British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

A British armed force DLC? Of course I'm going to buy it, such a pleasant surprise. I always love shinny new toys in my arsenal.

Needs more Norwegian Army instead.

YES ! .. what ever happend to Viking_NSF's Addon :( Thread

@maionaze

I am led to believe units in the BAF pack are based around the pathfinder platoon from 16th air assault brigade.

However i maybe wrong. I usually am

edit

@delta 84

good for you amigo ... but please too much info

what you do with your shinny toys and your arse nal should remain private

:-)

gotta find me a clan

Edited by shark-attack

2) Has their been specifics on where the DLC will be available?

Regarding 2 ... I would suggest places that aren't tied to too many things like Steam has, will there be a roll-out list announced some time before? I notice UK's "Game" (which I use) has a download section, so will BIS include outlets such as these?

Maruk already posted the DLC will be available on Steam and Sprocket, as well as other, not yet announced places. ;)

I had a question or two:

1) Will the/could DLC include one more/or any "UK" voice set for the comms?

There's been a few posts from BIS about the new British/Scottish/Cockney accented voices that are part of this DLC, a pretty major part form the sound of it.

proper Brit radio protocol so they claim

Looking forward to it ... bout bloody time i say ...

again nice one BIS

Edited by shark-attack

"Two, would you please target the enemy machinegunner to our 3 'o clock?"

"Gotcha boss"

"Cheers"

"Two, would you please target the enemy machinegunner to our 3 'o clock?"

"Gotcha boss"

"Cheers"

If it was REAL Brit radio protocol there would be quite a lot more swearing than that I think :)

Probably more like:

[enemy fire whizes overhead]

"S*** ... Two, kill that C*** with the machinegun 3oclock"

"on it"

"Ta"

Regarding the circumvention by replacing the DLC with some custom-made free replacement mod, I guess that would fail due to some checksum or signature failure. Would be too easy to turn your 5.56 rounds into LGBs.

You can make signatures, keys and crap for the replacements all the same. Only, the server needs to allow the signature of the free replacement. That would make it just as cheat-proof as the official DLC content (ie, not very).

If it was REAL Brit radio protocol there would be quite a lot more swearing than that I think :)

Probably more like:

[enemy fire whizes overhead]

"S*** ... Two, kill that C*** with the machinegun 3oclock"

"on it"

"Ta"

Yeah, your right on the money there ;)

EDIT: You forgot w***** as well

CoH:OF was good for that. "Harry up you fa*kin' wanka's", and my favourite, "Ere, that looks like that four wheeled piece of shit I had back home".

Hopefully they use real Jockaneese, so it shows what we have to put up with in real life!

say again over

ummm say again over

errrr unworkable out

:)

I'll buy it if I can ever find a hard copy of Combined Operations.

I hope this version works well

Not the same as the previous version (OA)

ALWAYS CRASH TO DESKTOP :(

Wait a minute. Please tell me the new Sharpshooter rifle will be in this :(

A gorgeous new piece of kit to go with the new camo and helmet and vest

Nor did I see in the list the L96/L115 (is there a difference?)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1244085/British-troops-new-Sharpshooter-rifle-blast-Taliban-half-mile-away.html

article-1244085-07E36CDC000005DC-375_634x330.jpg

Edited by RogueBlade

Is it just me or does that rifle look a lot like a HK-417?

Is it just me or does that rifle look a lot like a HK-417?

I does a bit but apparently performed better the the 417, I believe that the picture RogueBlade linked isn't the version of the weapon Brits use on deployment (colour wise mainly I guess). I have a feeling the rifle stock looks different too.

Nor did I see in the list the L96/L115 (is there a difference?)

L115A1 (now A3) replaced the L96, they look pretty similar though. AFAIK there is a pic of one somewhere on that czech website with tons of BAF pictures on it.

Link to pic for lazy people, Cant really tell what it is but maybe the L115A1? I dunnno.

Edited by STALKERGB

First off a BIG thanks to BIS for listening and creating some great looking UK units and hardware, yes there are some small niggles regarding pin point accuracy but im gonna buy this, no question.

Ive been with BIS since OFP in 2001 because they have consistantly delivered more than any other developer I know of. Those who have been into OFP / ARMA from day one, will know exactly what I mean. They listen and they answer. And yes they are interested in making money...I can't see the logic in the haters arguements when it come to critising a commercial company trying to make a profit. BIS provide a service and we choose to buy it...it's called economics. Would you work for free ?

The great modders this community is lucky enough to have, dont work for financial gain, but they get their rewards in the form of the buzz they get from the creative process and the praise they get from the people using their work.

@Marek and Moderators, please don't get bogged down in justifing your work to the moaners and whingers. Ive noticed too much of your time being spent doing this instead of answering some of the real interesting questions and suggestions in this thread.

Im a scouser btw, so I will be looking out for a good Liverpool accent or maybe the improved scouse engineer being able to remove all the wheels off a jackel in less than 60 seconds :D

Edited by Reen

BI should include a Takistan Helmand Style map for these guys..making it another region of Takistan they are fighting in...That'd be legit! :)

Wow Amazing! Official british forces in arma 2. i just hope that there can be a way to play with them. since most servers will be running just standard stuff.

Way i can see it being good is if, everyone has to download the new skins/weapons/vehciles and unless theyve bought them, they cant use them.

so in say warfare or domination the creators can put some of the UK Forces stuff in while people with the US stuff can still play as well.

Sight Unit Small Arms Trilux

Unless I'm completely wrong :)

You are, the reason it looks like an ACOG is because it's made by Trijicon.