British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

There's no price or details yet on my steam account about this release but i can add ito my wish list !!

"Arma 2: British Armed Forces will be deployed exclusively for PC on 26th August 2010. It will be available for GBP 7.99/EUR 8.99/USD 9.99."

Well, this disappointing. I went to Sproket to preorder BAF and they do not accept American Express, only Visa and Master Card. :(

Well, this disappointing. I went to Sproket to preorder BAF and they do not accept American Express, only Visa and Master Card. :(

I thought only old people and corporations used American Express? Maybe you could try your Diner's Club Carte Blanche card instead? :)

I thought only old people and corporations used American Express? Maybe you could try your Diner's Club Carte Blanche card instead? :)

Don't you dare talk bad about my credit score! :D

)rStrangelove;1729442']I dunno where to buy this. I have the german DVD version of ArmA2 and seperate DVD of OA. If i buy the DLC via Steam' date=' would this 'tie' my ArmA2 installation to Steam somehow so it has to run in the background when i'm using the BAF ingame?[/quote']

Once again, you CANNOT use the steam DLC with a DVD version of the game.

Once again, you CANNOT use the steam DLC with a DVD version of the game.

Has that been confirmed by BIS somewhere? Because I can happily use Steam A2 and DVD OA to run CO without any problems (other than stupidly long shortcut paths).

Has that been confirmed by BIS somewhere? Because I can happily use Steam A2 and DVD OA to run CO without any problems (other than stupidly long shortcut paths).

Have a look at the Steam page for it.

"...requires Operation Arrowhead or Arma 2 combined operations ON STEAM to run"

Probably a stupid question - but Sprocket is the place to pre-order if you want the DLC for retail version right?

I ask simply because I have never purchased from Sprocket before - just want to check before my payment details get sent there ;)

Probably a stupid question - but Sprocket is the place to pre-order if you want the DLC for retail version right?

I ask simply because I have never purchased from Sprocket before - just want to check before my payment details get sent there ;)

Yeah. :)

Yup ;)

EDIT: Arg beaten to the post!

Pre-purchased. Thankyou BIS for showing us that DLC can be done right :) Can't wait to install this!

Man I wish/hope the Steam version will be compatible with the DVD version of ARMA2 and OA.

I don't like the idea of Sprocket and the limited installs etc.

I know you can revoke them and ya get load more after 6 month's but I just don't like it hahahaha.

Any ways let us now for 100% if it will not work or if in the future it could.

Thanks

I'm 99% sure that, due to the way Steam has always handled DLC for games, you will need to own OA or Combined Ops on Steam, not a DVD copy. For that you must use Sprocket.

You must change your hardware a lot to not like Sprocket's policy.

I'm 99% sure that, due to the way Steam has always handled DLC for games, you will need to own OA or Combined Ops on Steam, not a DVD copy. For that you must use Sprocket.

You must change your hardware a lot to not like Sprocket's policy.

No I don't I just don't like being told how many times I can install a game dont know its just me.

Well I may try to sell my DVD versions of ARMA2 and OA then get them both on steam and then get BAF on steam.

If BIS release as many DLC packs as I think they may then Steam is the way forward for me tbh as I can install it as many times as I like.

Bascule42

I cant wait for it to be releases all so so I can see watch youtube and see all the new features like the engineer updates etc and the new map.

No I don't I just don't like being told how many times I can install a game dont know its just me.

If BIS release as many DLC packs as I think they may then Steam is the way forward for me tbh as I can install it as many times as I like.

A theoretical limit on number of installs I'll never really reach versus not being able to play my games at all if my internet or Steam or anything at all between us goes down and I don't have time to enter Offline Mode seems to be a no brainer.. Sprocket > Steam any day. :)

That is a fair point I suppose.

Oh well :( just love my DVD`s that's all.

Heh yeah, I ended up uninstalling my Steam version and just reinstalling my CO DVD versions as well, both since I knew BAF was coming out and my shortcut URL was sooooo long due to Steam and my OA install's paths. :)

Ok i must all so say sorry to the mods here as I got off track of this thread this is for discussing BIF not the DLC side of it sorry.

Any ways yes 6hrs to go and I can start to watch youtube vids :) till I can get my copy.

I am realy looking forward to the engineer features and the new map.

Is there a video showing in detail IED`s being disarmed etc or will I have to wait till tonight ;)

all,

looks like tomorrow afternoon for me then on sprocket.

Your download link is NOT YET ACTIVE.

Your download will be activated on 26th August at 15:00 CEST (Prague/Czech Republic time).

all,

looks like tomorrow afternoon for me then on sprocket.

Your download link is NOT YET ACTIVE.

Your download will be activated on 26th August at 15:00 CEST (Prague/Czech Republic time).

me too was realy looking forward to tonight