British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

Ive been thinking. The announcement thet the Brit engineers will have enhanced abilities I.E. vehicle repair and in particular bomb disposal abilities, would tend to suggest that some sort of IED will be implemented, dont you think?

That would be fantastic tbh. There are loads of things I'd like the engineers to be capable of including building bridges and other structures (that could well be a whole other addon). Minesweeping and removal would add a really good level of realism for counter-insurgency operations.

jblackrupert

its actually a british sniper that holds the longest range kill now craig harrison from the household cavarly at a range 2,475 m (2,707 yd) using the L115A3.

I'd like to see some answers to my "Worst case scenario" post on that thread.

Your worst case scenario is MISSION based, not SERVER based. Every server in the universe could be running the DLC and you would ONLY need to have bought it to run MISSIONS that include the DLC. All other non DLC missions would run fine on the server, you'd be able to connect with your paid for stock client. (Unless the server admins force mod use, which has nothing to do with DLC.)

Ive been thinking. The announcement thet the Brit engineers will have enhanced abilities I.E. vehicle repair and in particular bomb disposal abilities, would tend to suggest that some sort of IED will be implemented, dont you think?

I really hope it's something like this: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=103268

But I imagine it'll be something more like the deactivate bomb UI from the OA campaign in Module form or something.

Edited by kylania

Hi guys does anyone no if the new DLC will have Special Forces or Recce (Reconnaissance) character in the game.from what a can tell from the screenshots it looks like its based its unit on the parachute regiment and mechinzed infantry.

would any of the BIS team care to comment on this.

and i know things are wrong in the new dlc but give BIS a small pat on the back for doing a british mod in the first place guys.

Thank you for youre time.

At long last some top notch Brit's, looks excellent. Along with some quality vehicles too, look forward to this.

At long last some top notch Brit's, looks excellent. Along with some quality vehicles too, look forward to this.

There is already quite a lot of British content, StalkerGB's 3 rifles, UKF vehicles, RKSL lynx/puma/merlin addons and the fantastic Typhoon etc... It's all quality.

That said, I'm really looking forward to the actual British radio voices, Warrior IFV and the engineer extension. I will still be using all the community content as well as it's really good :)

One thing for added immersion, will the Brit infantry shout "argh you W****R" when they get grazed by a bullet?

There is already quite a lot of British content, StalkerGB's 3 rifles, UKF vehicles, RKSL lynx/puma/merlin addons and the fantastic Typhoon etc... It's all quality.

That said, I'm really looking forward to the actual British radio voices, Warrior IFV and the engineer extension. I will still be using all the community content as well as it's really good :)

One thing for added immersion, will the Brit infantry shout "argh you W****R" when they get grazed by a bullet?

I think the statement 'It's all quality' is really a matter of opinion.

From what I can remember, when I first downloaded the RKSL lynx it had no sound inside, it was like flying in space. Then I downloaded the UKF weapons and the sounds for them drove me insane, so I wouldn't call them 'quality', nice no doubt, but lacking in some areas.

Made my day! :D

10 dollars = 7.7 euro only, but we gonna pay 9

Why those americans get everything cheaper :angry:

let's summarize what was revealed just in this thread by us:

i suggest first to read what's already stated on the BAF features page

http://www.arma2.com/game-features/arma-2-operation-arrowhead-british-armed-forces-features_en.html ...

+ there is MP friendly solution :bounce3:

(read: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1693206#post1693206 )

+ engine related updates will be available to everyone

(read: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1693590&highlight=engine#post1693590 )

+ as the storyline is set into 2012, design decisions were made about equipment

+ fully new voice protocol with native speakers and various accents (~2+)

(read: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1693323&postcount=97 )

(read: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1693227#post1693227

+ BAF content is newly made

(read: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1694308#post1694308 )

* while some models may base off some of our own models the result is new model not just some re-skin

+ the design and create phase for BAF was completely separated from Operation Arrowhead

(read: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1694020&postcount=353 )

* thus any claims that this content was left out of OA are completely wrong and misleading

+ BAF will be available for purchase from Sprocket, STEAM and some other yet unannounced sources

(read: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1693244&highlight=steam#post1693244 )

+ pricing differences for regions explained:

(read: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1693836&highlight=price#post1693836 )

and now some hint from me :

+ the BAF campaign is longer than EW mini-campaign delivered with 1.05 for free

and of course naive is the one who think that's all ... :D

Edited by Dwarden

hey dwarden

thank you for the post.i think it may shut up the cry babys for a little bit but am sure it will start up again by the next page of posts.

but good work BIS but if the game is still under development please try to imploment some of the requested addons by the community which is well known british equipment and units (challenger 2,Special Forces Regiemets SAS SBS SRR,L115A3).

thank you for youre time

Edited by Staff Sergeant Bush

Yep, sounds good, not too much blood on the floor? onwards and upwards :D

Just stop right there ^^

We had EXACTLY the same thing for OFP and Arma 1, except internet was too slow in those early days for most people to access "DLC". It was the same, except on a disc.

