British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

Just wonder if BIS have plans to release another paid "BAF extended" DLC in some months? Or release it with other DLC's in one "Arma2 + CO DLC special edition" DVD box? :)

Just wonder if BIS have plans to release another paid "BAF extended" DLC in some months? Or release it with other DLC's in one "Arma2 + CO DLC special edition" DVD box? :)

After all, everything depends on community, as usual. :) Success of BAF means a good chance for these bonuses (and more), while BAF fail means... you know... :)

I would like to see additions, but were BIS testing the water by not actually including the things people are asking as additions ... marketing ploy maybe?

*speaks in a mum to a toddler voice*

Are you boys being sneaky? I can tell if you are ...... you naughty little scamps.

:)

Yes Im happy with what I got for the cost, I still haven't played the campaign through completely but what I have seen and heard its a step up from OA campaign in terms of flow and characters, OA was a much better step up from Arma2 .. so its all good progress, I hope you chaps get a good response to this and it can expand.

One slight niggle is "Mr Fontlaroy" posh boy voice in the voice pack, thats the only one that sounds like its some PC speech generater "posh uk" preset, all the others are well done, I keep sticking to the manchester accent to be honest.

Edited by mrcash2009

Now i remember an earlier post brought this up but do all L85A2s in Afghanistan use the new RIS and ACOG upgrades? I'm wondering whether or not the iconic L85A2 is still in use like the one on the cover of BAF.

Can I just say that it actually sounds more like real people talking in the radio messages? Really rather good.

After all, everything depends on community, as usual. :) Success of BAF means a good chance for these bonuses (and more), while BAF fail means... you know... :)

Any idea how it's going so far? :)

Now i remember an earlier post brought this up but do all L85A2s in Afghanistan use the new RIS and ACOG upgrades? I'm wondering whether or not the iconic L85A2 is still in use like the one on the cover of BAF.

Yeah, the thing I most missed was an L85 with just ironsights.

Yeah, the thing I most missed was an L85 with just ironsights.

Yeah, I'm missing the L85A2 with ironsights and the carbine version for aircrew. :rolleyes:

Any idea how it's going so far? :)

Maruk has quite solid plans in this question. :P

So...they do still use the regular L85A2 in Afghanistan?

Yes, but generally not amongst personnel performing the sort of roles you'd want to play in ArmA.

So...they do still use the regular L85A2 in Afghanistan?

I belong to a team of guys that train and deploy troops for Afghanistan.. Many deploy with acogs and the new handguard, many with susat and the old green style handguard, but out of the seven thousand odd troops we processed last year, not one had iron sights..

I belong to a team of guys that train and deploy troops for Afghanistan.. Many deploy with acogs and the new handguard, many with susat and the old green style handguard, but out of the seven thousand odd troops we processed last year, not one had iron sights..

It's a case of distances isn't it? Isn't most combat in Afghanistan longer range engagements?

It's a case of distances isn't it? Isn't most combat in Afghanistan longer range engagements?

It's always been the case that troops deploying to an operational theatre get optics, even if they normally use iron-sights domestically (support units mostly). It's not really particular to Afghanistan.

Main exceptions being jungle warfare (such as training at BATSUB) and maritime boarding operations (counter-piracy, drug interdiction, FPGRM etc).

Maruk has quite solid plans in this question. :P

That's a good one. Though I don't think we'll know the figures, I'd love to know if it's considered a mild success, a failure or if it surpassed the expectations.

Supposedly around 70% of the fan base should be interested... let's just hope the fanbase is big enough and the poll is representative to some point...

Edited by EricM

Though I don't think we'll know the figures, I'd love to know if it's considered a mild success, a failure or if it surpassed the expectations.

+1

I've always wondered how their sales are too. Hopefully good enough for them to keep doing this... for at least another 20 years. :)

I also hope the DLC has sold well - I love it so I'd love more :P

Well, I bought it immediately.

Made me chuckle... I'm not good with regional American accents [what with being English and all] but the first mission in BAF SP I was in the chopper and I thought to myself "great, i'm sat next to a fcuking Geordie!"

About time we Brits got our own boys to play with!

Well I got BAF the first day from Sprocket. No complaints. So far I've bought each version of "OFP" through the years and have enjoyed each one. Will buy the next DLC as well. I sincerely hope BIS stays in the game market.

Thank you,

m

is it just me or after playing baf lite i said "holy crap i want these in high quality.." and that made me buy it..

Only you... cause everyone else bought it straight away.... hahaha.... jk

is it just me or after playing baf lite i said "holy crap i want these in high quality.." and that made me buy it..

Probably a not quite unintentional side effect of putting BAF lite in the patch for free. ;)

Probably a not quite unintentional side effect of putting BAF lite in the patch for free. ;)

I actually heard somebody in game chat seeing it differently: the BAF lite was so bad and annoying that he said he won't spend 9 Eur to get better skins.

Can't argue with this kind of ppl, i mean cmon the BAF lite is obviously just an appetizer and not meant to please ppl. And in case one really hates playing with brits and/or british sounds, there's always the option to just leave the server.

[Edit]

Mmmh it just hit me that the hole BAF lite issue some ppl have (hating to spend 9 Eur, but also hate to play with BAF lite units) could easily be solved with a replacement config (all BAF lite units replaced with normal OA units). What would happen if one would release this on these forums? Public outcry? Official ban? I'm not planning to do it, just curious.

Edited by ])rStrangelove

)rStrangelove;1736693'][Edit]

Mmmh it just hit me that the hole BAF lite issue some ppl have (hating to spend 9 Eur' date=' but also hate to play with BAF lite units) could easily be solved with a replacement config (all BAF lite units replaced with normal OA units). What would happen if one would release this on these forums? Public outcry? Official ban? I'm not planning to do it, just curious.[/quote']

I´m quite sure we are going to find out sooner or later :p

Personally i don´t see anything wrong with it, it´s something you´d expect from a community that´s known to do stuff. Then again it doesn´t hurt waiting for more people to buy BAF before releasing something thats using the appetizer as a base and making it a more worthwhile addition to the game by using community mods.