British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

The Securom licensing policy probably is not valid for BAF DLC through Sprocket as it is using Impulse...

But it should be even more relaxed, from what i know.

Can any BIS developer give some clues as to how the voice profile MALE01 > MALE05 is being picked up via the DLC voices? Would htere ever be a way to make it so voice profile could have MALE > 06 to MALE >10 so you could use DLC voice overriding default american in any unit?

EDIT: all the licensing and revoking license/install limits information is on the sprocket FAQ page :

http://www.sprocketidea.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=53&Itemid=41

Just finished the campaign. I definately think the quality of it was the best so far but I wish there was more of it because it was top notch. One thing I'm wondering though is why there is no new reloading animation for the sa80, they still reload it as if it is an m4 :/.

There's no special animation either for defusing ied or mines...

The Securom licensing policy probably is not valid for BAF DLC through Sprocket as it is using Impulse... But it should be even more relaxed, from what i know.
Ah ok, even better then.

Just finished the campaign. I definately think the quality of it was the best so far but I wish there was more of it because it was top notch.

Try the single missions then. For me, some of them are even better than campaign. ;) And there is more of them.

One thing I'm wondering though is why there is no new reloading animation for the sa80, they still reload it as if it is an m4 :/.

I'm sorry. Nothing is perfect. We tried to do the best.

i was just going to buy it off sprocket but paying another 30 for OA is madness when I already have it on steam. just need to wait out for the DLC. but already wait 28 hrs come on steam!!!!!!!!

i was just going to buy it off sprocket but paying another 30 for OA is madness when I already have it on steam. just need to wait out for the DLC. but already wait 28 hrs come on steam!!!!!!!!

Why would you need to do that? You can install sprocket BAF into your Steam game. But yes, if you have OA from Steam it is wise to wait for BAF from the same place...

Can any BIS developer give some clues as to how the voice profile MALE01 > MALE05 is being picked up via the DLC voices?

As I understand - don't hang me if i'm mistaken - the British protocol implemented relates to the default profile voices.

Voice 1-4 will, depending if you are playing as a British faction, exploit the British Protocol.

1. English/ Geordie (sometimes)

2. English/ Southern (sometimes Ross Kemp)

3. English/ Received Pronunciation (sometimes Cholmondley-Warner)

4. English/ commonwealth (sometimes.. sometimes)

As I understand, if you play as an american soldier, you cannot use the BAF protocol.

RIE.

Edited by RoyaltyinExile

Completed the campaign, along with the guys from 40a. Loved the final mission, setting area and the time and whole feeling, is spot on to my liking, great work lads !

Regards Jeza

Nice to see a big BIS presence and quick customer service on the forums today. Waiting patiently for BAF on Steam and looking forward to buying.

Just had a little look at the BAF showcase! :yay: GPMG :yay: & the other stuff is cool too. I can't wait to get stuck into the campaign & scenarios!

:confused: Just a quick question though:

I have A2:CO & A2:BAF shortcuts. They both give me access to everything but A2:BAF has the -mod=@BAF tag on (I don't use mods yet, so I don't know what this does :o ).

So can I delete the A2:CO shortcut or do I need them both?

Thanks for any replies & thanks BIS! :thumbsup:

It's clear there's overwhelming approval for this release BIS (hang in there Steam guys), your inclusion of 'BAF Lite' in the base game adds even more value for purchasers by ensuring BAF will receive widespread use and should drive sales nicely. Really well done, you've endowed the acronym D-L-C with positives for once and yet again set an example other developers should aspire to. I hope it's a financial success so we can see more of the same - assuming a way will be found at some stage - DO NOT SHARE THIS AROUND PEOPLE, purchases drive further releases.

Great job on this DLC BIS. I've only played two missions of the campaign and so far it's awesome. Keep up the good work.

This maybe is a noob question. Only been playing OA for a week. Mainly editor a few MP games.

I find it difficult to get scopes/ironsights on OA vehicles (e.g .50 cal on a humvee) as r-button tap usually just zooms cross hair. Really fiddly no sure why and how you lifers get around it.

But I can not scope at all on statics and vehicle guns in BAF (mission editor). Can you?

(loving new arty system (but needs a little more spread), just got community one working on my mission, doh!)

this maybe is a noob question. Only been playing oa for a week. Mainly editor a few mp games.

I find it difficult to get scopes/ironsights on oa vehicles (e.g .50 cal on a humvee) as r-button tap usually just zooms cross hair. Really fiddly no sure why and how you lifers get around it.

but i can not scope at all on statics and vehicle guns in baf (mission editor). Can you?

(loving new arty system (but needs a little more spread), just got community one working on my mission, doh!)

0 (numpad) ;)

But I can not scope at all on statics and vehicle guns in BAF (mission editor). Can you?

The Default binding is the 0 [numpad] key.

RiE

Thank you, RomeoSierra - quick on the draw ;)

What at you prospect of development with DLC? Unessentially one more contingent, maybe artillery or aviation pack in next time?

So can I delete the A2:CO shortcut or do I need them both?

Basically -mod=@BAF means CO+BAF addon. So you can safely delete CO icon.

would be fun to be able to play this DLC... but still nothing on steam

would be fun to be able to play this DLC... but still nothing on steam

I will buy a new shaver when this out. :p