Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

You don't get the point of my post.

I'm not saying that people should not post their opinions, but those with the negative and discouraging comments who judge a product before even it gets released, basing themselves on a few published lines should be ignored.

Ignoring them will make things advance in a positive way and will avoid some people here think that the british DLC is unpopular, therefore, unworthy.

Get it now?

Like anyone here, they are free to share what they think, but answering them won't make things progress objectively and clearly.

Regards,

TB

yeah, well, don't those who blindly praise it now do exactly the same thing? :confused:

there is no ignoring legitimate criticism, nor should it be ignored. critical thinking is key to improvement. mindless acceptance leads to stagnation. ;)

there are concerns and unanswered questions about the DLC. this needs to be discussed. if it's not brought up here, how would BIS now what should be addressed?

Awwwwwwww yeahhhhh

Quick question: Will the units talk in an exaggerated London accent; they always make me smile when I hear them :D

EDIT: I have another question: Will it be avaliable to buy via gamer's gate?

Suchy, Sethos, SpookLynx, FredDM, Pulverizer:

I'm sorry $10 will destroy your lives. If it will help, I will give you the money from the very little I have (can no longer work from Cystic Fibrosis).

It will be worth it to shut you up. My heart aches for BIS as they work so hard for us, and yet there are such selfish, ignorant, jerks like you who apparently love crushing people's spirits.

I do not have it in savings so will skip a couple of meals. So now you can go on about how nice this pack will be because it's free for you like you expect everthing in life. You won't need to pollute this forum, and what should have been a brilliant and happy thread.

I never complained about the price, how about you read the posts first before you bash them?

But actually talking about about the price...

It costs $10, which is about 1/4th of OA price. Doesn't seem much, but the content, roughly estimating, is only about 1/10th of OA content. I'd call this milking, and that's the idea behind DLC business model.

I'd gladly wait a year and pay a full price for another real expansion in size similar to OA, but I'll pass on the DLC.

And how much you (and all the other complainers) gonna spend this weekend on beer, food and whatever? And the next weekend and the next...

Welcome in the real world where you have to pay for goods you are using. Maybe start to realize that you can't have everything for free and that devs are humans in need for money too.

I never complained about the price, how about you read the posts first before you bash them?

But actually talking about about the price...

It costs $10, which is about 1/4th of OA price. Doesn't seem much, but the content, roughly estimating, is only about 1/10th of OA content. I'd call this milking, and that's the idea behind DLC business model.

I'd gladly wait a year and pay a full price for another real expansion in size similar to OA, but I'll pass on the DLC.

BUT . . . . .

If you look at a normal game that costs 100% of ARMA2 retail price, But has 1/10 of the content size of ARMA2, and OA is 1/4 . . . . .

I could go on and on lol But when you start comparing content to money ratios from BIS to other games, its kind of a nobrainer

IMHO

Edited by SteveJA360

I'd call this milking..

Whatever U find about the content its ok but calling paying for 10$/EU/GP milking is making your point ridiculous.

U should think the otherway around, that OA has more market value then the 30eu there asking for it. But like u mentioned if u don't like the dlc u can skip it as ill probably do to. But calling it overpriced makes u unworldly.

Imho those who complain are spoiled by other publishers/devs DLC's. They are simply afraid that BIS are doing the same with A2OA. You know - when one lemming is scared all the others are too... ;)

I'd call this milking

You paid about 30 euros on OA, or about 40 euros for CO.

You saying that 10eus for BAF is overpriced? Then skip it. No one is forcing it upon you.

But let me tell you something there, after looking over your rig specs: THAT is something i call overpriced

I am wondering what people can buy in their countries for $10? What is that...? One trip to McDonalds? A few beers in your local pub? I am pretty sure every single one of us allows himself to be 'ripped off' for a lot more, simply because we want to have whatever it is that tickles our fancy, be it that fancy shirt by that fancy designer or that awesome phone that gives you whatever extras you need to make a phonecall... Personally ,I don't feel this as BIS trying to extort or rip me off!

You saying that 10eus for BAF is overpriced? Then skip it. No one is forcing it upon you.

