British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

""There was a problem activation Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead DLC writing of license file failed" "

anyone know why this happens?

Thanks I wrote sprocket, guess thats all I can do, I retyped and retyped and copy pasted exactly my activation code from the email they sent me and still no go.

It could also be something like not running the installer as administrator if your running vista or 7

Voices are really excellent. It really gives a different feeling from playing as the Americans. Much less 'It's gonna be a piece of cake!' and much more of a human element.

I love it too... It's really refreshing to have some fun and other accents... (and I'm not British...). It may sound a bit too "casual talk" to some, but it's a nice departure from the GI-JOEs we've had in vanilla OA (Team Razor was nice though...).

The campaign is quite nice at the moment, and i'm in love with the arty computer and the merlin. Too bad the Challenger is missing...

I'm English.. I'm also a paratrooper, and I can assure you, none of my blokes, or any of my officers speak like that..:D

Yer I know there a little off at times but there a lot better than the American ones, that never quite sounded right either, that are already in game and you have to love the Newcastle accent!

Also must say that the campaign is my favourite Arma one yet, so far just the right balance of RP, story and military operations combined with some excellent mission design.

This DLC has turned out much better than I hoped.

Yeah, I must admit, Im having more fun with the BAF campaign than Ive had for a long time. Bloody briliant job!

As for some of the accents. We expected it really. One guys accent reminds me of the Manchester accent that actor playing Charlie Paces' dad in Lost tried to do. But overall, damn, excellent. Costna faowt yer BI. BAF are 'avin' it laaarge in Takistan. :yay:

I love the new units and vehicles, but the sounds are horrid! Nothing a sound mod can't fix though, so I'm eagerly waiting for one. :)

I'm expecting to have a lot of fun with this though!

Any news on the steam version of BAF? It seems to me like we won't be able to get this until tomorrow.:(

Yeah I keep refreshing the store page. At least we have 1.54 :)

With no further word from BIS, we're probably not seeing this DLC until tomorrow if we're lucky. Aren't these things supposed to be worked out before a release?

With no further word from BIS, we're probably not seeing this DLC until tomorrow if we're lucky. Aren't these things supposed to be worked out before a release?

It's 5am for him and Dwarden seems to still be working on it. :)

Hmm... where's the dead dog IED from the BAF Launch video? And why is the "Backpack" IED invisible in world?

Edited by kylania

I also had plans on bying it through Steam. But when I realised they hadn't released it yet, I registered an account at Sprocket and got it right away. Why don't you guys do the same?

because if you have OA through steam then sprocket version isn't compatible ;)

Couple of easter eggs:

You are told to report to "Chief Fobbit". And one of the locals you have to meet is "Massood Rabbani"

It's better than going on patrol with PFC Geardo.

My guess is that the DLC will be available as soon as the people running Steam wake up over in Seattle, Washington. Patience, I guess. There's always the 64x64 textures :p

My guess is that the DLC will be available as soon as the people running Steam wake up over in Seattle, Washington. Patience, I guess. There's always the 64x64 textures :p

The office is a few minutes from my house. Perhaps I'll pay them a visit :smiley-evil:

Both my brother and I have the DVD OA and got the DLC from Sprocket after putting on the patch first and we both have had no problems after playing 3 hours straight. I run an older XP system and he has a brand new Win 7 rig so we are very happy with how things went after a bit of trepidation after reading some of the problems others have been having.

The office is a few minutes from my house. Perhaps I'll pay them a visit :smiley-evil:

So, for anyone who was looking for a way to kick the Steam guys in the testicles over the internet, this is your chance. ;)

Haha.. you must be joking. I'm cringing listening to it!

I'm English.. I'm also a paratrooper, and I can assure you, none of my blokes, or any of my officers speak like that..:D

The accents are mostly authentic UK, apart from the anally retentive officer bloke who sounds like he's come straight from a 1940s Imperial newsreel :icon_ohmygod:

Mr Chumley-Warner at his finest.

LS37SNYjg8w

Edited by Mandrake5

Lol, i can already see the news

"A Steam official confirmed the arrest of an agressive man waving a british flag in front of the Valve building, screaming something about 'british armed forces desperately needed'. The police is currently investigating the incident and returned the flag to the british embassy which had it reported as stolen earlier this morning."

Mr Chumley-Warner at his finest.

What about Mr. Greyson, is he in the game as well?

where's the dead dog IED from the BAF Launch video? And why is the "Backpack" IED invisible in world?

You have a dog model, and you have an IED model. You also have a wide array of weapons at your disposal. :)

With these, a slightly twisted imagination, and just a soupcon of patience.. I feel it's best to let you connect the dots, rather than risk the "if you point at things and.." ;)

I'll endevour to prod the Gods of Configs regarding your second point.

RiE