British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

Noob question. Probably asked over one hundred times in this thread. Will this add-on come on disk form?

DownLoadable Content. Cheap distribution = easier to make a profit.

Not sure if anyone saw this however

- L85A2 Assault Rifle

- L110A1 Light Machine Ggun

- L7A2 General Purpose Machine Gun

- AS50 50cal Sniper Rifle

- LRR Sniper Rifles

- FGM-148 Javelin Anti-tank Launcher

- FIM-92F Stinger Anti-aircraft guided missile system

- NLAW Anti-tank guided weapon system

- L2A1 Heavy Machine Gun

- L134A1 Automatic Grenade Launche

There's two things on this list that should not be, care to guess?

- L85A2 Assault Rifle

- LRR Sniper Rifles

- L2A1 Heavy Machine Gun

They both are from ArmA2 and ArmA2:OA (in red)

The stinger for one, and the AS50 is the second as it's a weapon designed for US special forces.

The stinger for one, and the AS50 is the second as it's a weapon designed for US special forces.

Hmm maybe there is a small british spec ops team in game that will use the AS50. :confused:

Unlikely, as i said its a weapon designed with the US in mind, however I imagine they've put it in the pack as it's a creation of Accuracy International.

The AS50 is a .50 BMG sniper/anti-materiel rifle manufactured by British firearms producer Accuracy International.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accuracy_International_AS50

It may be designed in this country but it doesn't mean the British Army uses it, the M777 being another good example.

Unlikely, as i said its a weapon designed with the US in mind, however I imagine they've put it in the pack as it's a creation of Accuracy International.

It may be designed in this country but it doesn't mean the British Army uses it, the M777 being another good example.

The AS50 fifty caliber (12.7mm) sniper / antimateriel rifle is the latest development of the famous British company Accuracy International Ltd. First displayed in January 2005 in USA at the ShotShow-2005, this rifle reportedly has been developed especially for US SOCOM users, and is now being tested by the US NAVY Special Operations center.

The AS50 fifty caliber (12.7mm) sniper / antimateriel rifle is the latest development of the famous British company Accuracy International Ltd. First displayed in January 2005 in USA at the ShotShow-2005, this rifle reportedly has been developed especially for US SOCOM users, and is now being tested by the US NAVY Special Operations center.

Mate, I know I've just said that more or less. What I was refering to was why it was not appropriate for a list of weapons in the BAF pack. ie The British Army Does not use it.

So...

-Is- there an anti-material rifle used by the British Army?

The British Army use both the M82A1 and AW50 in small numbers.

- L85A2 Assault Rifle

- LRR Sniper Rifles

- L2A1 Heavy Machine Gun

well, that's what the soldiers are loaded out with, in the arma verse, and in 2012, right? whats wrong?

Mate, I know I've just said that more or less. What I was refering to was why it was not appropriate for a list of weapons in the BAF pack. ie The British Army Does not use it.

You are right :) me --> :banghead:

well' date=' that's what the soldiers are loaded out with, in the arma verse, and in 2012, right? whats wrong?[/quote']

I have to admit, that whole arma verse thing is a bit of a cop out. I could understand that with the AS50 being included (still doubtful it will ever be fielded but I guess you lot can dream). But the Stinger is a bit of a weird one, closest thing we have to a MANPAD is the Starstreak HVM, and its considerably newer than the FIM-92.

It's like saying we'll take away their newly updated SA80s and give them American M14s because it's the arma verse.

Edited by MontyVCB

well' date=' that's what the soldiers are loaded out with, in the arma verse, and in 2012, right? whats wrong?[/quote']

LOL, i'll like to see you carry all that :biggrin::rofl:

The British Army use both the M82A1 and AW50 in small numbers.

Ah, cheers mate.

I guessed something along these lines.

So how realistic or at least 'possible' is the equipment and vehicular support the Brits in the DLC-pack, really?

Is it completely unrealistic and weird or at least 'feasible'?

Ye know, I'm personally just happy to get some official Brit addons, and the voices sound damn nice, but I'm not really satisfied with the rest.

Its worth remembering the MoD has lots of items there are not officially “in service†be that because they are new items being “tested†or old items held in “reserve†or “cast“ and held by third party’s on the MoD‘s behalf for X years before being sold, some items are procured for testing with the intent of eventual widespread deployment if they pass, other items are procured for “testingâ€/â€evaluation†as they are merely bought in low quantities and are known quantities with proven track records in service with other army’s and there is never an intention for widespread deployment or for them even to be included in the currant in-service inventory, they are merely used by the people that would need access to them and KNOW they are there.

There are lots of weapons and ancillaries not in the currant in-service inventory that mealy are undergoing “field testing†or “in theatre testing†or have come out reserves, some of the item have been undergoing “field/theatre testing/evaluation†for over >20 years and will never pass a test that doesn’t really exist apart from on some papers at the Procurement Executive!

;)

So what is the complete list of weapons British Armed Forces use now (in real life,year 2009/2010)?

Ah, cheers mate.

I guessed something along these lines.

So how realistic or at least 'possible' is the equipment and vehicular support the Brits in the DLC-pack, really?

Is it completely unrealistic and weird or at least 'feasible'?

Ye know, I'm personally just happy to get some official Brit addons, and the voices sound damn nice, but I'm not really satisfied with the rest.

For the most part it's realistic enough, despite people saying the L86 is obsolete. It's still issued out to troops, the L85A2s do look a bit 'weird' but i'm not sure if thats the screenshots or the models. Most of the discussion has been around the attachments for the L85A2s and the Warrior turret. The soldiers look pretty decent though they are equipped with older equipment.

Currently it's a mixed bag, you've got on one side a super modern Warrior IFV and AS50 sniper rifles. On the other you've got soldiers still wearing Osprey Mk3 vests and Mk6 helmets in 2012, when in the real world the newer Assault Osprey and Mk7 helmets are becoming more common. I fully understand it differcult to make sure everything is 100% correct and i'm not asking for that. It's just strange you've got some ultra modern kit mixed with older kit thats quickly becoming obsolete and no longer relevent.

On the upside the warrior does look pretty cool. :)

Edited by MontyVCB

LOL, i'll like to see you carry all that :biggrin::rofl:

lol.. :rolleyes: you know what I meant.

I don't know why, but for some reason the ACOG on the L2A1 and GMG really cracks me up! D=

Why do both the M240 and L7A1 appear on the weapons page...? Identical gun? L7 even has the M240's rail on top (it shouldn't...)

(Is it just me, or does everything fated to "split the community" only ever end up splitting the community between those convinced it'll split the community and those who disagree?)