British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

I would actually love to see some figures on the first few months sales of the BAF DLC, if there's any justice they should be high as it's a great addon. Even better is you can now get Combined ops and BAF for probably less money than other single titles.

I bought BAF last night but was upset that it won't install unless you have Operation Arrowhead.I read you can use Arma 2 or OA to install BAF.Impulse won't let you install BAF without AO.Luckily I bought AO expansion a few days ago and its being shipped or I'd have been screwed.

Edited by WarriorM4

I bought BAF last night but was upset that it won't install unless you have Operation Arrowhead.I read you can use Arma 2 or OA to install BAF.Impulse won't let you install BAF without AO.Luckily I bought AO expansion a few days ago and its being shipped or I'd have been screwed by the misrepresented truth.

May I please ask you for a reference to this statement? As far as I can see on ArmA 2 pages, there is everything clearly stated:

The Arma 2: British Armed Forces is the addon for Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead and/or Arma 2: Combined Operations. It can not be played seperately and does require the original game in order to be played.

As far as I can see on ArmA 2 pages, there is everything clearly stated

Further down it states:

So if the information is incorrect elsewhere, please let us know so we can update it accordingly.

BAF requires OA as it utilizes the new environments which the latter added. Combined Operations is Arma 2 and Arma 2: Operation arrowhead Combined.

Hope that clarifies things and that there is no further confusion, enjoy BAF and OA! :)

RiE

I've been wondering... BIS said that the possibility of future DLCs is largely dependent on whether or not this one does well in terms of sales. Now I know it's only been a few weeks, but is there any kind of info on how successful the DLC was? Have the sales so far been able to live up to your expectations, or are they falling short?

Let's wait two weeks more, please.

With less than one month of sales, it's probably still early to draw conclusions, but the adoption rate among the community seems pretty high from my experience. The question is regarding the more casual gamers.

If the figures prove satisfactory, I'm curious to see what could come next from BIS and when. Obviously, BAF took quite some time to develop (we had early screenshots before Arrowhead launch) and it seems they worked on it until the end (late surprises as Shapur).

Unless BIS has an ace in its sleeve and has been working on something already (plausible) I don't expect anything at least before 4 months... (that would be around christmas, though a interesting period to sell a new entertainment product)

What you dont want to do is flood the community with DLC on a monthly basis, totally wrong marketing strategy.

Two weeks.. 'Be Sure'.. O.M.... :868:

(only certain members will fully understand the relevance)

I'm hoping to buy the DLC but the fees for for paying Digital River in Germany from Canada are 2-3 times the price of the DLC itself.

I've emailed Merdian4 about paying them directly as their in Canada like myself

Don't know what the Paypal fees are but the last time I used them I ended up fighting to get them to release my own money

and lost a couple hundred in a couple of bogus Ebay customer claims I didn't ship an item. I refuse to use them again.

Edited by jblackrupert

I recommend Gamersgate and paying via ClickandBuy. Worked like a charm for me and never had any problems with C&B before.

Use Sprocket ?

They want Credit card which I don't have.

I've used a Secured Credit card on large purchases online but sometimes

the system refuses to accept them outside of Canada and you have to go

through a big song and dance to get it done. plus a minimum deposit of $200

is required on a secured card here.

Getting the remainder back out after a small purchase can be a hassle

not something worth doing for something so small.

INTERAC (Bank to Bank) works smoothly between the US and Canada but almost nobody uses it online. Fees for that are only $1.50CAN.

Money from my account goes into their account right away.

Hopefully Meridian4 will let me use that.

They want Credit card which I don't have.

Use PayPal, they accept that. Or get a real credit card seeing as it's the 21st century and all. :)

Use PayPal, they accept that. Or get a real credit card seeing as it's the 21st century and all. :)

Or move from Canada... :p

never planing to sign up to steam or equiv. if I could take my USB stick into my local EB, Game or whatever I would bef. buy it.

Uploaded a video showing the 9 new faces and 4 new voices (with three pitch examples each) that came with the BAF DLC. Enjoy it in

!

6dRWgnKkMrc

which BAF voice is the best / most authentic Brit or Scotsman to use?

I plan to buy a hard copy (non-digital) of OA (£15 from Play/Amazon/Zaavi).

But it seems that I cannot buy a hard copy of BAF.

So I'll prolly buy BAF from Steam (£8).

Can someone confirm that a Steam version of BAF is compatible with hard copy of OA?

I (and i think a few others in here) would advise you to get the BAF off sproket. From what ive read there are still issues about using steam.