Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

what You hate on it if i may ask ?

I think the best thing to do is to give out free cake and a woman with the next DLC/Expansion.

Only if it's a Czech woman :bounce3:

Amen to that....

Since I am not in the military, anyone can share what is the difference between the Apache and Chinook in US Army and the one in BAF other than insignia? I mean in game terms not real life...

In game US Apache has different FFARs to UK version: US AH64D has hydra, UK AH1 has flechette anti-tank rockets (FAT) and HE rockets.

IRL UK Apache has different engines, avionics and countermeasures suite to US version.

Since I am not in the military, anyone can share what is the difference between the Apache and Chinook in US Army and the one in BAF other than insignia? I mean in game terms not real life...

Pretty much the same, the major difference being the WAH-64 inclusion of the more powerful Rolls Royce engine. Unfortunately the US designed transmission system can't utilise the extra power so performance remains pretty much the same.

OT, congratulations BIS for an excellent addition to the ArmA family. BAF is superb and worth every penny.

Love the British additions, love the first missions err funny addition lol, and im enjoying working my way though the campain ;). Only had one problem being the second zoom on the sniper seems to lag out lol but never mind :D

Also clever thinking of putting the Brits into 1.54 so we can still play all together, so in responce i think this song sums up what i want to say :D

Cool, fa $11 aus its worth it :)

So when are you guys (BI) going to release the ADF (Australian Defence Force) DLC... the ADF has some great and unique units... plus the best SF in the world (bring on the flaming) .... PLEEEEAAASSSEEEEE :)

just finished tha campaign. very good. short but awesome.

Pretty much the same, the major difference being the WAH-64 inclusion of the more powerful Rolls Royce engine. Unfortunately the US designed transmission system can't utilise the extra power so performance remains pretty much the same.

OT, congratulations BIS for an excellent addition to the ArmA family. BAF is superb and worth every penny.

Don't forget the sensor package riddled all over the body, they modelled that quite nicely.

Edited by NodUnit

In game US Apache has different FFARs to UK version: US AH64D has hydra, UK AH1 has flechette anti-tank rockets (FAT) and HE rockets.

IRL UK Apache has different engines, avionics and countermeasures suite to US version.

Ah great to know. Thanks for info.

what You hate on it if i may ask ?

i just like the oa one better, the yellow us army guys

Right-click -> Properties -> Change Icon?

thanks

Anyone else notice the XM8s? AWESOME!

What's new about it? I asked because it was there since forever... but if there was a change of model or something, I would like to see it too

This is my feedback about this BAF DLC which I already bought:

While I enjoyed very much the idea - it's great to see other military forces being modeled (by BIS) other than the US military forces (I'm bit of tired of always seeing the US military in all military games as the "player's side") but unfortunally I'm a bit disapointed with this DLC and the reasons are:

1- Very few new (British) units. I don't understand why for example the Challenger 2 wasn't included in this DLC and why a fixed wing aircraft like the Harrier wasn't included either (The Harrier already exists in ArmA2, basically a reskin would be enough for this case). I also don't understand why there isn't any ambulance, repair, refuel and rearm vehicles for the British Forces!

2- The new campaign with British forces isn't co-op playable! (major letdown for me)

3- Some bugs such as the crew chief Minigun in the British Chinook isn't movable (always stays in a fixed rearfacing position)

I don't understand why for example the Challenger 2 wasn't included in this DLC and why a fixed wing aircraft like the Harrier wasn't included either (The Harrier already exists in ArmA2, basically a reskin would be enough for this case). I also don't understand why there isn't any ambulance, repair, refuel and rearm vehicles for the British Forces!

Cause its been mentioned a bloody thausand times,its mechanized infantry/para counter insurgency( cant remember the proper name=cidered) squads!

Eg not tanks etc! :)

1- Very few new (British) units. I don't understand why for example the Challenger 2 wasn't included in this DLC and why a fixed wing aircraft like the Harrier wasn't included either (The Harrier already exists in ArmA2, basically a reskin would be enough for this case). I also don't understand why there isn't any ambulance, repair, refuel and rearm vehicles for the British Forces!

