1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

It could be same units , what they are in Afghan IRL

Edited by RobertHammer

So how exactly will this be, for lack of a better word, protected? Like if I buy the DLC then what's to stop me passing it to my mate I wonder...

this will make clan related stuff interesting as a clan either uses this dlc or not, if a clan decided to use a certain dlc, of course all clan members must have this dlc

This looks awesome, but I feel for the addon makers who have worked hard and might have some of their stuff ignored (ie pukf jackals, warrior)

Awww this is just fantastic news. Just what we in the UK have been waiting for. Looks great and I think the price is spot-on! Can't wait till the end of August. Once again BIS are doing a great job. Keep 'em coming boys (and er.. girls?)

this will make clan related stuff interesting as a clan either uses this dlc or not, if a clan decided to use a certain dlc, of course all clan members must have this dlc

I guess if you are a clan and are more into American stuff you will be geared to playing with the faction of your choice, but for us Brits this has been a long time coming..

It won't flick everyones switch, but it makes for realistic gameplay regardless,.. the UK has deployed soldiers to the majority of the major trouble spots in the world over the last 15 years.. this addon is just brilliant news.:D

This looks awesome, but I feel for the addon makers who have worked hard and might have some of their stuff ignored (ie pukf jackals, warrior)

Pretty sure BIS most likely bought the models from UKF and improved upon them :p if I was UKF I would be very proud.

But then again, if people don't want to spend £8 on a few units they can get the Free stuff?!

big fat yay, well done BIS :yay:

Can't wait! and I bet there are a lot of brits who are psyched up :)

-k

So how exactly will this be, for lack of a better word, protected? Like if I buy the DLC then what's to stop me passing it to my mate I wonder...

Your dignity?

Where are we buying this from? Sprocket? :) .

Good question.

Steam has great DLC support, but standalone I have no clue.

mobile observation team of British troops

That's for the SP campaign. Then there is MP. I suppose that behind the obsevation team, there's an army too... no too far.

For instance, Czechs and Germans don't appear in the campaign but were featured as a bonus. You get Taki airplanes too, probably for MP reasons more than anything else.

Tanks are a big part of MP, where as a target or vehicle.

Edited by EricM

Your dignity?

That's a lot of faith you're putting into a PC-gaming community. Most other companies would rather have us login to a remote server at all times to make sure we have all our stuff legit.

*cough*ubisoft*cough*

Pretty sure BIS most likely bought the models from UKF and improved upon them :p if I was UKF I would be very proud.

To qoute Pathy:

Err, before this goes too far, this has nothing to do with us, as far as we know. If it is to do with us, we have, at this point in time, no idea about it. I suppose it is remotely possible that the jackals and weapons are modified versions of the VBS2 models we made, & without clearer pics it's impossible to tell - but for various reasons we can't publically discuss, I really doubt they'd do that.

Whats more likely is that they've made thier own UK stuff, and it's nowt to do with us.

Your dignity?

Damn right thats alot of faith you are putting in us, certainly a nicer option than as has been seen with other companies making you login all the time to play. My diginty will indeed be enough to stop me sharing this for free...

Edited by STALKERGB

Your dignity?

Good answer :-)

I will be buying this. I genuinely have no problem giving you my cash. You continuely make this game brilliant and have a fantastic ethos towards the communiteh.

Make it £20.00 and ill still buy it :-)

How will NON-DLC users be handled? Would be a shame if servers became unusable by others due to them running this DLC. Then we will have more divisions between Vanilla / ACE / DLC.

How will NON-DLC users be handled? Would be a shame if servers became unusable by others due to them running this DLC. Then we will have more divisions between Vanilla / ACE / DLC.

We have a solid plan to address this problem.

Can the next DLC be Opfor stuff? Like desert russian army with some vehicles/weapons we haven't seen yet.

The only problem I see in this game is that everybody is so pro-bluefor. It'd be nice once in a while to see new stuff for opfor.

Do we get new voices with the DLC?

If there's a campaign, I'm pretty sure they recorded voices for that...

If there's a campaign, I'm pretty sure they recorded voices for that...

Sounds jolly good old chap, tea and crumpets? Rah rah pip pip. :p

We have a solid plan to address this problem.

Exquisite dear boy, I cannot help but think us British biscuit eaters will invade this game ;)