British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

About bloody time we brits got some units in this game - its been 2 years since playing UKF mod and I'm itching(*might be crabs - best get it checked out).

Add some new stuff for the talibani as well please BI.

Check out my blog on BAF DLC here - http://operationarrowhead.blogspot.com/

Edited by skiddy

i dont think that was the automated AI speech. it sounded like prerecorded audio

i dont think that was the automated AI speech. it sounded like prerecorded audio

Which is exactly what the automated AI speech is. :) I'm quite certain that all that "roger, moving, ok" type speech in the video was a demonstration of the new voice packs and not entirely random prerecorded soundbites just for the video. Damu would know for sure though. :)

I think it's more-than-likely recorded for a specific need the mission(s) has/have, not part of the default radio protocol.

It sounded like one single sound clip to me, not something that the AI actually say.

Did you watch the video? There's lots of examples of the in game speech in there.

Yep, watched the video a number of times and listened carefully, hence my question. Its the noirmal AI responses I am wondering about, not the pre-recorded stuff since all the clips in the video sound made for the mini campaign to me. Unless the responses are new and varied, which would be neat.

Either way I am ruddy annoyed I am away next week.

Join the bring back ruddy campaign !

Sweet hi-res DVD box cover. :eek:

Reading now, thanks Dead3yez! :D

:now:

Click me

nice preview - thanks.

Wow it's great to finally have UK accents, but I see what you mean that a couple dont sound quite right. No biggy though.

I was just hoping you'd TK the bloody bagpiper!

hey, L85s with ACOGs... am i missing something? I thought there was a lot of fuss about them going to have SUSAT...

Epic :bounce3:

hey, L85s with ACOGs... am i missing something? I thought there was a lot of fuss about them going to have SUSAT...

Maybe they changed their minds :/ or even better, we'll get to see both!

oh i know its in use right now, i meant there was a lot of fuss very early on in this thread that there would be EOTech and SUSAT sights on the rifles.. but no ACOGs... seems someone listened and we get ACOGs too now :)

edit: or am i mistaken and ACOGs were always gonna be in also?

Edited by TimRiceSE

so the campaign is still very short......that is a bit of a disappointment there:(

Well I will feel quite at home with the brit voices and calls they dont sound as bad I as might of imagined.

Just one question though, are the voice sets just added to the voice profiles list combined with OA? Or is it that once the brit expansion is loaded the only voice profile sets you have are the British ones?

How does that work?

so the campaign is still very short......that is a bit of a disappointment ther

Personally I never expected anything more than a 2 hour campaign, plus scenarios and MP its not that disappointing.

Edited by mrcash2009

well I don’t know, the land rover has a bulbar and the thing in the centre of the grill, a WARN winch with a bumper with no towing point and 4 spotlights, a steering guard, Goodyear G90 sidewalls with hybrid BFG-MT/XZL 235/85r16 on wolf wheels, no wing top vents as per 90/110/130 along with late modal indicators on the side of the wings (not on early ones) and RH wing side vent (wrong for age) it also has the wrong headlights/side lights and indicators for its age, it has tyre pressure shown in white above the wheels, its missing side lockers (though not always fitted), it has vinyl side windows in the soft top, the spot welds on the side panel for the bulkhead should be ~2ft (~60cm) further forward (its not a crew cab or station wagon with 4 doors), the rope hooks for the soft top on the side panel are to close together and should be the full length of the side panels, the snorkel is missing (>50% of early ones had them), and given its age it has the wrong type of logo format on the front panel above the grill, also it has windscreen wipers set up for a LHD on a RHD bulkhead :rolleyes:

what would be the chances of having a RHD early N/A 2.5L 110 (pre defender) in front line service in 2012 with all the above faults! (about 0%) :lecture:

come on BIS the 90/110/130 have been I production for long enough both in the civilian and military/ex military markets for simpleton mistakes like the above NOT to happen even if you wished to dodge licensing problems.

arma2-baf-110.jpg

Edited by b101_uk

There is, without doubt, a talented genius out there who can translate this review to English better than Google.

Failing that, I can only assume this is a good thing:

"Just guys from Bohemia Interactive deserve a little scratch for the handle, I have not come as a lonely limb"

RiE.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=cs&ie=UTF-8&sl=cs&tl=en&u=http://pc.hrej.cz/recenze/arma-ii-operation-arrowhead-british-armed-forces-3241/&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.cz&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhjWd3923sbtvK-IXB5H27mm5saKkA

In-game the Land Rover is actually called a OFFENDER, not the DEFENDER. Maybe it's just like this because of legal issues.

Perhaps a dev can explain.

even if you wished to dodge licensing problems.
In-game the Land Rover is actually called a OFFENDER, not the DEFENDER. Maybe it's just like this because of legal issues.

Perhaps a dev can explain.

yes I know its called an "OFFENDER" but if you read the description for it says "Land Rover" and also says 1948 which was the year for Land Rovers production commencement with the series 1 ;)

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/toddysspace/arma2oa_offroad_land_rover.jpg > 100 kb

Edited by W0lle

Bit of a shame that the new Sharpshooter Rifle will not be included. A very handy weapon, especially seeing as the SA80 is limited in range.

Looking forward to the Insurgency based campaign, hope they get it right! I can't quite see how they are planning on creating that type of warfare seeing as the RV engine is based around conventional war.

Hopefully, I'll be pleasantly surprised!