Because no one ever promised you that it will contain the whole British Army. And by checking the ArmA2 website before it should have been clear what the DLC contains and what not.

2- The new campaign with British forces isn't co-op playable! (major letdown for me)

OK that indeed sucks a bit. Time maybe was the main factor here, making a mission MP compatible is way more work than just making a SP one.

Some bugs such as the crew chief Minigun in the British Chinook isn't movable (always stays in a fixed rearfacing position)

Typical, that's what you (or better BIS) gets from refusing the help from people willing to betatest their stuff before release. A lot of the (small) issues in BAF could have been eliminated if only a couple of dedicated people would have tested it before the release.

I think that perhaps the reason for not making the campaign MP compatible is that people who haven't purchased the DLC would be able to download the entire campaign and play it just by joining a server hosting a session of the campaign. One of the drawbacks of the excellent method of downloading missions that the player doesn't have in order to play. ;)

Plus the most action-packed (therefore the most MP-friendly) campaign mission actually IS playable in MP. Look for "Heat" in the MP missions list.

I don't understand why for example... why a fixed wing aircraft like the Harrier wasn't included either (The Harrier already exists in ArmA2, basically a reskin would be enough for this case).

I love the BAF DLC, but I have to agree that this is a major omission. It seems only logical to include a fixed-wing CAS asset alongside the Ah64 :confused:

Obvious choice would've been a simple reskin of the Harrier or F35, but IIRC the Harrier has recently been replaced by the Tornado GR4 in Afghan... now that would've been nice :rolleyes:

Edited by Mandrake5

Pretty pleased with BAF, tough agreed with above posters, any fixed wings aircraft would have been great.

I really didn't care or look forward to the BAF DLC. I just pre-ordered to show my support for BIS.

But, surprisingly, I am very impressed with it. The units and missions are really enjoyable and top notch quality. I haven't touched the campaign yet, but will try it soon enough.

Good job BIS and thanks!

I really look forward to the next DLC... *cough* more US stuff *cough* :rolleyes:

*cough* more US stuff *cough* :rolleyes:

With all the US units in the games since CWC, theres only the national guard and the peace corp left isnt there? :p

The DLC is well worth the money. The new units, scenarios & campaign are much better value for money than you would get from most (if not all) developers. Another thing of note: Where else would get dev's helping users in the forum! :cool:

However I would happily pay (hmm let's say) £4.99 for a BAF top up pack. With the aforementioned units (Fixed-wing, Support vehicles & Challenger 2, etc) & maybe a scenario or two (to show off new units). Ppppplease :D

Very happy with DLC. Looking foward to seeing what's next (all in good time of course! ;) ). So thanks BIS! ...... AGAIN!

:biggrin_o:

Because no one ever promised you that it will contain the whole British Army. And by checking the ArmA2 website before it should have been clear what the DLC contains and what not.

Well, neither did I want or ask for the "whole British Army". I only think that IMO the most important or "emblematic" units of the British Armed Forces to be present in the BAF DLC (afterall the DLC is called British Armed Forces, right?).

Some already agreed with me that the lack of a fixed wing aircraft is a major omission, specially considering that with a simple resking of the ArmA2 USMC Harrier, BIS would have solve this "major lack" within the BAF DLC.

I do think that a Challenger 2 should have been present in this DLC as well, and the reason are:

- If the Warrior is present in the DLC than why isn't the Challenger 2? In real life it's almost as "easy" to transport a Warrior as it is to transport a Challenger 2 - For example neither can be transported in a C-130 Hercules (both require bigger airplanes such as the C-17 to be transported by air).

Also the lack of an MBT for the British Forces limits IMO the use of these forces in missions such as Warfare. Also the lack of Ambulance, Repair, Refuel, Rearm vehicles also limits the use of the British forces in many mission types.

Resuming, like I said, I wasn't expecting the "whole British Army" but I think that the:

- A close air-support aircraft (such as the Harrier or other)

- Challenger 2

- Ambulance, Repair, Refuel, Rearm vehicles

Together with the already modeled units in BAF should be a must for this DLC and the lack of these units is IMO a major omission.