British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

Would you rather they put in yellow stick figures, and soap box cars as place holders?

The current solution is funny enough in it's genius, but now that you've mentioned that, I think I'd have been crying from laughter. :D

I still don't see what you are on about? Without the DLC all you are seeing for the UK units is basically cell shaded GI Joe toys at the lowest possible texture detail. Unlike you there was a rather largely voiced opinion across the community about possible splits with the inclusion of DLC. I wasn't one of them, but as for solutions to shut them up I think this is probably one of the better solutions that BIS implemented. Would you rather they put in yellow stick figures, and soap box cars as place holders?

Oh look! Another Rfactor playericon7.gif

He's not 'on about' anything; he's talking incoherent gibberish, that's why we're MOVING ON everyone!

Gibberish? That's not gibberish, THIS is gibberish:

Oh look! Another Rfactor playericon7.gif

Never played, it, is if fun?

:yay: 1280+ Kb/s, soon its all mine!

How do you do that, spill the beans for me.

1280kbps vs. 28kbps. I hate my internet... :butbut:

But hey, 56% done and an hour and a half to go!

I have a good internet, downloading to norway and choose the EU mirror. Just lucky with the line I guess..

But now I get a "Wrong CD KEY" when I try to setup the DLC.... :( I activated the DLC no prob but when I use my cd-key at 'insert access code (cd-key)' its not working. I bought my DVD from IDEA.

I have a good internet, downloading to norway and choose the EU mirror. Just lucky with the line I guess..

But now I get a "Wrong CD KEY" when I try to setup the DLC.... :( I activated the DLC no prob but when I use my cd-key at 'insert access code (cd-key)' its not working. I bought my DVD from IDEA.

Type again the BAF DLC key not your dvd cd-key.

Edited by TonyGrunt

Typed again the BAF key not your dvd cd-key.

Thank you! They should have written 'activation key' not 'cd-key' imho..

I still say "ugh"@ Sprocket.

I bought original ArmA from them in 06', yet they do not have me as "registered" any longer.

Trying to re-register is failing also.

Been trying to get the pre-order before the price goes up!:rolleyes:

EDIT.

Finally got the registration from them, all is good.

Edited by SWAT_BigBear

You need to type the serial key that that was in your confirmation email when you bought the DLC. Do not use your original DVD serial key.

1280kbps vs. 28kbps. I hate my internet... :butbut:

But hey, 56% done and an hour and a half to go!

Ah! thanks, had me worried for a minute.

55% 1hr 40m and 5s to go still getting a steady 27/28mb/s. At least its steady. Gonna go and buy myself a small bottle of :drinking:

can i get it from steam also if i have the 2 vers. not from steam ??

i used gamers gate. very easy, had 555 kb/s and had it in about 10-15 minutes maximum! eays install! pop the key and good to go. love it, campaign and single missions that i have done r cool, enjoy lads

OK I give in.

I downloaded BAF from Sprocket, and it downloaded it somewhere but I don't know where. Anyone know where Sprocket secretly hides your purchases? Windows XP.

Edit: Never mind, found it.

OK I give in.

I downloaded BAF from Sprocket, and it downloaded it somewhere but I don't know where. Anyone know where Sprocket secretly hides your purchases? Windows XP.

my docs/sprocket (had same prob) :)

have I missed something, or is this engineer difusing exactly what already existed? Previously, engineers could "disarm" mines, etc. Now, engineers can disarm mines etc. What was added/changed? (Just adding satchels and the like? Never tried disarming them before)

You need to type the serial key that that was in your confirmation email when you bought the DLC. Do not use your original DVD serial key.

hi I am have having the same problem.Put the code in I got in my email and its says Writing of license file failed.could somebody help

johnrock2

When I start BAF.exe,I get, Addon CAAir_BAF requires 1.54 of application ???

You must patch (download the latest one= 1.54) your game.

----

I really like the DLC.

Well done BIS

Yes I think the sprocket exe need a few fixes ..

1. Dont auto download on start, ASK for which server to download from first.

2. Then ASK for the preferred download location, and show its default location if you select default.

3. Change the second serial entry to "retype your activation key" otherwise it looks like you need a second set of numbers (And like a fool I went off searching and started head scratching).

4. A pause and notification of the autorun and activation procedure just before its about to happen.

I fell foul to all 3 as I went through the process, will feed this back via email to the site anyway.

Edited by mrcash2009

Yes I think the sprocket exe need a few fixes ..

1. Dont auto download on start, ASK for which server to download from first.

2. Then ASK for the prefered downbload location, and show its default location if you select default.

3. Change the second serial entry to "retype you activation key" otherwise it looks like you need a second set of numbers (And like a fool I went off searching and started head scratching).

I fell foul to all 3 as I went through the process.

agreed - me 2

3. Change the second serial entry to "retype your activation key" otherwise it looks like you need a second set of numbers (And like a fool I went off searching and started head scratching).

Did exactly the same. So two fools at least. :o

Well in all fairness I cant say its foolish (well .. a bit :) ), it is literally asking for something different than activation, I have had a few games where you have "activation" & then "CD key" as separate things, so no surprise to get it confused.

I emailed the sprocket site, its the first time I have used it and it did "feel" a little slack they didn't have those things sorted in the procedure, minor but still easy to confuse. Its like the exe just goes off on its own little mission with no real options or much prompts, and your just left thinking .. ummm, oh well, carry on then .... LOL.

Edited by mrcash2009

can i get it from steam also if i have the 2 vers. not from steam ??

Getting problems here. I first installed BAF, then when it asked for 1.54 I tried to install that, but it doesn't work. I get an error:

errori.jpg

If I click on Ignore ('Negeren'), it just reports the same error for other .pbo's.

If I click on 'Interrupt' ('Afbreken') it shows the text:

Some error occurred during patch installation.

Patch file is probably dammaged. You may need to download it again.

Error in file EXPANSION\ADDONS\missions_e.pbo, phase 1.

Anyone? :(

EDIT: I preordered it from Sprocket.

Also, for some reason it says 'patching from 1.52 to 1.54', while my A2:CO is in fact 1.53.

Edited by Buzz_Fledderjohn

)rStrangelove;1730117']I guess so. When you login with username & pw you get a DL link and thats it.

Nice one mate, thanks for clearing that up, cheers! :cool: