British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

Matt, as far as I can tell and to the limit of my understanding of these things, I think the point being made is that much of the material is now publicly available and as of such no longer constitutes as confidential.

I believe Pathy was merely trying to clarify what parts of the material can be considered to be public and thus no longer covered by whatever he has signed (that is - what he can talk about without breaking anything he has signed).

Funny discussion some of you have here.

For details:

I was sent a preview version, since my GPU is fried I cant play and I was allowed to pass the preview version on to someone else from the Armaholic staff and Dead3yez happily previewed it for us and you.

I contacted the spokesperson from IDEA to know what restrictions we had regarding the preview version and our preview obeys those restrictions perfectly. I have also sent him the links to check and he has replied the preview as released is perfect!!

Given the preview, I take it we're now free to talk about all the stuff I'd assumed was under NDA, as well as post images and videos?

Common sense would say that you should ask this of whomever arranged for you to sign an NDA / test the DLC or whatever? Certainly not asking the question in the forums.

Zipper, don't be a fuckwit

Completely unnecessary comment.

There is, without doubt, a talented genius out there who can translate this review to English better than Google.

Failing that, I can only assume this is a good thing:

"Just guys from Bohemia Interactive deserve a little scratch for the handle, I have not come as a lonely limb"

RiE.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=cs&ie=UTF-8&sl=cs&tl=en&u=http://pc.hrej.cz/recenze/arma-ii-operation-arrowhead-british-armed-forces-3241/&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.cz&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhjWd3923sbtvK-IXB5H27mm5saKkA

I looked at that review and I was a little concerned by the phrase

"Brings a few new weapons and vehicles, which will delight any military fetishist,"

Common sense would say that you should ask this of whomever arranged for you to sign an NDA / test the DLC or whatever? Certainly not asking the question in the forums.

Completely unnecessary comment.

As was the post Zipper made that drew that response.

Truth be told I wouldn't post my question here again; not because it's the wrong place to do it (it's not, it's as legit as any other place), but because I'd prefer not to be met with The Charge of the Utter-Fucking-Idiot Brigade in response to a moderately complex question. I'm not a 'professional beta tester' (it's not my job), so I never cared if posting on a forum is 'unprofessional' - it's a fast way to get a reply, not a particularly sensitive topic, and I believe I'm well within bounds to do that. Particularly as this is the place where discussion is going down - seems perfectly reasonable to ask here how far that discussion can go. Would you prefer I didn't ask for clarification at all, and just acted on my assumptions? It's a pretty human reaction to end up frustrated when you're posting a question asking for clarification, and you end up being lectured by people about breaking NDAs. People who blatantly haven't understood your question and are just knee-jerk replying.

Unfortunately, when I posted, I didn't count on people seeing the word "NDA" and pouring in, screaming "LOLOLOLOL OMG NDA!!!111" despite having zero reading comprehension of what was actually asked. Flufball seems to have it, the rest of the respondents....not so much. Not to worry, next time, that common sense you mention will prevail; by that I mean that posting a complex question on a forum packed with idiots is probably not a good idea. Lesson learnt.

Edited by Pathy

but because I'd prefer not to be met with The Charge of the Utter-Fucking-Idiot Brigade in response to a moderately complex question.

Now that made me laugh. Thank you. :)

In reply to the rest of your post, you're right of course, but this is the internet which is retard Central during the afternoon rush hour on St Retards Day. It is rather par for the course, mate.

It's a pretty human reaction to end up frustrated when you're posting a question asking for clarification, and you end up being lectured by people about breaking NDAs.
But maybe the frustration lies with asking in the wrong place (as placebo pointed out), and ending up with the "brigade" on your case who wont know much apart from the body that deal with NDA specifically, sort of inevitable frustration really :) I see your point but "real" clarification probably wont come deep in this particular thread about that particular subject, all you have here is everyone and anyone talking about the DLC.

Have you asked the person/people who deal with the NDA directly? If you are bound by it, you must be aware of the source who you signed with right?

If I signed a gag order (so to speak) about something, the last place I would ask is in a fans forum on the details of the contract, as they wont know sqaut if they are not involved, and to get angry at them for it is, well ... setting yourself up for frustration :)

Not to worry, next time, that common sense you mention will prevail; by that I mean that posting a complex question on a forum packed with idiots is probably not a good idea.
Correction, posting something clearly in the wrong place and people who dont know too much about it make a comment becuase they can, there is also irony in this somewhere, tiz all a little high-brow dont you think. :) Edited by mrcash2009

Wow, who knew one simple sentence could cause such a commotion. :rolleyes:

It's funny, a guy asking for a specific informed answer to a question on the subject of a NDA decided to post it publicly on an open forum to try and prove a point and then gets pissed off when people uneducated to the practice, like myself, post a response saying their opinion. Not only that, but I'm auto-declared a "fuckwit" and an idiot, and that my involvement was completely unnecessary.

