British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

Its like Utes island. That is pretty bad to release something that small and expect payment. Addon makers regularly make better maps for free!

Will a map this small not make the British mini campaign really linear? I know the normal campaigns are really linear as well but it should be more of a problem here. A case of "oh we are moving down this road for the fifth time".

Its like Utes island. That is pretty bad to release something that small and expect payment. Addon makers regularly make better maps for free!

Will a map this small not make the British mini campaign really linear? I know the normal campaigns are really linear as well but it should be more of a problem here. A case of "oh we are moving down this road for the fifth time".

BIS aren't asking you to pay for just the Island though are they? You get the British Forces as well and who says all the missions will take place there?

Infact I probably play on Utes as much as I do, if not more than, Chernarus because the frame rate seems so much higher. Maps of that size can make for really good low impact infantry engagements.

Its like Utes island. That is pretty bad to release something that small and expect payment.

Will a map this small not make the British mini campaign really linear?

1. The environment is a cheeky bonus; not originally planned to be part of BAF.

2. BAF's campaign takes places in Takistan; potentially, bonus scenarios will take place on Shapur.

RiE.

In the future we need alot bigger maps than Takistan

Let us know when you've finished it then. :)

Wow, you selfish pick.

I'm sure elements of the campaign could make use of the existing OA maps. One of my favourite parts of OFP was taking off from Everon to bomb targets on Kolgujev.

In near future, download only.

Sprocket, Steam and probably other online services will be selling it.

Ouch, that hurts me as DVD/CD Collector most...I need my physical representations of what I´ve bought...

So my question is : Will you guys at Bohemia maybe press up a CD with it ? ^^ *hint-hint/prod*

Cya on the battlefields

Wow, you selfish pick.

Grow up.

Or are you the type of person who buys every DLC even those crappy Call of Duty map packs without a second thought of quality?

I'll remind you that I am not obligated to buy from BIS it is up to them to market something to me. For 8 quid it is almost a third of the price of OA itself, is it a third of the content?

Calling me a selfish prick made my day and gave me a good chuckle :o

You need to grow up if you're comparing the content in the BAF DLC to MW2's map packs, especially with the BAF DLC being $5 cheaper.

It would be laughable if it wouldn't be so sad. First people complained because there is no new map included. Now there is a map included, even though a small one, and now people complain because it is too small.

What the heck you expected? Another Takistan or Chernarus in that little time?

And who said that the campaign plays on that new terrain?

FPDR

It would be laughable if it wouldn't be so sad.

to quote myself from elsewhere:

A "community" full of spoiled little bitches. Such a shame.

:j:

I, for one, amlooking forward to BAF.

There are people who moan and complain before anything is done and there are people who can wait till its done. Nothing really new and nothing to worry about - just a little random storm in a teacup. ;)

SO, let me get this right ...

We are expected to pay for this DLC, literally FORCED to ... and ruin the MP community and you also want us to pay for a small island, and a tea cup!!!???? WTF!? I bet its a badly modeled copy of an American teacup, and doesn't even have its own saucer ... ive never seen a tea cup without a saucer model, poor modeling, BIS needs to check out some proper image sources before releasing tea cup models with no saucer attachment .. and we have to pay!!! ????

BTW .. Island is an island and wasn't mentioned before so that's more to use, good stuff :)

Edited by mrcash2009

SO, let me get this right ...

We are expected to pay for this DLC, literally FORCED to ... and ruin the MP community and you also want us to pay for a small island, and a tea cup!!!???? WTF!? I bet its a badly modeled copy of an American teacup, and doesn't even have its own saucer ... ive never seen a tea cup without a saucer model, poor modeling, BIS needs to check out some proper image sources before releasing tea cup models with no saucer attachment .. and we have to pay!!! ????

BTW .. Island is an island and wasn't mentioned before so that's more to use, good stuff :)

I really dont see how you are being "FORCED" to buy this. Nor how you can say it will ruin the MP community. I mean for gods sake its really no different than any other mod in MP terms. Ok so you pay for it but int he end its no different than the 100's of mods released in the past.

Chicken Little syndrome or what.

@Rock ..

