British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

I can't see those pages at the moment, but am really interested to know what is said there. Would someone be kind enough to give me the gist of it. :)

The three top sellers in Steam simulation page are

1: Arma 2:CO

2: Arma 2:BAF

3:Arma 2: OA

Kotaku:

As we enter a bold new era for the humble PC sales chart, we find this week two games dominating all others atop the digital download charts.

And those two games are The Sims 3, which charts on both PC and Mac, and Bohemia Interactive's excellent (though buggy) ArmA II.

Nice to see Steam gamers continuing strong support for indy titles, too, with Trine coming in at #9.

PC Digital Download Charts For The Week Ending July 5

Steam

1. Fallout 3
2. ArmA II
3. Dawn of Discovery
4. 2K Huge Games Pack
5. Street Fighter IV
6. Left 4 Dead
7. Call of Juarez
8. Overlord II
9. Trine
10. CS: Source

Direct2Drive

1. ArmA 2
2. Aion (pre-sale)
3. The Sims 3
4. The Sims 3 (Mac)
5. Dawn of Discovery
6. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
7. Call of Juarez
8. Overlord 2
9. Civilization 4: The Complete Edition
10. Fallout 3

Thanks, connos. ;)

Definitely good to see Arma2 on top a chart, even if it is "just" the simulations genre.

It has also to be stated that Arma might have a "boost" on steam and D2D because it's not as widely available in standard retail stores...

Erm, something odd, though awesome, seems to have occurred with my DLC. I bought BAF from Sprocket and have been merrily playing it. Today I felt like it was time to play a wee bit of Elemental so I started up Impulse to see the BAF DLC listed under by games as available, though I can't download it as I don't have Operation Arrowhead on Impulse. Is this normal? And more to the point - does this happen with all sprocket downloads?

Erm, something odd, though awesome, seems to have occurred with my DLC. I bought BAF from Sprocket and have been merrily playing it. Today I felt like it was time to play a wee bit of Elemental so I started up Impulse to see the BAF DLC listed under by games as available, though I can't download it as I don't have Operation Arrowhead on Impulse. Is this normal? And more to the point - does this happen with all sprocket downloads?

They did say that the DLC uses Impulse for activation. I haven't checked mine yet, since I only have Impulse for SINS (haven't played in a while), but I assume it will have popped up there too. :)

Really, hm, I missed that. So I take it that the sprocket version of ArmA 2 doesn't activate on Impulse as well, only the DLC? Shame, would also have been nice if the retail versions could be activated on Impulse or Sprocket, as having a downloadable backup is always good. Ah well. (I have retail)

Edited by Dynamic Echo

Really, hm, I missed that. So I take it that the sprocket version of ArmA 2 doesn't activate on Impulse as well, only the DLC? Shame, would also have been nice if the retail versions could be activated on Impulse or Sprocket, as having a downloadable backup is always good. Ah well. (I have retail)

There is a difference between protection of exe (which is Securom for example) and game client (which is Steam for example). We used Impulse DRM to protect the exe, but it doesn't mean it will be available in Impulse GUI when bought elsewhere, like Sprocket.

It's like you'd expect to have BAF on Steam when you have bought it on Sprocket.

Ah right, thanks for clearing that up for me :) To be clear, I wasn't expecting it to appear anywhere else, I was enormously surprised when it showed up.

Edited by Dynamic Echo

Ah right, thanks for clearing that up for me :) To be clear, I wasn't expecting it to appear anywhere else, I was enormously surprised when it showed up.

Maybe it has been autodetected as they are both from Stardock?

One thing I have noticed about the BAF DLC is that the sights on all the grenade launcher variants of the new BAF weapons are still folded down, making them useless if you play without crosshairs. :(

Can the next DLC be Opfor stuff? Like desert russian army with some vehicles/weapons we haven't seen yet.

The only problem I see in this game is that everybody is so pro-bluefor. It'd be nice once in a while to see new stuff for opfor.

Actually, how about making the Russians the good guys (for a change).

:P

Actually, how about making the Russians the good guys (for a change).

:P

A campaign for them: OK!

Make them BLURFOR: No way!

Wow im just absolutley blow away by this DLC!! I can't believe i only paid around $10-13 Australian! Its amazing in this day and age when we have the likes of Activision charging players $20 for old maps that you guys are giving us AMAZING and HUGE new pieces of content cheaper than a packet of smokes!

I see ArmA II having a very very long shelf life with future DLC releases and lets hope we see some Aussie content in the future ;).

Also for Opfor content i reckon adding a new faction based on Iran would suite Takistan very well :D, something abit different from the ruskies in regards to tech :).

Hi all bit of a problem.

I have got two hard drives with XP on both so dual boot basically.

On one I had the BAF mod installed via Sprocket.

Well today I have installed another hard drive (not replacing the hard drive with the BAF mod on) and a new GPU ;).

Now when I try to boot from the old hard drive with BAF on as I wanted to uninstall it so I could install it on me new hard drive I cant access it.

I get boot disk failure OK i dont care I will format it BUT will that be a problem? as Sprocket will now think I have it installed on two hard drives.

Thanks

Without giving anything away, anyone else get the engineer 'entertaining' the crew when a vehicle stops in the campaign ? That made my night (I'm easily pleased).

Was it when he started humming? That made me laugh too. :D

Was it when he started humming? That made me laugh too. :D

Lol yeah, That guy is cool:cool:

Your DLC will be the first and probably only DLC I will ever buy.

I'm English and not having the UK forces in your game is rather limited. Alas, it's a good side to spin money.

If you get greedy like Activision and CoD then I won't play your games anymore.

Alas, thanks for British. £8 is priced right for me. However if you do this 2 or 3 times a year I think this DLC will be my first and last, unless you really come to the fold with something amazing in future DLC.

Come on guys, stop begging for free stuff. The DLC looks quite nice and from what I can tell in the "lite" version, weapon sounds do not suck. And the models look really nice.

I would happily fork over another 9€ for a comparable german faction. Also getting a takistan sized new landmass to play on with considerable amount of new objects on it would be worth 20€ for me.

Finally a game that does actually deliver a lot of things on DLC and expansion packs and people still beg for free stuff

However if you do this 2 or 3 times a year I think this DLC will be my first and last, unless you really come to the fold with something amazing in future DLC.

actually, release dlc 2 or 3 times this year and i'll be VERY HAPPY to see arma2 expanding more and more with such quality.

Greedy?FPDR The financial status of BI and Activision is not really next to each other...I'm sure we'd get BAF for free is OA sold 20 million.

I'm sure we'd get BAF for free if OA sold 20 million.

yeah, because the MW2 mappacks were free because the game sold some 20 million, right? ;)

once a game has sold that many copies, the company knows they can pretty much get away with anything. you have a bigger chance of getting stuff for free from smaller companies.

that's why you got the soundtrack for free with every copy of Risen but have to buy the MW2 soundtrack. that's why you got additional free content with The Witcher but have to pay for every little piece of Dragon Age DLC. the list goes on.

yeah, because the MW2 mappacks were free because the game sold some 20 million, right? ;)

I can promise you if there will be 20mil sold copies of OA, you'll get 4, maybe 5, DLCs for free. And more!!!... You can vote for their content! :-D

I can promise you if there will be 20mil sold copies of OA, you'll get 4, maybe 5, DLCs for free. And more!!!... You can vote for their content! :-D

So how many would we need to buy in order to hit the 20mil mark? ;)