Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

You call it "Sales Tax" mate.

Negative, mate. A value-added tax is something imbeded at every point of the manufacturing process that ups the overall cost of a single unit, before it ever hits a store shelf where the consumer has to then pay a sales tax to purchase it.

Negative, mate. A value-added tax is something imbeded at every point of the manufacturing process that ups the overall cost of a single unit, before it ever hits a store shelf where the consumer has to then pay a sales tax to purchase it.

Technically, that's not quite true. The VAT is calculated at each point of the manufacturing process, but through the collecting/deduction mechanism, the only economical agent who effectively support the tax is the final consummer, as the US sales tax. To put it simply, the VAT is a neutral mechanism for commercial companies who are collecting it throughout the economical process. The main difference is the level of the tax (average 16% level in the EU, compared to a 5% sales tax in the US).

Oh God.

The PMC addition to ARMA2 has caused the BAF units to have every other unit placed in the editor to spawn with an Asian face... FPDR.

I've met a lot of British soldiers in my lifetime and not one has been Asian. It just looks weird and unrealistic when half my squad don't even look like the majority of their nation's armed forces.

This is the same problem we had when about 70% of the US AI was African American, it looked out of place, especially in Special Forces missions where 90% of US special forces are Caucasian. I didn't mind too much doing the 'setface' command for each unit, but to do that to the British Army is just getting ridiculous...

Don't forget though, PMC still had more content than most other DLC's for games, that crappy CoD one had like 5 small maps that were already in a prequel.

CoD - Crap game, Crap DLC, Crap Kids, Crap ect

Oh God.

every other unit placed in the editor to spawn with an Asian face...

It should be roughly 1/10, or one per squad; that's the ratio which was agreed upon - if it's consistently significantly more, perhaps it could be looked into. :)

In regard to BAF in particular, given the fact that - at this point - we don't model the Gurkhas, for example, I don't think it's a bad ratio...

Infact, I'd go as far as to say that PMC has allowed us to add a very long over-due identity to the Armaverse.

RiE

It should be roughly 1/10, or one per squad; that's the ratio which was agreed upon - if it's consistently significantly more, perhaps it could be looked into. In regard to BAF in particular, given the fact that - at this point - we don't model the Gurkhas, for example, I don't think it's a bad ratio. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that PMC has allowed us to add a very long over-due identity to the Armaverse.

This. ^

It should be roughly 1/10, or one per squad; that's the ratio which was agreed upon - if it's consistently significantly more, perhaps it could be looked into. :)

Yes, but it shouldn't be, at least not for the British Armed Forces. I don't see the Czech forces with Asian AI? I'm all about realism, and while Britain does have a degree of non-European faces in it's ranks, the idea of 1/10 of them being Asian is just not true to real life. It's a shame that I have to either use the set face command on every single unit to make sure they look realistic or pretend that every squad in the British army happens to have a token Gurkha...

(I'll also point out that Gurkha's facial features differ greatly from the largely Han Chinese look of the ARMA2 Asian AI.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say that PMC has allowed us to add a very long over-due identity to the Armaverse.

I agree completely, in fact I was one of the guys who really wanted more races included in the Armaverse, other than Caucasian and Black, but I didn't want to sacrifice realism because of it.

I know it's not going to change now, it would be ridiculous to bring out a patch for this one problem, but I feel like I have to at least voice my concern.

I appreciate the reply nonetheless.

Could this be a hint at the next DLC maybe..?

The PLA maybe?

If so we could create this realy awesome campain and call it something like "Lifting Dragon" (ok, could use some work).

Yeah, and the PLA could be invading this little island for the oil, right?

How about this one? http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=islands&id=136http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=islands&id=136

Then, the USMC could interviene by landing on the West side of the island and push the Chinese off the island! But of corse we wont use the volcano or the entire East half of the island at all....:j:

..Dont like that? ok, then we could create the exct same story in a desert environment...:p

Could this be a hint at the next DLC maybe..?

The PLA maybe?

If so we could create this realy awesome campain and call it something like "Lifting Dragon" (ok, could use some work).

Yeah, and the PLA could be invading this little island for the oil, right?

How about this one? http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=islands&id=136http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=islands&id=136

Then, the USMC could interviene by landing on the West side of the island and push the Chinese off the island! But of corse we wont use the volcano or the entire East half of the island at all....:j:

..Dont like that? ok, then we could create the exct same story in a desert environment...:p

Those map not really spot for the landing POint (LP) i think we must find some, like hmm... something for reach the beach for another location.....

But if this map contain support For LZ, hmm that's nice