From what I remember, the whole world didn't got deaded back then. ;)

No, this DLC is nothing like those expansions. Here we get a bunch of units and a mini-campaign. OFP: Resistance and currently OA are full blown expansion packs with much much more content. I'm willing to buy any future big expansions, but definitely not the DLC. I'd pay for OA those $10 more, even without the brits, but the DLC is a big no for me.

Edited by Suchy_

I have a question, if the content was U.S based or local to the country people are located would they be more interested in buying it?

IE .. are some people who aren't interested with this not interested completely becuase its a rip off (they think) or that this particular content isn't what they want? Would those who wont buy it, sway differently if it was content they were more interested in? IE: those who are disputing ever getting a DLC, would they warm to something more local to them?

My point is, if this announcement of DLC was off the back of russian units (im UK) would I be looking more at its cost/point of a DLC than if it was the UK units which I want, I think I might react different. Worth as in its cost or worth as in its usage to you personally. Another thought is that If I have UK units I would join a UK clan and play if they use it for sure, but If I joined a clan or a server that had UK DLC but then for example also needed me to have russian/canadian pack (later down the line if they existed as an example) would I be running out to pay for those other two? To be honest I would hesitate.

Im thinking out loud here, sorry.

I think ultimately what im trying to say is, those who staunchly appose the DLC, when the time came that the content was much more relevant to them, would the rip off idea go on the back burner all of a sudden.

Edited by mrcash2009

I have a question, if the content was U.S based or local to the country people are located would they be more interested in buying it?

IE .. are some people who aren't interested with this not interested completely becuase its a rip off (they think) or that this particular content isn't what they want? Would those who wont buy it, sway differently if it was content they were more interested in? IE: those who are disputing ever getting a DLC, would they warm to something more local to them?

My point is, if this announcement of DLC was off the back of russian units (im UK) would I be looking more at its cost/point of a DLC than if it was the UK units which I want, I think I might react different. Worth as in its cost or worth as in its usage to you personally.

Sure I'd like to see BIS-made modern day Polish units in the game, but if this was presented in a DLC form, I wouldn't buy it.

Sure I'd like to see BIS-made modern day Polish units in the game, but if this was presented in a DLC form, I wouldn't buy it.

Ok cool. If it actually existed and servers you liked had it, would it be more appealing and would the DLC protest angle be strong enough? Im not fishing for trying to catch anyone out here, I just find it interesting.

Ok cool. If it actually existed and servers you liked had it, would it be more appealing and would the DLC protest angle be strong enough? Im not fishing for trying to catch anyone out here, I just find it interesting.

I'd move to a different server. I'm opposed to DLC business model in general, but in this case I may change my mind depending on the length of included campaign. If there was enough gameplay time, let's say 5+ hours, then for me it would be closer to a proper expansion and definitely worth this money.

Speaking of the campaign...

and now some hint from me :

+ the BAF campaign is longer than EW mini-campaign delivered with 1.05 for free

Any chance to get some more info on this? How much time would it take to complete it?

Don't forget, there are hints we may also see IED's, and some new features. I am especially interested in the new engine improvements, which are actually free to everyone.

BIS will do a great job, I am sure.

BIS will do a great job, I am sure.

^^This^^

As I said in a previous exchange/thread/post (I forget which as it was quite a few hours ago now) even if this ends up costing £150 with all the DLC then it's still worth it if the end result is to bring Arma 2 closer to VBS2.

An interesting twist to the BAF DLC would be if they included blankfiring variants of all units and a Salisbury Plain map :)

Where do you see hints on IED? bomb disposal can be pointing to suitcase bombs just like in OA... Well I do hope IED is included...Kabaammm!

BIS more teasers please!!! :D

I don't know lol, earlier in the thread someone was talking about it xD

Search "IED" in this thread and you shall see! :D

Probably yes.

And that's exactly the problem.

DLC has to be more generic to make it interesting for all players and not only for players from country x.

In case of the UK DLC, british players will most likely buy it, while the rest may simply skip it.

Xeno

Shouldn't IED's and other game functionality be included in patches? It's the kind of thing that should have came with the game considering it is basically Afghanistan.

I'd be willing to pay £10 for a full set of British units and a small map in the DLC pack.

But this DLC is just half a force, a short campaign and a couple of really cool features that we should have had from the start. Not to mention the fact that BIS admitted themselves that their only references for most equipment in this DLC is from P:UKF content.

I'd move to a different server. I'm opposed to DLC business model in general, but in this case I may change my mind depending on the length of included campaign. If there was enough gameplay time, let's say 5+ hours, then for me it would be closer to a proper expansion and definitely worth this money.

Speaking of the campaign...

Any chance to get some more info on this? How much time would it take to complete it?

It depends how retarded you are when it comes to thinking.

I have to agree with Xeno to a degree, but if we did all work on that logic, we wouldn't buy ARMA2/OA because it only has US, CZ, DE, and UN units. But, there is an exception to every rule.

To those of you who say this will destroy the community, I suggest you go to the Addons Thread and look at that "community life-sucking" monster that usually sits at the top, but that's another story.

Edited by Hellfire257