British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

dude, it's not unheard of for companies to offer their DLC on disc in stores. Rockstar did it with Episodes of Liberty City, Bethesda with Knights of the Nine as well as the Fallout 3 expansion packs. Gearbox is currently doing the same with the Borderlands DLC.
Im fully aware of that mate for sure.

But we are then talking large budget companies with good distribution, the money to pay for the cost of gold mastering and physical distribution on something that will sell justifiable units that is normally into 1 gig or more of large data, and R* was literally an entire game with the map etc, completely different in terms of content.

The only time I would ever see this being physical would be if its a bundle of a few DLC's that get released into one install as a "Extended Operations Pack" or something of that nature. Nothing right now though, especially this first one. All about the unit shifts and the distribution costs in the physical realm that keep it DLC only most of the time.

BTW this was answered and is a link in the OFP:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1693244&highlight=steam#post1693244

As regards sprocket, its basically a server filtering down the install data (via its own exe install software) to your pc with you serial num via email etc, and you install the data as per anything else whether that be on CDR or wherever. And paypal is fine.

I have both ArmA2+OA in steam and disc form.

As far is its been explained here (unless there has been a new update I have missed) A2/OA Steam install = download from steam to use DLC ... A2/OA boxed = anything other than steam (sprocket) to use DLC.

EDIT: I searched in this thread and Technoterrorist post confirms it:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1707316&highlight=steam+install#post1707316

Edited by mrcash2009

I want a goddamn printed DVD cover! Screw the digital age, I want to put something into my shelf.

I noticed a kind of "DVD cover art" for the BAF DLC while pre-ordering at Sprocket. If they make available a version with decent resolution, you could print it out on glossy paper, put it on an empty case and burn the DLC installer onto a CD. ;)

I to want all DLC content to be available in shops.

Any way most important question then this Sprocket its activation only but how many activations do I get unlimited or not?.

If limited then bugger that its stupid.

I noticed a kind of "DVD cover art" for the BAF DLC while pre-ordering at Sprocket. If they make available a version with decent resolution, you could print it out on glossy paper, put it on an empty case and burn the DLC installer onto a CD. ;)

I could live with that! :)

Any way most important question then this Sprocket its activation only but how many activations do I get unlimited or not?.

If limited then bugger that its stupid.

Why not go to the website and find out?

http://www.sprocketidea.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19&Itemid=27

Hi thanks for link but it don't say so I can come to 2 conclusions

1. Its unlimited so can install as many times as you like

OR

2. it don't say it but maybe in some small print not on that page it does say limited to X installs before you have to contact them to sort it out.

Thanks

All in the FAQ on that same site ...

SecuROM is a CD/DVD copy protection product, most often used for commercial computer games running under Microsoft Windows, developed by Sony DADC. SecuROM aims to resist home media duplication devices, professional duplicators, and attempts at reverse engineering the game. By purchase you obtain 5 (five) activations of bought product for time of 6 (six) months. After time of 6 (six) months activations are re-set to original number. Activations may be used on same and/or on different hardware, substracting one activation per installation. Un-installation revokes one activation back, so clients may use their installations without any limits and in maximized comfort.

Uninstall constitutes a auto revoke and -1 on your install max limit, so in theory its unlimited, plus the 6 months reset. Unlike some where its down to the user to run the revoke process separate and its not automated/combined to the uninstall, which then causes open season for letting the user trip up and not take count/note (R* for one).

http://www.sprocketidea.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=53&Itemid=41

Edited by mrcash2009

New trailer released:

wMeGrSBv08Y

2:04 - Looks like the PMCs are in the pack too! :D

hmm @ 0:31

?? Not familiar with British forces, but was there something about those helos that's new?

I think I saw PMC in there too... maybe the Black Element?

yeah, near the end of the trailer standing around the black SUV, can't wait :cool:

what is peoples obsession with mercs? they are overpaid douche bags.

i mean other than lazy plot convenient badguys/heros

Ooo... IEDs! now it's fun to play as insurgents....:) KABOOM!

Was I supposed to interpret that opening part as the avenger shooting down the lynx? Kind of confused on that one.

Was I supposed to interpret that opening part as the avenger shooting down the lynx? Kind of confused on that one.

I didn't see it that way. Just the UK forces joining their cousins in the field.

To me, it looks as if perhaps the Takis got their hands on an American Avenger...

We'll just have to wait and see.

From 0:50 to 0:56 it seems like US is shooting at the UK - maybe malfunction IFF and no informations about friendly movements - results in friendly-fire?

Btw how many of those Avengers are active and still used in conflicts and wars?