It was what us brits (you and I) would call "taking the piss" ... it was irony and a joke (the main paragraph) IE picking holes in weapons vs a good old British tea cup (the post before it) and all the shock & doom posts, smileys were used :)

Not my views at all ... cant wait for it, and a island to boot (The second paragraph/line in that post).

Edited by mrcash2009

Basically if 1/2 the guys you play with buy it and the other 1/2 doesn't, then either the entire group doesn't use it so that everyone can play, thus those who bought it are screwed because they can only use it in SP, or if they do get to use it the 1/2 that didn't buy it is left out.

Still waiting to see "solid plans" for handling this.

Side note, I miss the days of Age of Empires, where you only needed 1 CD for each 3 players or something, meaning you can play with friends legally if they didn't buy the game but they can't play by themselves or with other players who didn't pay, which resulted in that people who really liked the game bought it and yet could still have fun with friends who didn't buy it. Nowadays companies make you have to buy everything twice even if you want to play it on LAN, which might make sense from a legal perspective, but when you think about how many people would enjoy the game more but wouldn't buy the game anyway (say, like the guy I would play on LAN with once a year who wouldn't buy it just to play with me once a year), it starts to become iffy.

Pre-ordered via Sprocket! :bounce3:

Thanks for the heads up, ordered it too.

Wow, you selfish pick.
Grow up.

Or are you the type of person who buys every DLC even those crappy Call of Duty map packs without a second thought of quality?

I'll remind you that I am not obligated to buy from BIS it is up to them to market something to me. For 8 quid it is almost a third of the price of OA itself, is it a third of the content?

Calling me a selfish prick made my day and gave me a good chuckle :o

Grow up? Look at your post. Who are you to say it is 'bad to release something for the price it is'? And who are you to say it's 'small'. And wtf, how could you compare it to MW2 who's map packs are nothing but ported maps and cost more than this DLC anyway.

No you're not obligated to buy this from BIS, no one said you are. But your crappy opinion of what makes a DLC worth while is irrelevant and pointless if you're going to word it like that.

It's not even out and your whining about how the campaign is going to turn out. Spoiled little gamer.

Here's a nice list of CONSOLE (I think we can be very fortunate about having BIS solely on PC) DLC prices which we can compare to :)

MW2 Resurgence Pack

Price - £10.99

What you get - 5 maps, 2 of which are recycled from MW

Fat Princess Fat Roles Expansion Pack

Price - £3.99

What you get - 3 new classes, 4 new maps, 4 players on one console being able to join online games

WAW Map Pack 3

Price - £7.99

What you get - 3 new maps and a whole new zombie mode, new perks, new weps, new baddies

Army of TWO The 40th Day Chapters of Deceit

Price - £6.29

What you get - 2 new campaign levels

Farcry 2 Fortunes Pack

Price - £3.99

What you get - 3 new weps, 2 new vehicles and 4 new multiplayer maps

MAG Interdiction Power Pack

Price - £6.29

What you get - 3 new maps

Also there is 2 free expansions which include new light armour, a special edition sniper rifle, special edition light machine gun, flashbang grenades and camouflage gear

Pixeljunk Monsters Encore pack

Price - £2.39

What you get - a whole new island with over 10 new missions to play

Resident Evil 5 Untold Stories Bundle

Price - £10.49

What you get - 2 new campaigns (lost in nightmares and desperate escape), 2 new costume packs

Transformers war on cybertron Map and Character Pack 1

Price - £7.99

What you get - 4 new multiplayer maps and 5 new playable characters

Warhawk Triple combo pack

Price - £7.99

What you get - all 3 addon packs which includes various maps and new weps/transports

Finally BAF;

Price 7.99/EUR 8.99/USD 9.99 (I pre-ordered mine for £7.69 :p)

What you get - A small island, which I presume is more designed for CQB, various new weapons, cars, tanks, aircraft; a new faction, new campaign, new features for the engineer class which could change the way mp games are played! And of course BIS' continued support...

This community is taking too many things for granted and I gotta say I like the idea of being able to support BIS with these DLCs, as-long as they don't start milking them which will never happen.