British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

BIS you are with out a doubt IMO the best game producers on the PC. Unlike a lot of other people I live in the real world and understand and appreciate your continuing dedication and support of this franchise, Thus we haven't got ARMA3 Ewoks vs Cave Trolls in the world of Terminator for a quick buck. Bring out as much DLC as you can I will buy it all and those who don't want it don't have to. Thank You, thank you and long live modable Military Sims on the PC. NOW TO DREAM OF BRITS vs YANKS WARFARE Benny edition.

I concur wholeheartedly. We really appreciate what you do :)

NOW TO DREAM OF BRITS vs YANKS WARFARE Benny edition.

Yes this would be good but would be very very hard without a Challenger...

Oops sorry Wolle :butbut:

Nah, adding the Chally would just give the Brits an even bigger advantage. :p

Oops sorry Wolle :butbut:

But then, very very easy with one. :p

The only thing sad about this announcement is that their are not updating previous content with the engine improvements. AGAIN. Thats kind of kill it.

Otherwise, all good. Looking forward to see some love for OPFOR. Kinda pointless to have so many toys to kill guys in pijamas.

their are not updating previous content with the engine improvements.

It's not stated that they won't either... The whole point of DLC is to fund further development and patches. if DLC sells well, this could very well allow bis to patch Russian and Marines to OA FLIR for instance in a regular patch.

I for one welcome this - DLC, as long as it is properly priced in relation to the ammount of content is always welcome. And I for one, have to say that the contents of this package seems to be well worth the price. Looking forward to more DLC packages from BI!

It's not stated that they won't either... The whole point of DLC is to fund further development and patches. if DLC sells well, this could very well allow bis to patch Russian and Marines to OA FLIR for instance in a regular patch.

I hope so... But from what Maruk said, I wouldnt put my hopes high (if this sentence has any sense in english..):

All engine improvements developed for A2: BAF will be released to all users in free game update/patch and BAF will use it from the updated main game executable directly (note that it does not mean all our previous official content will get proper configuration to use it...)

A definite buy from myself.

In the current generation, where the word "DLC" means $15 for 3 new, small MP maps and 2 recycled from a previous game (and yet goes on to be the highest selling "DLC" in history), $10 for this BAF DLC for OA definitely appears to be the one that gives you the most bang for your buck. It's only natural for it to come from BIS. ;)

I wait with great anticipation for further news.

Otherwise, all good. Looking forward to see some love for OPFOR. Kinda pointless to have so many toys to kill guys in pijamas.

Tell that to NATO.

I'd love to see an OPFOR expansion actually, a North Korean pack perhaps?

a North Korean pack perhaps?

:yay::yay::yay:

I would like to see something like that as well. Maybe with in island for Korea with N/Korean and S/Korean forces. I think should be another expansion pack for A2 just like arrowhead was

:rolleyes:

Sorry for drifting off topic:butbut:

Wow, never knew that. Cheers for the info man. :D

Of course, what I meant to say is that all the GOOD vehicles will be RHD. ;)

I believe the majority of things like the (E)WMIK And MWMIK on deployment in afghanistan are RHD, might be wrong on that.

We have a solid plan to address this problem.

What's the plan?

being Aussie i do prefer the SASR :P but will this DLC package include British SAS? or Ghurka?

No units list has been released as of yet, so you'll probably have to wait until then. I imagine BIS has some surprises up their sleeve yet. ;)

I for one welcome this - DLC, as long as it is properly priced in relation to the ammount of content is always welcome. And I for one, have to say that the contents of this package seems to be well worth the price. Looking forward to more DLC packages from BI!

Besides this feature it would be nice from them to make the infantry from A2 fully compatible with the new backpack system.

I know it would be time for an OPFOR DLC, but in the future maybe the Karzeghistani army should appear with some returning hardware pieces from OFP, like the G3 rifle, the M60 tank and the AH-1F chopper.

Most importantly is that you can't just go and download the addon for a few minutes so that you can get on the server. Though I'm still waiting to see what BIS's "solid plans" are.

Very excited over this DLC. Cant wait to try this out. Shame it doenst include the Mastiff, Ridgeback etc.

:)

Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead does not simulate present day armament and weaponry.

So unless you can tell the future, I am pretty sure nobody has the right to comment on accuracy...

Hang on, he's well within his right to hold that opinion, and he's as much right to express his opinion as you do to respond.

This is set in 2012, and I think that gives people plenty of opportunity to comment on accuracy. It's only 2 years off.

[make a point]Or, we could give the British spaceships and frikkin' lasers and just say it's based in 2 months time...and you HAVE NO RIGHT to say it's inaccurate, NO, because its IN THE FUTURE and you can't for certain tell me that we won't have lasers and spaceships in 2 months time.... [/make a point]

Cmon, thats how your logic works, isn't it?

Edited by Pathy

That's reductio ad absurdum. A missing screw or unlikely but possible combination of existing hardware in a given time frame isn't the same as lasers and spaceships.

That's accurate enough for 90% of the people, the rest should get out more, because it's already more accurate than pretty much anything else. To go 100% perfect would require a silly amount of resources (reseach, modeling etc...) for virtually no gameplay improvement. The big picture is what's important.

Edited by EricM

That's reductio ad absurdum. A missing screw or unlikely but possible combination of existing hardware in a given time frame isn't the same as lasers and spaceships.

That's accurate enough for 90% of the people, the rest should get out more, because it's already more accurate than pretty much anything else. To go 100% perfect would require a silly amount of resources (reseach, modeling etc...) for virtually no gameplay improvement. The big picture is what's important.

People are talking about fictional configurations. Thats not reductio ad absurdum, thats the exact same thing. I agree a missing screw here or there or existing hardware isn't the same, but we're not talking about that. Hell, I don't care either way. The reason why i'm posting is because i'm sick of seeing you guys shout people down for having a legitimate opinion on configurations that as yet, don't exist.

It is exactly the same. Not only that but BIS have gone fully out of reality with some of the items like the EOTech sight & the AN/PEQ-2. The rest of the content have errors of their own, like the Warrior having a MTIP2 turret when there has been the turret for the WFLIP hasn't been chosen and when one is chosen it won't see service until at least 2014.

That is blatantly making stuff up.

FPDR

Don't buy the DLC if you don't like what's going to be in it.

Or you can go ahead and take up modding yourself and fix it to the way you like it.

On a second note, I just noticed the facepalm emoticon code is :

FlashPointDragonRising