British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

Just bought BAF off sprocket (one minor problem) and I simply want to say thank you! Finished and replayed the Merlin Mission several times in the last hour. I LOVE that kind of mission. Now I'm going for the Wildcat mission.

THANK YOU!

I had one problem though. I can't run sprocket.exe for some reason. When I tried nothing happend (I mean really NOTHING, even the taskmanager showed nothing. Not even for a second). I had to download it through my browser.

Nevertheless, I'll definetely buy your games, DLCs etc. via sprocket in the future. Just a few clicks and it's there :D

Only the speed could be a bit higher for my taste. I only got 1.3MB/s^^

Edited by Derbysieger

I wish we could have the exe file in case we have to unenstall Arma2 and need to reinstall instead of having to download from steam sites.

Is the campaign coop?

Not sure if 2 months counts as necromancy but...

I've searched this thread but didn't see a reply.

Anyone?

No, the BAF campaign is SP only, but you can play mission 3 in MP. I believe it's called something along the lines of "Heat" when you're selecting a MP mission to launch.

I wish we could have the exe file in case we have to unenstall Arma2 and need to reinstall instead of having to download from steam sites.

Steam has a built in backup function, you could always use that?

Did the lod problem ever get a resolution... Just played the merlin mission but unfortunately for the entire mission my chopper was stuck on the distant lod...

As BAF specifics get answered here I posted a BAF campaign issue where BAF wont let me access my other campaigns without removing it.

Sorry to cross post but heres the full issue:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=109387

I posted here becuase its specific to BAF and people in troubleshooting may not all have BAF to help, searched but couldn't find anything specific to it here.

EDIT, this was solved and my apologies to Dwarden for getting him to smash his head against a desk, I hold my own head in shame. I have entered the lonely world that is known to all users as ... "the land of user error" .... I feel unclean.

Edited by mrcash2009

EDIT, this was solved and my apologies to Dwarden for getting him to smash his head against a desk, I hold my own head in shame. I have entered the lonely world that is known to all users as ... "the land of user error" .... I feel unclean.

ROFL! I bet you saw me there? I was the guy outside the bar sticking my head in the sand in shame :D And I didn't feel lonely there either, in fact, it was pretty smack full :) It's like a pilgrimage or something - we all have to go there at least once...

18. Bonus: Textures quality for BAF-Lite doubled

Nice. Thanks for this. Makes it more attractive to play I hope. How about reticle graphics? I'm hoping for full graphics so that those "lighters" that end up with a BAF role in a realistic setting (no weapon selection) is still able to fight. Current reticles are utterly hopeless with all that blur (sorry).

And, what am I looking at exactly? What I think I'm looking at?

How long is the campaign anyways? Im on mission "Mountain Lair" now. Is that the last mission?

Edited by solidsnake2384

ROFL! I bet you saw me there? I was the guy outside the bar sticking my head in the sand in shame :D And I didn't feel lonely there either, in fact, it was pretty smack full :) It's like a pilgrimage or something - we all have to go there at least once...

Nice. Thanks for this. Makes it more attractive to play I hope. How about reticle graphics? I'm hoping for full graphics so that those "lighters" that end up with a BAF role in a realistic setting (no weapon selection) is still able to fight. Current reticles are utterly hopeless with all that blur (sorry).

And, what am I looking at exactly? What I think I'm looking at?

Can't just spend $10 and get loads of units, some vehicles, new map and a new campaign at very high quality?

For someone who has been around so long, I would think you'd appreciate the work BIS put into the new vehicles and especially the new units(Which are the best made by BIS so far, in my opinion)

I don't understand this random hatred towards DLC, it's the same as a retail copy but easier. :j:

It's a personal matter. Maybe it's the way of the future, but it's just not me. I don't see myself behind the wheels of an electric car either for that matter.

Hey what can I say, I like a good

:p More. Sorry, old dream of mine... No, it's not my car, lol.

That's what the smiley was about, no? :D

Arma 2: British Armed Forces Official Update 1.01

Arma 2: British Armed Forces - version 1.01 highlights

- Brand new grenade launcher optics

- Doubled quality of BAF-Lite experience

- Broad range of fixes and tweaks

Full changelog is contained in the patch archive.

For more information: ArmA2.com

Community Wiki page with full details/changelog/download mirrors: here

---------- Post added at 13:00 ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 ----------

Biki now updated with full mirror list

£8?!

I'll wait for Project Reality thanks...

It's outrageous, I know. I'm going to starve my family for a few days so that I can afford it.

£8?!

PR will surely be great when it will be availeable but youre definatly not wasting your money if you buy the BAF DLC before.

Excellent units, texture and model wise, excellent vehicles and a short but very good campaign.

£8?!

Doubt the PR units will be as good tbh, not to mention that you can use British units on unmodded servers since the release of BAF.

Judging by your other posts I suspect your opinion is slightly less valuable than the £8 you need to pay for the DLC... Actually it's £4 now if you buy it with PMC. £12 for 2 new factions, campaigns, maps and scenarios? Thanks very much, I'd take that offer if I hadn't already bought BAF on release.

£8?!

It's outrageous, I know. I'm going to starve my family for a few days so that I can afford it.

Tight people :omg:. The British Armed Forces expansion is worth

it.

Sooo, how can I bring up those new UGL sights for the L85A2?

Nothing has changed for me... my avatar is still aiming over the full weapon. :confused:

Nothing has changed for me... my avatar is still aiming over the full weapon. :confused:

I would also like to know this.

(Re)install the patch. If you're on Steam, make sure you launch the BAF shortcut for it to finish installing.