1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

You might wanna spoilers-tag that?

Its installed.

Some initial thoughts, i live 10 mins drive from Newcastle's city centre and no Geordie i know sounds like the one in game LOL

Second mission, i get my men in the jackals and now i have a bug.

I have a civilian and independent talking to each other in a constant loop, it wont stop.

I have had to restart the mission, somethings never change ehh.

DK;1739158']Has any one tried the SP missions yet? i had a go but in the first scene when the helo it hit with a Missile' date=' the helo just spin out of control and stays that way and keep spinning in the air, or just hits the dirt and we all die! any ideas[/quote']

Tried most of the single player missions, didnt find any really bad bugs so far.

The only one I did find was when I told all my team to get in the Jackels, I split the section down into 2 teams, red for Jackel 1, blue for Jackel 2. They all loaded apart from the medic. I told him to get in but when pressing middle mouse button, nothing. Tried it a few times, still nothing. I had to get out the vehicle first to get the medic into the Jackel, then I was on my merry way.

Overall though, really cool missions.

Tried most of the single player missions, didnt find any really bad bugs so far.

The only one I did find was when I told all my team to get in the Jackels, I split the section down into 2 teams, red for Jackel 1, blue for Jackel 2. They all loaded apart from the medic. I told him to get in but when pressing middle mouse button, nothing. Tried it a few times, still nothing. I had to get out the vehicle first to get the medic into the Jackel, then I was on my merry way.

Overall though, really cool missions.

ok thanks, now i know its just me :eek:

DK;1739227']ok thanks' date=' now i know its just me :eek:[/quote']

Actually, several people have reported that bug with the rotating chopper never landing. Fortunately it didn't happen for me, or a lot of other peeps, so I guess it's just one of those random things that can happen in an open world sim. ;)

Maybe BIS will fix it by adding some downward velocity to the chopper via script.

We tried to reproduce this problem without any luck. Are you running any mods? I read something about people experiencing it with ACE etc.

We tried to reproduce this problem without any luck. Are you running any mods? I read something about people experiencing it with ACE etc.

Can I ask, was the same method used for the helicopter coming down as was used on the Coltan Blues mission in OA when you are inserted by littlebird? Can't remember the functions name but it pre-records the movement which you can then replicate every time?

No. Here in Crimson Lance the tail rotor is hit and the rest of the crash landing is handled by AI and autorotation.

The warrior is immense! The blast of those 40mm HE shell's is lethal to pretty much anything

No. Here in Crimson Lance the tail rotor is hit and the rest of the crash landing is handled by AI and autorotation.

Im impresed, was it a script comand that takes the rotor off?

Would the Helo react any differntly if it was an enemy contact.

Il test tonight ;)

Well, if you really want to know :)

There's an actual Avenger that launches an actual missile at the Wildcat. It automatically detonates near the tail to take out the rear rotor.

The problem was that on higher difficulties the chopper took more damage and the crash landing ended up in... well, a crash. A bad one, because the whole crew died in fire. So we made the chopper invulnerable and killed the tail via setHit after the missile exploded.

If there will finally be a really good and bit longer russian or soviet themed campaign i gladly fork another 9Eur for this.

Since i still don`t own an credit card, i guess i have to wait for an ArmA 2 GOTY to get the British Troops DLC.:(

I don't chime in here often but this was $10 well spent. My highlights:

1. Cool Campaign

2. Good voice acting on some key characters

3. New weapons

4. new vehicles to play with in the toy box :D

5. A bunch of new single player missions

I've spent $10 on worse stuff for sure. Hell we just ate at Chilis and I spent $16 on their Fiesta Trio but it was very meh.

Anyway, to me its well worth it. I voted with my wallet!

Also the only bug I came across this time was during the training sequence getting my medic to heal someone he would't do it.

I played the entire campaign (twice) and all the single missions and I did not crash to desktop once! Thanks BI this was a blast! I especially liked the opening!

Edited by StormbringerGT

Since i still don`t own an credit card, i guess i have to wait for an ArmA 2 GOTY to get the British Troops DLC.:(

dude, i don't have a credit card either (and don't want one). just make a PayPal account.

with the exception of British online stores, almost everyone accepts PayPal as a method of international payment. this includes Steam and Sprocket, both of which are selling the BAF DLC. ;)

in case you're not familiar with PayPal: you simply transfer the desired amount you'd like to spend from your own bank account to the PayPal bank account in your country. 1-2 days later the money shows up in your online PayPal account, ready to be spent.

for private customers, it's essentially free to use. ;)

Not sure what it would be called in Germany, but there must a system like our Direct Debit - for automatically paying bills etc without you having to transfer the money manually everytime the gas bill or whatever arrives.

If that is the case, you should be able to set that up with PayPal, so you dont even have to transfer the money. It will just automatically take it out of your bank account when you spend.

thanks bi for the stryker mc functionality in 1.54

byJTi.jpg

Edited by Fox '09

Well, if you really want to know :)

There's an actual Avenger that launches an actual missile at the Wildcat. It automatically detonates near the tail to take out the rear rotor.

The problem was that on higher difficulties the chopper took more damage and the crash landing ended up in... well, a crash. A bad one, because the whole crew died in fire. So we made the chopper invulnerable and killed the tail via setHit after the missile exploded.

Thanks for the responce ;)

Only one thing you say automaticly explodes. . . . as in, hits the chopper or, near the chopper (Script or thats just its just how the missile works)

Thanks

Thanks for the responce ;)

Only one thing you say automaticly explodes. . . . as in, hits the chopper or, near the chopper (Script or thats just its just how the missile works)

Thanks

I was wondering the same thing! :)