British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

I don't know if this has been asked before, but why isn't there a Browning Hi-Power included in the BAF DLC? :confused:

which BAF voice is the best / most authentic Brit or Scotsman to use?

Maybe the bloke who did the "This is Sparta" from EW. Anyways, the voice acting in the BAF DLC sounded like it was done by Americans putting on faux English accents. Case in point, LZ, and Lieutenant were both said the American way, rather than the English way. ;)

Edited by Laqueesha

which BAF voice is the best / most authentic Brit or Scotsman to use?

Hi Baz,

The best British (English, southern) voice is the Male02_BAF, in my opinion.

That voice actor is originally from north London, two others are also GB natives. A forth actor's English is his first language, with a primarily British twang; although, he grew up in Europe and occasionally demonstrates idiosyncasies which are perfeclty common in people that you might still describe as being British.

Unfortunately, there is no Scottish protocol recorded. There were no Americans used in the dubbing of BAF. The Queen wouldn't allow it.

Hope you're enjoying BAF,

RiE

Edit:

'Lieutenant' is an error; 'leftenant' is also used.

'EL Zee' is idiosyncratic; likely, the result of watching a lot of Seasame Street as a child.

Edit Edit:

Indeed, there is no reasonable excuse for 'This is Sparta'.

Edited by RoyaltyinExile
Pesky Non-Believers.

I wont think so... try a search in this thread. but in hindsight I think it would be unwise to do so...

Thanks but already searched and not yielded anything exact.

I (and i think a few others in here) would advise you to get the BAF off sproket. From what ive read there are still issues about using steam.

Really? What issues precisely? Reason is that I don't have a Sprocket account and I've had a Steam account for many years without encountering any problems.

I plan to buy a hard copy (non-digital) of OA (£15 from Play/Amazon/Zaavi).

But it seems that I cannot buy a hard copy of BAF.

So I'll prolly buy BAF from Steam (£8).

Can someone confirm that a Steam version of BAF is compatible with hard copy of OA?

I can confirm that it isn't. On the Steam page for BAF it clearly says you'll need Operation Arrowhead ON STEAM to make it work.

Also, you won't be able to get a hard copy of BAF, it's DLC. You can't download a hard copy of something.

You know what would make this DLC complete? Welsh accents. There, I said it. :D

You know what would make this DLC complete? Welsh accents. There, I said it. :D

I'm truely sorry to dissapoint you, but I'm afraid that the Welsh actors didnt do very well in the sound checks.

We just couldnt hear them from behind all that wool.. ;)

RiE

Just posting to thank BIS for a cracking little DLC! It's great to see other countries get a look-in. I was a little disappointed that there was no Challenger, Panther, Warthog or Scimitar though.

If I can offer some suggestions for future DLC, I'd love to see some AUSCAM, CADPAT, Ørken 99 and MARPAT texture packs. Maybe a Leopard 2 to go with them? :D

I can confirm that it isn't. On the Steam page for BAF it clearly says you'll need Operation Arrowhead ON STEAM to make it work.

Also, you won't be able to get a hard copy of BAF, it's DLC. You can't download a hard copy of something.

Thanks for the confirmation. That's an appalling business decision. So basically if you want BAF from Steam then you're locked into buying OA from Steam, i.e. 70% more expensive (£25 vs £15) than buying a hard copy :eek:. C'mon BIS you need to speak to your main digital distributor. Until then I'm not only boycotting BAF but OA too. Daylight robbery on information highway :rolleyes:

BTW thanks for the precision on DLC but I was already well aware, hence my "I cannot buy a hard copy of BAF".

Can someone confirm that BAF from Sprocket is compatible with a hard copy of OA?

Edited by domokun

Just posting to thank BIS for a cracking little DLC! It's great to see other countries get a look-in. I was a little disappointed that there was no Challenger, Panther, Warthog or Scimitar though.

If I can offer some suggestions for future DLC, I'd love to see some AUSCAM, CADPAT, Ørken 99 and MARPAT texture packs. Maybe a Leopard 2 to go with them? :D

That's what the modding community is for, finishing the things the developers left out. ;)

Can someone confirm that BAF from Sprocket is compatible with a hard copy of OA?

Yes it is and Sprocket is the way to go anyway, since this is the most direct way to BIS (which means more money for them, since they don't need to share what you give'em with some third party). Also I can attest that Sprocket works easy and fast (CC or Paypal) and also the terms of the copy protection sound more than fair/unproblematic.

So yes, indeed, Sprocket is your answer. An account is open within a minute, which takes not more for what it takes for some forum registration.

Have fun!

