• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

...are you guys still arguing?

:rolleyes:

Just buy that darn thing

...and be happy.

.... don't worry.... (:619: buy A2:BAF! :619: NOW)

.... beeeeee happpy. (buy A2:BAF :619: buy A2:BAF buy A2:BAF)

:D

Seriously, if you like Arma2 that much, that this DLC pisses you off because you fear it could split the "community" and you could lose precious servers and players to play with... even if you don't like A2:BAF. Buy it. Done. You like Arma2 that much, because you're so pissed after all, no?

Edited by ruebe

Maruk said he had a plan to help prevent the splitting of the community, I got a feeling it might be that both BAF and non-BAF users can play together, just the non-BAF users will not be able to use the units, just see them (pure speculation, don't count on it), I also have a feeling the new feature in the latest beta has something to do with it (shows mods upon startup).

Anyone got any other speculation about Maruk's super-secret master-plan?

(Trying to bring happiness to this thread so I'd appreciate some help :p)

(Trying to bring happiness to this thread so I'd appreciate some help :p)

Here, use this ---> :shine:

No need on preaching to the converted here, I pre-order yesterday BTW.

Just putting some logic to the whole community split issue (where clearly there isn't one all things considered).

When you're a Student, 11p will buy you a tin of Value Baked Beans....

That is the power of beans. :) I'm sure the BIS assets intrduced in the DLC are of an extremely good quality, and frankly, worth the money. The BIS/A team work their asses off to bring new content, and as a commercial venture, they work to design plans. It makes me want to fire up VBS2 and insist that my whole command structure go through that last secenario again, because "they were utter sh*te last time" :)

Edited by Gaz_pr

thanks for the heads up that preorder is available. paid already. would like the option to predownload it before the server is swamped. hope there is enough bandwidth on sprocket... to make the download fast.

Wonder if any of the sounds from Project Reality's field trip to a British Army Base will make it into BAF? :)

I'll nip this one in the bud before people get all excited over nothing: NOPE.

That is all.

When I were a student 11p bought a pint of cider on promo nights and time on a BBC micro playing defender was rare.

Its true timing is everything as I am away next week so won't get BAF til September - save me a seat in your Warriors !.

When I were a student 11p bought a pint of cider on promo nights and time on a BBC micro playing defender was rare.

11p Cider!? You're were lucky. I had to lick road clean wit tongue. :D

When I say cider it was actually tapwater which we peed in for colour. But is was cider to us. And I were happier then even though we was poor. Nostalgia is not what is used to be.

If I had not drank 68 pints I would have saved enough money to download of BAF. Today it is more like 3 pints. :-(

Silly question and may have been answered.

I know its called DLC but will it be available in the shops on CD/DVD like Resistance for OFP.

If not is it Steam/Sprocket only?.

Thanks

Download only for now at least. Pre-ordered mine from Spocket for $10.56 last night. :)

Silly question and may have been answered.

I know its called DLC but will it be available in the shops on CD/DVD like Resistance for OFP.

If not is it Steam/Sprocket only?.

Thanks

DLC = (D)own(L)oad ©ontent :)

So its only for download only and so distributed digitally online via the usual suspects you mentioned. Until notified im not sure what retailers will take it on (but that will only be via the download option of a retailer if they have one on their website).

So no "physical" distributions basically.

Just pre-ordered mine via Sprocket. Looking forward to the 26th!

Ah ok I will get it VIA steam then.

P.S I know what DLC means I meant was there plans for a hard copy.

Ah ok I will get it VIA steam then.

You can only get it on Steam if you have the game itself on Steam. If you don't then you need to get it on Sprocket.

Theres an irony in that somewhere :)

Yes sorry mate, mis-read your post, wasn't trying to be patronising or anything, I just never assume anything so cover all bases in a post :)

Mind you it could have been (D)elivered (L)ocally by ©ourier ... right ? :)

Edited by mrcash2009

DLC = (D)own(L)oad ©ontent :)

So its only for download only and so distributed digitally online via the usual suspects you mentioned. Until notified im not sure what retailers will take it on (but that will only be via the download option of a retailer if they have one on their website).

So no "physical" distributions basically.

dude, it's not unheard of for companies to offer their DLC on disc in stores. Rockstar did it with Episodes of Liberty City, Bethesda with Knights of the Nine as well as the Fallout 3 expansion packs. Gearbox is currently doing the same with the Borderlands DLC. ;)

Mind you it could have been (D)elivered (L)ocally by ©ourier ... right ? :)

Didn't Listen Clearly?

Hahahahaha great reply's.

Well BIS if you are listening please please consider making a DVD/CD version in stores and yes I now it will cost a little more but I am willing to pay say £10 for a hard copy.

damn I have got DVD version so I cant use the steam version then :(.

OK this sprocket you talk about is it any good? and do they take PayPal like steam?.

Thanks

I have both ArmA2+OA in steam and disc form.

Can I buy the DLC with steam and play it with the disc versions ?

Can I buy the DLC with sprocket and play it with steam ?

Worst case scenario do I need both versions?

OK this sprocket you talk about is it any good? and do they take PayPal like steam?.

I've got CO (& intend to get BAF) from Sprocket. As far as I'm aware a Sprocket download is the same as a retail copy (could someone correct or confirm).