. :)

On the issues, i actually didnt use the check tasks bit, and thought you guys would do it in order, so that however can be changed in any future release.

Thanks , kind regards Jeza

Hey mate,

thanx for this mission. My feedback:

Nice idea, well done. Fckn IEDs killed one of my men. ^^ So, i liked this mission all in all, but only the music at the end was a bit too loud, i think. it crashed my ears and also there could be some more enemies. ^^

--------------

Try this: Operation: ScudStorm

The link in the first post doesn't work. Replace it with the Armaholic one.

I will try the mission and eventually report my thoughts.

Cheers guys its been updated, with corrent links to your c/docs and your folder :)

hope u guys are enjoying it .

as again all feedback is welcome

Kind regads Jeza .

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 AM ----------

updated:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11392

Will check this out, Thx for the mission.

Did you mean for this set-in-OA mission to silently require ArmA2 for the sake of a vehicle ammo box, a tent and a car? All of which have OA versions available?

If you wanted an OA compatible mission, please swap:

1. Lada1_TK_CIV_EP1 instead of SkodaGreen
  2. Land_A_tent_EP1 instead of Land_A_tent
  3. USVehicleBox_EP1 instead of USVehicleBox
  4. The US Flag Marker

That will remove the unnecessary dependence on a ArmA2 client to play this mission.

You can use AddOn Checker Tool to check that your missions aren't unnecessarily requiring ArmA2/Combined Operations just for a few set pieces. :)

Edited by kylania

Cheer kylania, Wolle was kind enough to adress this for me, he'll be sending me the file, so once i have that, plus a few other tweaks i'll release a second version.

Kind Regards Jeza

And here we are again, updated, only need OA now, first post also updated, Thanks to Wolle for the help :)

Changes:

Only need OA

Music sound turned down

couple of ied's added

Most houses are inhabited in the city, be it civillian or Militia :)

Happy Hunting

Kind Regards Jeza

Link

The Hurt Locker

Played this mission and somehow liked it. :)

Few ideas/suggestions:

- hide and guard the weapons better (and change the rifles and stuff in them into local stuff)

- randomize the "re-take <objects/areas>" or replace them with "search for informations" objective/task

- after x amount of time let the colonel drive or fly away

- add a retreat/evac point if there is no chance to fight anymore (or group only consists of 2 men)

- could be nice to have a choice when the mission starts eg dawn, noon, dusk, night. (maybe with randomized wheather conditions)

many thanks for the feed back

yup i shall involved with your seggess, thanks for your time NiRailgunner :)

Pm if any extra;s

Kind regards

Jeza

I liked what I have played so far.

but...please rename the mission with gametype and player amount, like co08_hurt_locker. Makes it easier for server admins to sort missions and also for others to choose what mission to play.

The UH-60 don't leave the FOB Julia. It would be nice if it does...

I thought it was a little strange having civilians driving all over town but not always in the streets. And they should go of closer to players and not just anywhere.

I do agree with norailgunner, but the mission seems to have a great potential.

Just remember to fix link in first post to the missions.