Next time Pathy, don't post something obviously meant to be discussed in private on an open forum. But I'm sure you've been able to figure that out already.

With all due respect to the various posters (edit: myself included), this thread req's some serious clean-up by a kind and wise moderator.

An epic sage of the forums: a hero above mere mortal men; an arbitrator of distinct virtue (and only occasional vice).

RiE.

Edited by RoyaltyinExile
edit: i also needed to 'respect' myself.

With all due respect to the various posters, this thread req's some serious clean-up by a kind and wise moderator.

An epic sage of the forums: a hero above mere mortal men; an arbitrator of distinct virtue (and only occasional vice).

RiE.

brown-nose ;)

With all due respect to the various posters, this thread req's some serious clean-up by a kind and wise moderator.
You did help. :) (I jest). Edited by mrcash2009

*sigh*....

Gonna have to completely redo my units to keep up with the quality... :)

Really looking forward to the 26th though!

*sigh*....

Gonna have to completely redo my units to keep up with the quality... :)

Really looking forward to the 26th though!

Actually, I do think yours are pretty competitive. Both are very good.

Wow, who knew one simple sentence could cause such a commotion. :rolleyes:

It's funny, a guy asking for a specific informed answer to a question on the subject of a NDA decided to post it publicly on an open forum to try and prove a point and then gets pissed off when people uneducated to the practice, like myself, post a response saying their opinion. Not only that, but I'm auto-declared a "fuckwit" and an idiot, and that my involvement was completely unnecessary.

Next time Pathy, don't post something obviously meant to be discussed in private on an open forum. But I'm sure you've been able to figure that out already.

I think we assumed what you have just said with the past 3 or so responses, so was there any more need for you to post that other than flame baiting even more?

This thread needs to go back on topic. The towering egos of the internet will clash and destroy all we hold dear. On a more pleasant note, I dont care if the campaign is 2 hours long. The content of the DLC and the fact that BI campaigns are of high quality makes this a winner in my eyes. And on the topic of posting restricted imagery and information. Lads... you can wait 4 days. Surely.

I think we assumed what you have just said with the past 3 or so responses, so was there any more need for you to post that other than flame baiting even more?

Oh the irony :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Oh the irony :rolleyes:

d'oh ;)

Edit: Infact, forget it, it's not even worth risking further discussion/misinterpretation over.

On a more pleasant note, I dont care if the campaign is 2 hours long.

Well, we've always known BI games aren't really about the campaigns! ;) The campaigns aren't what keeps us playing for years after release!

Edited by Pathy

LOL - i gotta laugh!

"But we can d/load UK stuff for free now!"

And who released the tools for free,for this great mod community to make them??

Exactly, thank you.

Paying for addons in ArmA? Hahahaha - You are crazy BIS. Plenty of British units available and loads more being released soon, in higher quality and with better sounds.

How are they crazy? As someone said earlier, do you know HOW MUCH effort it is, to have to download the free 18-20 addons required to get into british forces server, oh, providing there is one ofcourse! ;)

I'd rather spend my £8, I'm sure it will be well worth it.

... As someone said earlier, do you know HOW MUCH effort it is, to have to download the free 18-20 addons required to get into british forces server, oh, providing there is one ofcourse! ;)

I'd rather spend my £8, I'm sure it will be well worth it.

Please tell me you are being sarcastic?

Why would he be sarcastic? He has a point, I don't know of any servers that run British unit mods and even if there are any the current British addons are so spread out over multiple different downloads, there isn't just one complete pack. With the DLC there will most definitely be places people can easily go to play with it's British content.

Please tell me you are being sarcastic?
Why would he be sarcastic? He has a point, I don't know of any servers that run British unit mods and even if there are any the current British addons are so spread out over multiple different downloads, there isn't just one complete pack. With the DLC there will most definitely be places people can easily go to play with it's British content.

What Zipper5 said :p

exactly, British addons without the ego or the bugs that take months to be addressed and all in a nice easy to find package, sounds like a winner in my book :cool:

Dear god you lot are lazy.:rolleyes:

It takes virtually no effort to download and extract them into a folder. Thats just a lod of bollocks in my opinion. You want everything served to you on a silver platter dont you.

---------- Post added at 22:58 ---------- Previous post was at 22:57 ----------

exactly, British addons without the ego or the bugs that take months to be addressed and all in a nice easy to find package, sounds like a winner in my book :cool:

Come on dont hold back let us know exactly what you think.