British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

So, for anyone who was looking for a way to kick the Steam guys in the testicles over the internet, this is your chance. ;)

I screwed up my sleep pattern because of it. I went to sleep at 1am (normally it's around 11pm for me) because I was waiting for DLC to pop up, now I am up at 8am just to find out it's not there (I am usually up at 7am)

I am going to sue Steam for mental damages caused by lack of sleep :D

ps. Seriously, I hope it's up today. I've got day off and it's bank holiday weekend in Britain.

The accents are mostly authentic UK, apart from the anally retentive officer bloke who sounds like he's come straight from a 1940s Imperial newsreel :icon_ohmygod:

Mr Chumley-Warner at his finest.

I'm convinced the geordie guy is Alan shearer.

Hey fellas, I'm getting a Runtime Error halfway through the installer.

Basically saying the application has requested the runtime to stop in an unusual mannor and then it crashes.

Anyone else have this problem?

I've already redownloaded to make sure it wasn't corruption.

Rebooted.

Admin rights.

Edit: It was Bitdefender being a dick. Installed straight up after it was disabled.

Edited by Zomba

I've bought the thing from Sprocket, so I guess I can DL it as many times i want?

I've bought the thing from Sprocket, so I guess I can DL it as many times i want?

You can, but it has a serial code like a CD key that you must use to activate your download when you first install it so it is unique to your account.

I'm convinced the geordie guy is Alan shearer.
Either that or he's one of the Hairy Bikers.

Nope, definately Peter Beardsley, he got paid for it you know! New teeth I hear...

Ah awsome, seems my game was automagically updated, now I just need the DLC to make my weekend complete.

Do you know you can be a spotter for Arty now? Without using any module.

Just put the arty in your group where you are the leader. In game select those arty, point it to a ground somewhere, and you should see "Fire at this Position" something like that at the quick command list on the left screen. Then they will fire at that position, 3rounds I think, then it's rounds complete. Very nice.

Unfortunately it doesnt work with AI, I tried the same with AI spectating as civilian... would be awesome if the AI can direct arty fire... Your mission, kill that spotter.

Steam version still not available :(

Going by other Steam releases, I don't think it will be available until sometime after 18.00 (CET)

Going by other Steam releases, I don't think it will be available until sometime after 18.00 (CET)

18:00 CET the next day? ;):p

18:00 CET the next day? ;):p

18:00 CET today. It's the time when Valve starts working. ;)

18:00 CET today. It's the time when Valve starts working. ;)

Washington state is nine hours behind us, so that makes sense. Still sucks for all the Steam users.

Washington state is nine hours behind us, so that makes sense. Still sucks for all the Steam users.

Good things come to those who wait ja.gif

at least we can play with the new stuff in the Armoury lol. for people who dont know when you DL 1.54 you get the BAF Stuff in the armoury but with low restexturs. cant wait for steam to just release it... full day now lol.

I've got BAf and it is proper good. I havent played through the whole campaign yet but its my favourate so far. But I am having one problem, I can't find the option to change you player profile voice to a british one. They aren't coming up in the options :/. Anyone know how to get them?

Anyone else having problems getting on the sprocket website?:(

Not really.

at least we can play with the new stuff in the Armoury lol. for people who dont know when you DL 1.54 you get the BAF Stuff in the armoury but with low restexturs. cant wait for steam to just release it... full day now lol.

Hey Baz, in-case you didn't know you can use the editor for that. Most people prefer it and use it to test new units etc. You can make vitrually any scenario :yay:

It just sounded like you're still learning about the game from your post so i thought I might chip-in :o

Anyone else having problems getting on the sprocket website?:(
Like what?

Like what?

just wont load the main page ,just get a white blank page.must be a problem my end.dl now from gamersgate 82% done :yay::)