But let me tell you something there, after looking over your rig specs: THAT is something i call overpriced

Pufu pretty much nailed it , especially on the last sentence :) .

... and the corporate morality all disappointing.

If you find BIS "morality" disappointing it would be quite interesting to know what you think about other game/sim developers that don't provide 1/10 of the support BIS does for their released titles!?

/KC

new engineers role? hmmm interesting

i got OA for half the price of any other decent game in a shop, 8 quid isnt so bad for DLC..considering the sims prices :P

but im not so sure just yet

I'll be buying it, today I'll blow $10 on a sub and drink and chow it down in about 5 minutes.

So yeah, $10 for new Arma2 content that will entertain me for endless hours, I'm gettin it.

I'll be buying it, today I'll blow $10 on a sub and drink and chow it down in about 5 minutes.

So yeah, $10 for new Arma2 content that will entertain me for endless hours, I'm gettin it.

My point exactly!!

Sh*t the bed, that put things into prospective lol couldnt be more right if you tried :)

"YES" If it is available for GBP 3.00/EUR 4.00/USD 5.00

Edited by MJK-Ranger

British addon, lots of whinging :p

And racial Stereotyping really helps. :rolleyes:

And how much you (and all the other complainers) gonna spend this weekend on beer, food and whatever? And the next weekend and the next...

Welcome in the real world where you have to pay for goods you are using. Maybe start to realize that you can't have everything for free and that devs are humans in need for money too.

I'll spend much more this evening, but this is irrelevant and completely not my point. Let's say I buy this DLC for $10, then within a year or two another 9 of them gets released. I buy them too. After all I end up with similar amount of content that was delivered with OA, but I paid $100 for it.

Basically the DLC model goes down to "let's charge more for less and split it to tiny bits". That's why I don't support it.

The rig specs in my sig are a joke, look closer. ;)

Edited by Suchy_

Id be honored if BIS created units from my country....

id pay no worries for NZ SAS!

yeah, well, don't those who blindly praise it now do exactly the same thing? :confused:

there is no ignoring legitimate criticism, nor should it be ignored. critical thinking is key to improvement. mindless acceptance leads to stagnation. ;)

there are concerns and unanswered questions about the DLC. this needs to be discussed. if it's not brought up here, how would BIS now what should be addressed?

Sure but it's kind of hard to establish a constructive list of critics without having tested the product in question. Of course, feel free to criticize the principle of publishing the DLC... Nobody will stop you as long as you do it properly. But this would cause some unwanted consequences. Not that I'm a BIS fan-boy, they did wrong things previously (ArmA I release... etc) but the current company's policy is more than "community-friendly" and it's very rare nowadays.

Therefore, it gets all my support.

Regards,

TB

Edited by Thunderbird

This is actually a perfect example.

Can you tell me what was the impact of QG on MP?

That's quite simple : null. Zero impact. I played A2 after QG release exactly as before, on same servers without any issue. Why? Because QG wasn't that appealing, only for a few.

Guess what will happen with a DLC targetting a specific subset of community?

Oh yeah? I wish it was so for me, but it was the complete opposite. ACE mod required Queen's Gambit. Finmod required Queen's Gambit. My favourite server X required Queen's Gambit and so did my favourite server Y...

And that would make up 100% of the single and multi I cared to play in ArmA. So, the game was 100% broken for me unless I shelled the cash to buy Queen's Gambit. Which was pure garbage and absolutely not worth the price IMO.

Edited by Pulverizer

It's not about the price as much as issues such as this:

If everyone buy and play it, it will be a nightmare to find a game online if you don't buy it.

If nobody uses it online, then buying it is rather pointless since you won't be using it anyway.

If some servers run it and some servers don't, you have the community split again and you need to choose if you want to be with the 1/2 that bought it or the 1/2 that didn't (again, that's not even considering the "do I want to pay for it" issue yet).

I'm still waiting to see the "solid plan" to handle this as it seems like in each one of the above possibilities bad things happen :( I want to be able to actually have a choice whether I think it's worth it or not, rather than practically have to buy or not buy it based on what other people are doing.