British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

man, i must compliment BIS on a great release. especially the campaign so far and the 1st scenario. good infantry combat here. and AI seem improved (if a little hesitant to fire).

all in all - great work!

I've got BAf and it is proper good. I havent played through the whole campaign yet but its my favourate so far. But I am having one problem, I can't find the option to change you player profile voice to a british one. They aren't coming up in the options :/. Anyone know how to get them?

Voiceover is connected to your faction, i.e. you get a british one if you are playing BAF, american one for USMC and so on. There are four british voiceovers, fifth is just the same as Frost's.

// edit: Its not faction, but character identity, but that should be mainly the same.

Edited by pettka

OK bit the bullet I have just set up an account at Sprocket and paid for BAF just like I said I would ;)

Ok downloading now wooooot.

Looking forward to the campaign :)

EDIT

OK I have downloaded and installed VIA Sprocket is there a way I can see how many activations I have left and all so I can revoke cant I as I intend to reformat soon and don't want to loose an activation.

Edited by stk2008

Voiceover is connected to your faction, i.e. you get a british one if you are playing BAF, american one for USMC and so on. There are four british voiceovers, fifth is just the same as Frost's.

// edit: Its not faction, but character identity, but that should be mainly the same.

Yeah i had ago in the editor and noticed that now, but is there anyway to test out which 1 you want to have like you can with the american voices?

man, i must compliment BIS on a great release. especially the campaign so far and the 1st scenario. good infantry combat here. and AI seem improved (if a little hesitant to fire).

all in all - great work!

hmmmm tbh quality is lacking in the product, not in terms of textures (they are spot on) but the bugs in the AI need fixing asap as they are killing the game for me.

these are Bug in the AI with static defences, about 80% of the time they dont fight back and just stand there.

Theres a sound glitch with the BAF APCs cannon

and the AI is broken with the USMC wheeled APC. (they dont fight back)

to experence these bugs go into the editor and make sure the units are not grouped, you will then see these bugs.

i did not have these issues before BAF and the latest patch.

Great missions :D anyone getting any errors on startup? im getting an error about shaders on startup,but if i start baf using the shortcut it works fine....also ,dont think i had this problem before the patch,but the ai pathfinding on the 2nd mission seems to be off,the driver has problems going around buildings and try's going through them,anyone else getting that? great work tho

Hahahahahaha well looked at your name and though dang.

Not that its that exciting ya know but hey was waiting for stuff to install etc.

So what it it daniel dave? :)

So when exactly is the STEAM version releasing? Its what? 18:18 in central Europe at this time and what -- some 18 hours past the scheduled release time?

waahh wahh wahh. rabble rabble rabble.

-k

So when exactly is the STEAM version releasing? Its what? 18:18 in central Europe at this time and what -- some 18 hours past the scheduled release time?

-k

I asked that myself and never got a reply.:( We steam users deserve compensation or something for this mess.

where can i get the DLC for a dedicated server so in the server list its not showing as British Armed Forces LITE??

I'm assuming you'd login to sprocket from the dedi and d/load!

Or upload the whole thing to your dedi.

I'm assuming you'd login to sprocket from the dedi and d/load!

Or upload the whole thing to your dedi.

so basically I would have to buy this twice....once for the server so all members and guests can play in full not lite and also for my own installation??

thats a rip

The server doesn't need the DLC to be on it for those who've bought the DLC to play with the full version rather than Lite. So long as the server has the 1.54 patch applied, those with the DLC will get the full package, those without will get the Lite package.

so basically I would have to buy this twice....once for the server so all members and guests can play in full not lite and also for my own installation??

thats a rip

As Zippers says,but i'm pretty sure you dont have to buy it again-your just d/loading it again to a different place and it's running as a server!

-k

Mind you do not interpret this as wholly negative. There have been BIS employs posting on the forum ALL NIGHT LONG -- which does seem to indicate that they've been working hard to get things working.

I absolutely appreciate the effort that has gone into ARMA2, the BAF lite solution is extremely clever, and I'd be the first to suggest there are hurdles in the STEAM implementation that we -- as the community -- do not see.

Great job.

-k

edit: @ WBG Custard

No, the whole idea is that you do NOT purchase it for the server.

Patch 1.54 contains all the models and sound (albeit at reduced quality), but most importantly the CONFIGS that make BAF forces work. Your server ISN'T rendering any image -- therefore the enhanced textures and sound quality is an unnecessary expenditure.

-k

Edited by NkEnNy

BIS are you going to release a DVD version of this game, I dont want to keep downloading all the time.

It doesn't matter if it says BAF Lite is in use on your server, by the way. Those with the DLC will get DLC quality, those without will get the Lite quality, so long as 1.54 is on the server. That is, unless you play on playing Arma 2 using your server PC, which I highly doubt is the case here. :p

And Sig - it's Downloadable Content for a reason. ;)

You have to appreciate the position. Steam forums are getting no official responses on whats going on, I haven't even seen a post to say somethings wrong, just Dwarden rightfully bashing a few people who were being morons :D.

Now steam users are reluctant to buy any other copies incase it wont work with the steam version (seeing as allot of us had issues just getting CO to work properly), their annoyed that steam didn't put the patch out until the last minute yesterday (well actually it was around an hour after the DLC was supposed to be released), AND that once again were having to wait for something because clearly the way steam was going to release it wasn't tested enough or properly :rolleyes:.

I'm not angry with BI Studios (I've owned every game since flashpoint), and im not angry with Steam (Just dissapointed yet again).

All were asking for is for an official:

"Hey guys, sorry but "insert reason here" is preventing us from issues the BAF DLC, we hope to have it out roughly "Insert timeframe here".

Is that a little too much to ask :j:?

Has anyone with BAF had a look at the new player faces you can select under in edit profile?

In particular William W....

well its still not out on steam... i have being a very longtime customer for them it looks like im going to have to get it eles where.

well its still not out on steam... i have being a very longtime customer for them it looks like im going to have to get it eles where.

Well unless you have OA on a disc you kinda have to get in on steam.

hmm so we have 2 dedi servers

1 main server open to members and public

1 Private member only server

both show British Armed Forces LITE in the server list.

like this

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/systemshock/ArmA2OA_2010_08_27_17_49_23_931-1.jpg 351 kb

So now i confused big style....will I have to installed the DLC on to the servers as well as each members rig will have to have it installed

Edited by W0lle

will I have to installed the DLC on to the servers as well as each members rig will have to have it installed

No, just having the server patched is good enough. :)

Edit:- but your members will need the BAF dlc if they want to see the nice hi-res stuff.

Edited by ck-claw