Sign in to follow this  
Brainbug

Bundeswehr Flecktarn retexture mod (with replacement config)

After my modification of the KSK units (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=102370) I've now put more units into flecktarn uniform:

fxxz44lv.jpg bb6ukgjf.jpg rljb94mj.jpg 2nkct2it.jpg m5i63cjg.jpg

It adds KSK troops with helmet and brown vest (like here) and some variations in the uniform, also a VIP bodyguard (reference e.g. here or here), Pilot, Sniper, Crewman and a bunch of other soldiers based on BIS' default US soldiers. Initially I only planned a retex of the Deltas, that's why I named the addon "delta_mod", but then later added many more units, but it was a bit late to change it to a more appropriate name, but that's a non-issue anyway. Of course by just applying different textures, the gear can't be realistic Bundeswehr stuff, but maybe you like it nonetheless. The Ghillie suit is thinned out so that you can see the basic flecktarn-camosuit under the grass/leaves from up close, and also has more variation in overall camo than the default walking haybale.

Also adds two backpacks, a small and a medium sized one. If you also want a big one, use the KSK_mod linked above.

Replacement configs are included, so you can decide if you want to replace all the US units (except the officer/light_soldier guy), but of course you can only use one replacement config file, the desert OR the woodland variant. Using one of these replacements will only change the textures and no other properties in order to avoid any issues in (MP) missions.

I'm pretty sure it only needs OA, I tried to limit it to that, but I haven't tested it. Though my guess is most people have CombinedOps anyway.

Download:

EDIT: had to remove it from my FTP, but check the mirrors in the thread below. Thanks to arma2base.de and armaholic.com for hosting!

Edited by Brainbug

Great job, textures look nice and clean. Looking forward to trying these out!

Nice to see you releasing that. Pretty much a high quality retexturing work. Nice job Brainbug! :pc:

You, good Sir, are my personal hero. :bounce3:

Lob und Anerkennung!

BTW: The guy with the black vest and the sunglasses reminds me of some pictures of feldjäger (Bundeswehr MP) ive seen in Afghanistan. Maybe you could do a simple retexture with the black MP/Feldjäger bagde.

Edited by Crushus Maximus

One minor issue: When I'm using ace, the new units can't use rucksacks (your retextured BI KSKS guys can, though).

Do you plan on releasing ACE compatible configs of your units? If not, i'd apreciate some tips on which configs one would have to edit to make backpacks work.

Of course, they'd only be for private use and I wouldn't share them wihout your consent.

Best regards

great :) some propper assault ksk models, thought the stock models are more lang range recce..

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

before I forget, great f'ing job on the sniper! makes me wanna play chernarus again :)

One minor issue: When I'm using ace, the new units can't use rucksacks (your retextured BI KSKS guys can, though).

Do you plan on releasing ACE compatible configs of your units? If not, i'd apreciate some tips on which configs one would have to edit to make backpacks work.

Of course, they'd only be for private use and I wouldn't share them wihout your consent.

Best regards

They can't? I thought they can, but I admit I didn't test with ACE. If someone has any idea what I need to change in the config (without breaking something else), then I'll do it.

---------- Post added at 05:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 AM ----------

BTW: The guy with the black vest and the sunglasses reminds me of some pictures of feldjäger (Bundeswehr MP) ive seen in Afghanistan. Maybe you could do a simple retexture with the black MP/Feldjäger bagde.

I thought about that too, but the MPs only have white or black shoulderpads on one side, and thats impossible with this texture because it is mirrored for both sides.

http://www.hschbtl832.de/Homepage.data/Bilder/Marsch/Feldjaeger.gif

http://www.feldjaeger-nuernberg.de/home/images/050427_faq_04_feldjaeger_42.jpg

They can't? I thought they can, but I admit I didn't test with ACE. If someone has any idea what I need to change in the config (without breaking something else), then I'll do it.

---------- Post added at 05:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 AM ----------

I thought about that too, but the MPs only have white or black shoulderpads on one side, and thats impossible with this texture because it is mirrored for both sides.

http://www.hschbtl832.de/Homepage.data/Bilder/Marsch/Feldjaeger.gif

http://www.feldjaeger-nuernberg.de/home/images/050427_faq_04_feldjaeger_42.jpg

Shame about the Feldjäger, but still, brilliant stuff there.

Regarding the Backpacks: I tried adding the line "cancarrybackpack = 1;" as suggested here, but no joy. :confused:

The game froze when i tried that. But maybe this was just me being sloppy with eliteness and all. I'll try some more stuff (maybe the reason lies in the ace base classes) and let you know when I find something out.

EDIT: Nevermind. A simple ACE Update did the job. Memo to myself: Update first, THEN start complaining :whistle:

Best Regards

Edited by Crushus Maximus