Sign in to follow this  
X.DEADBOY.X

Question about the online DRM

Hey guys,

I have a question that maybe someone could help me with. I recently purchased Arma 2 and upon installing OA it gave me the option for my DRM to be checked online or by having the disk in the drawer. I opted for the disk method to which it told me I could come back at any time to change this option. I have played for a few days and have since decided to change it to online recognition so I won't have to have the disk in the drive. However, I can't seem to find where I might be able to do this. I have checked my files, I have checked the content on the DVDs, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled two more times deleting anything that I could find attached to Arma 2 and still cannot get the pop up that asked about online/disk DRM to come up again. It always tells me now to put the disk in. Unless I have overlooked something (I assume I might have needed to rid my registry of any Securom activity it might have incured), I can't find a way to do this even though it told me I could change it at any time. Am I destined to just have to use my disk or does anyone have any advice on how to fix this. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

Try the latest beta patch.

I did download the patch 1.52 for OA that also brought vanilla to 1.7. Is this beta patch different than those?

Try the latest beta patch.

Does mean the only way I can play now, without the disk, is by using Betas? The installation dialogue didn't mention that when it told me I could change my mind later.:(