:D

Will you make a French and/or German DLC in the future ?

Really? What issues precisely? Reason is that I don't have a Sprocket account and I've had a Steam account for many years without encountering any problems.

Like the chap said above, its really simple, if i could work it out (first online purchess ever) then anyone can :). With steam ive herd there are a few compatibility issues with updates or rather (might not be entirly accurate) but Dwarden spent ages on here helping people get it working so there musta been something wrong.

Yes it is and Sprocket is the way to go anyway, since this is the most direct way to BIS (which means more money for them, since they don't need to share what you give'em with some third party). Also I can attest that Sprocket works easy and fast (CC or Paypal) and also the terms of the copy protection sound more than fair/unproblematic.

So yes, indeed, Sprocket is your answer. An account is open within a minute, which takes not more for what it takes for some forum registration.

Have fun!

:D

Sprocket it shall be then until Valve change their thieving ways...

Thanks for the confirmation. That's an appalling business decision. So basically if you want BAF from Steam then you're locked into buying OA from Steam, i.e. 70% more expensive (£25 vs £15) than buying a hard copy :eek:. C'mon BIS you need to speak to your main digital distributor. Until then I'm not only boycotting BAF but OA too. Daylight robbery on information highway :rolleyes:

If you're going to boycott anyone, boycott Valve. Every game on Steam works in the exact same way and always has; you cannot buy a game from somewhere else, buy it's DLC on Steam and then expect them to work in unison. It's not BIS' fault. However, I believe the methods outlined here may be able to make you do that, but I've never had to do it since I didn't buy from Steam, so you would want to get confirmation from Dwarden or someone who has.

Hi Baz,

The best British (English, southern) voice is the Male02_BAF, in my opinion.

That voice actor is originally from north London, two others are also GB natives. A forth actor's English is his first language, with a primarily British twang; although, he grew up in Europe and occasionally demonstrates idiosyncasies which are perfeclty common in people that you might still describe as being British.

Unfortunately, there is no Scottish protocol recorded. There were no Americans used in the dubbing of BAF. The Queen wouldn't allow it.

Hope you're enjoying BAF,

RiE

Edit:

'Lieutenant' is an error; 'leftenant' is also used.

'EL Zee' is idiosyncratic; likely, the result of watching a lot of Seasame Street as a child.

Edit Edit:

Indeed, there is no reasonable excuse for 'This is Sparta'.

what pitch value should I use with voice Male02_BAF? And also I have noticed that not all of the radio commands use that voice when using the ingame command menus. It seems to only work on certain command menu responses otherwise he sounds American again.

what pitch value should I use with voice Male02_BAF? And also I have noticed that not all of the radio commands use that voice when using the ingame command menus. It seems to only work on certain command menu responses otherwise he sounds American again.

shows three different pitches for Male02_BAF so you can hear the differences. Basically anything out of the 0.9 to 1.1 range started to sound really stupid (hill giant vs chipmonk).

What the hell is wrong with steam? I bought Operation Arrowhead from them and now trying to buy the DLC it gives me "can't add item to cart" thing. I don't want to sign up for sprocket, cause I like to use steam. Anyone know a solution?

Edit: Nevermind, just fired up the game and clicked the buy button from the Main Menu/Expansions screen, then went to steam and it worked.

Edited by Danno04

haha this must be the first time i've seen someone prefer steam over sprocket on these forums :p

haha this must be the first time i've seen someone prefer steam over sprocket on these forums :p

And probably the last/:)

Love the DLC, bit gutted there are no support units or Spec ops troops (sas would have been a nice touch ;) )

I have a questions though, how do you get them to spawn with the ACM module?

Does anyone know their faction name?

I guessed at BIS_BAF, but it doesnt seem to work.

Check here for my reasoning;

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Ambient_Combat_Manager_-_Group_types

BIS_BAF is the correct BAF faction name. Maybe they don't have any units declared in the ACM?

BIS_BAF is the correct BAF faction name. Maybe they don't have any units declared in the ACM?

Thanks for that.

..i think you might be right mate.

I think i've set it up right, but no british troops turn up.

In fact ALL West faction troops (US, CZ and German) show up, but no British ones.

Im heading over tot he ACm thread to set those lot loose on it, cheers.

PS, if any one still hasnt decided to get the BAF DLC yet, then i highly recomendyou get it.

There are no support trucks, but still, its real good ;)

Found this link just now about the subject:

I'm sorry to say that currently there is no easy way to make the SOM use BAF content, unless the module is changed itself. It is prepared to check whether A2, OA or both are available, but not yet for BAF (or any other content). If there is time I will look at doing this for a patch.