1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

[iG]http://www.army.mod.uk/images/central-panel/equip_scimitar_410px.jpg[/img]

...........to (not)name a few.

Looking forward to the DLC, good job BI

There's a model of this still sat on my HDD - unfortunately I never learned how to unwrap for Arma/Arma2/OA series, I reckon it would be pretty straightforward to get this textured up post unwrap (the model itself is fully engine capable and works in A2/OA). Maybe me or one of the other PUKF guys will get time to do the unwrap at some point - work got in the way for me learning, other models for the rest of the now (small) team.

Oh And FWIW I'll be buying the DLC, BIS look to have made a really good core set of addons here - accuracy issues aside, the units look mint.

Edited by Placebo

Do people still say 'ruddy'. ?

Only Rick Mayall ruddy does ... EDDIE!

oT1cUTJE1Ac

Im british and ive lived in England and my life and never once heard Ruddy, WTF!, i guess its like g'day and Australians. The whole world use it as a typical australian phrase, when in fact its never used! lol

Im british and ive lived in England and my life and never once heard Ruddy, WTF!, i guess its like g'day and Australians. The whole world use it as a typical australian phrase, when in fact its never used! lol

I'm not to sure about that, I'm Aussie and I hear g'day all the time. Depends where you live.

Edited by aeggwards1
Spelling

Oh i was just told by some relitives, ah well i guess im gona have to ring them some time and just scream down the line . . . . lol

Only person I've ever known to say 'ruddy' on a regular basis was my granddad.

Which was odd considering he was quite happy to turn the air blue and use every swear word other than 'bloody' without hedging them. The Army certainly had an effect on his idiolect; not just his proficiency for foul language.

I played the BAF campaign.

I'm still trying to work out if the BAF campaign name is taking the piss out of Codemasters' upcoming effort or not.

Crimson Lance i'm convinced is a slang phrase for Penis. Similar to 'Beef Bayonet', 'Purple Truncheon' or 'Pork Sword'.

An unfortunate choice of name.

On the topic of the voice acting, most of it's very good, but there are some instances, "Ruddy", where it feels like whoever wrote the script had just spent an entire day watching old Monty Python episodes back to back.

That was my thought too; it certainly conjures up the same sort of imagery as 'Red River', and not just in terms of colour.

Wow - a lot of coverage sparked about one word to be sure..!

Just bear in mind it was included at the end of a video, as a sort of cheeky bonus, or right ruddy bonus, even.

I'd be fairly sure that Crimson Lance was not used as a reference to a penis - I've heard of that supposed usage even less than others have heard of 'ruddy'!

..Likely more in reference to Task Force Knight ;)

They probably didn't intend it, no. But it is unfortunate.

Well, its not in the urban dictionary as such (which as we all know to be gospel truth), nor does a google search 'raise' any hard and fast response.

..I think some people might just be grasping at straws/ penises ;)

RiE

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=%22crimson+lance%22+penis

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Crimson%20Lance

They probably didn't intend it, no. But it is unfortunate.

Guess they need to add a script that has the whole squad collapse giggling when an officer says it, and have the rank and file refer to it as "Ruddy Todger"?

Edited by Stag

"Prince Everhard of the Netherlands" has a nice ring to it.

Why isn't it next Thursday yet!? Needs me this DLC!

Damu, did you see my PM about maps? :)

'Ruddy' in my mind conjures up spitting image puppets of Princes Charles and Philip. I bet some old school officers still use it.

Will the automated voice sequences ("Man - 50 meters - 12 oclock", "Go to that tree at 4 oclock") in BAF be in new English or remain the same ?

Will the automated voice sequences ("Man - 50 meters - 12 oclock", "Go to that tree at 4 oclock") in BAF be in new English or remain the same ?

Did you watch the video? There's lots of examples of the in game speech in there.

Gotta love the:

"Its Squeaky Bum time lads!"

I hoe thats the audio used for "ALL, Danger!" :)

Ordered a new credit card just for this..... addicted?