British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

Only one thing you say automaticly explodes. . . . as in, hits the chopper or, near the chopper (Script or thats just its just how the missile works)

It's how it works. Depends on the incoming direction of course, but an AA missile coming from the front usually explodes near the tail.

One question about the DLC... why are there NO grenade sights on any of the L85s? This makes them pretty much useless to those of us who play properly, the model is there on the gun but why is it unfinished?

Will there be updates to the DLC or are we stuck with a partial product that we've paid money for?

I love the DLC and bought it minutes after it came out... but seeing the GL sighting model there on the gun and being unable to use it is frustrating.

It's how it works. Depends on the incoming direction of course, but an AA missile coming from the front usually explodes near the tail.

Intresting *gets busy building mission*

Thanks again on the repy, people like me, joe bloggs and others really appreciate it when you guys talk to us ;)

Lol, "play properly".

I too find it odd that despite the ability to switch optics in OA all the grenade sights are still folded down. Would be nice to get that changed or fixed. In the meantime, however, just play with crosshairs. ;)

Lol, "play properly".

I too find it odd that despite the ability to switch optics in OA all the grenade sights are still folded down. Would be nice to get that changed or fixed. In the meantime, however, just play with crosshairs. ;)

Yea and the SUSAT sight doesn't have a second sight (when you press "numpad /" etc.) :(

This is what I get:

susat2.jpg

Maybe it's just the GL version..

Yeah, its going to be patched, thanks a lot for your remark.

Hmm ill check the GL and the normal version, and let you know.

EDIT

Ok i looked and yeah it is the L85A2 SUSAT GL that doesnt have the backup sights.

However as the pettka said its going to be patched, I hope it will be fixed, and made to be like the MK16 Mk4cq/t scope. However, im not sure if that rifle is an ace rifle or not

Edited by CannonousCrash

Lol, "play properly".

Some of us play the game in non-arcade mode... so that rules out crosshairs. And also, you will find a few groups who do "play properly" no matter how much you wish to laugh, this is a milsim and as such some groups do enjoy the simulation aspect.

Good to hear the backup sights will be patched pettka, will the GL sights also be included?

Thanks for the headsup. Always nice with devs popping in to clear things out, and extra fun to see more of such a new face :)

Don't know if it's 1.54 specific, but the Team command bootcamp mission seems broken. You cannot order the medic to heal the officer ("negative").

Edit : Sorry, wrong thread, Thought I was in the 1.54 patch one...

Edited by EricM

No prob. I'm glad i could help, and thanks for the heads-up.
In the meantime, however, just play with crosshairs. ;)
Talking about crosshairs, it's impossible to accurately aim your machine gun if you are a side-gunner of the bmp-3 (left/right gunner) because it's just a rectangular view-hole with no crosshairs/indication to which way your gun is pointing.

(Pic here: http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/6785/arma2gapinggreatholeinb.jpg and more info in this thread http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=106877)

Just wondering if anyone knows of any footage for the Warriors 30mm Cannon live firing HE rounds? :confused:

All I've found so far is normal 30mm rounds. I just want to see what a real 30mm HE round looks like on impact to compare with the 'seemingly' HUGE explosion from the in game rounds.

Loving the BAF vehicles! :bounce3: (apart from a lil bug or two!)

Cheers ;)

the warrior should have a 40mm cannon if i remember correctly

Ah! well that may explain why I can't find any 30mm HE from a warrior then :p

I'll see what I can find....thanks ;)

EDIT: After a quick look, I can't find any warrior 40mm HE footage but do any of you military guys know if a 40mm HE round from a hand held launcher would be a similar sized explosion to a warriors?

Edited by RomeoSierra

Is the steam version of the British Armed Forces compatible with the Boxed version.If not,which is?

EDIT: After a quick look, I can't find any warrior 40mm HE footage but do any of you military guys know if a 40mm HE round from a hand held launcher would be a similar sized explosion to a warriors?

The Warrior has a brand new turret including CTWS, 40mm rapid fire grenade launcher. Its just a prototype nowadays, but we foresee its usage in 2012. You may find some more intel here. Its hard to compare future technologies with current ones :icon_twisted:

I found this info page:

http://www.quarry.nildram.co.uk/WLIP.htm

I got my serial today, and i would like to say :

It's frakking....:icon_dj:

:coop:

Just purchased the BAF DLC. :D

Apparently I have to wait 24 hours for the company to review and confirm my order. :(

Edited by Laqueesha

Apparently I have to wait 24 hours for the company to review and confirm my order. :(

Which company is that?

After a quick look, I can't find any warrior 40mm HE footage but do any of you military guys know if a 40mm HE round from a hand held launcher would be a similar sized explosion to a warriors?

There's some footage of the CT40 GPR rounds airbursting in this video of BAe's turret prototype, before that there's some APFSDS:

The Lockheed prototype (design has been updated extensively since) firing CT40 APFSDS rounds:

The GPR rounds are MUCH larger than 40mm LV grenades. The projectile alone is about 1kg, of which roughly 120g is the explosive filler. HE 40mm low-velocity grenades are about 230g in weight (including the cartridge and propellant), of which 30-40g is explosive filler.

The Warrior has a brand new turret including CTWS, 40mm rapid fire grenade launcher.

I wouldn't really describe a gun that fires APFSDS KE penetrators as a grenade launcher. ;)

Edited by da12thMonkey