British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

Yeah, nobody's forcing me to buy it. Unless I want to keep playing multiplayer proper that is. Then I'm forced to buy it.

Not necessarily:

How will NON-DLC users be handled? Would be a shame if servers became unusable by others due to them running this DLC. Then we will have more divisions between Vanilla / ACE / DLC.
We have a solid plan to address this problem.

Do you have a clue Pulverizer????

I have a raging clue. You would not believe the size of the clue I'm having right now, dude.

Yeah, nobody's forcing me to buy it. Unless I want to keep playing multiplayer proper that is. Then I'm forced to buy it.

BIS said that they have a solid plan regarding the multiplayer aspect of the DLC ...

On the pricing issue :

I bet most of the persons who complain , spend more then 10 $ / euros / pounds a week on minor things . The content/price ratio is good compared to other DLC and if you don't see this , please remove the golden stick that you have up your a** .

I am not british , but I am very excited about this :) !

Triberoots, "patches will have to be paid for in future"... What? The patches are free, the content is not. You know that right? I can't actually think of any companies that have survived expecting users to pay for bug fixes.

wat?

The engine improvements and fixes are coming out as free patches leaving the DLC completely optional.:j:

Hmm, I hope you are right; playable content (maps, troops etc.) as DLC is fine while technical improvements should be made availlable to all via free patch unless you want the community become even more fragmented than it allready is.

Are you kidding?

Yes i am !

And for you... think about Editing-Tools:

How many Guys from the Modder-Community are or have been working for Bohemia Interactive?

Triberoots, "patches will have to be paid for in future"... What? The patches are free, the content is not. You know that right? I can't actually think of any companies that have survived expecting users to pay for bug fixes.

Dude didnt you read about Engineimprovements....?

Isnt that usualy something for a Patch 1.05.. or 1.06 ?

Dude didnt you read about Engineimprovements....?
Hmm, I hope you are right; playable content (maps, troops etc.) as DLC is fine while technical improvements should be made availlable to all via free patch unless you want the community become even more fragmented than it allready is.

Considering the example set by this DLC, I think it's safe to say that engine changes will remain free:

All engine improvements developed for A2: BAF will be released to all users in free game update/patch and BAF will use it from the updated main game executable directly (note that it does not mean all our previous official content will get proper configuration to use it...)

In other words, the engine improvements provided with this DLC will be included for free in the game, so 3rd party addons can make use of them without requiring the DLC.

I read about engine improvements yes, I ALSO read about the same improvements being released in a free patch for people that don't buy the DLC.

3/10, try again.

In other words, the engine improvements provided with this DLC will be included for free in the game, so 3rd party addons can make use of them.

Okay thanks for the Info! Sorry bout my last Post Guys

Come to think of it, would there be any legal issue in copypasting the configurations from the DLC units, only replacing all the models and sounds with user-made content? (like a free BAF-compatibility addon, that bypasses the need for official BAF DLC?)

FFS, its only 9 €!.. and its not like every single server out there will host missions with the BAF content all the time.

I find it interesting that some members of the community think they can see the future. :j:

Enough speculation without any evidence to back it up please. It makes you all sound like idiots.

Yes i am !

And for you... think about Editing-Tools:

How many Guys from the Modder-Community are or have been working for Bohemia Interactive?

You still wouldn't have all the free addons from the community if it weren't for BIS releasing the tools for free. BIS cant go on working on this game, the only game they make really, without either making a new version of the game each year which no one wants or making DLC for a reasonable price that fits into the current game. Companies dont run on dreams...

FFS, its only 9 €!.. and its not like every single server out there will host missions with the BAF content all the time.

Yeah it's 9 euros now. If you buy into it, who's to say they don't come up with 6 different DLC packs 6 months later, 9 euros each?

That's the thing about DLC... you can never be sure of the hidden costs.

I see you are unable to comprehend what I'm saying. Thanks for reading anyway.

The difference with mods is that they're free. The DLC will no doubt be adopted by my favourite servers, making me unable to play the game in the way I want to, unless I pay more. Therefore, I'm forced to buy it, or find better hobbies.

Well, that's the same story with OA isn't it? If all your favorite servers move over to OA you are forced to buy the new optional content. So OA also should have been free?

Okay my last Post here, are my Thougts for the Future, even if some Guys here think its not interesting for some other Peops to share those....

If a Mod like ACE splits the Community, this is one Thing...

But if the Creators force that, its a shame...

Over n OUT

Yeah it's 9 euros now. If you buy into it, who's to say they don't come up with 6 different DLC packs 6 months later, 9 euros each?

That's the thing about DLC... you can never be sure of the hidden costs.

And whats your point? That BI should just work for free? They do work for a living you know...

Also I'm quite sure there will be enough servers not running any dlc;)

pulveriser, no offense, but what the hell are you whining about?

How will NON-DLC users be handled? Would be a shame if servers became unusable by others due to them running this DLC. Then we will have more divisions between Vanilla / ACE / DLC.
We have a solid plan to address this problem.

Please read my previous 5-6 posts if you truely want to understand my point. Thank you.

To avoid misunderstanding though, my point is not that BI should work for free. I am not insane.

Okay my last Post here, are my Thougts for the Future, even if some Guys here think its not interesting for some other Peops to share those....

Over n OUT

Nobody is splitting the community ... What do you expect BIS to do ? Stop making games just because some people wont buy them ?

Are we still talking about this community splitting rubbish :) ?

Over n OUT

The creators haven't forced anyone to buy the content. No one 'forces' me to install ACE despite the fact that a number of great missions have gone with that mod.

The community is not split. People adapt get over it.

pulveriser, no offense, but what the hell are you whining about?

Fool me once et cetera. I'm only assuming the worst, based on previous experiences (namely the Queen's Gambit rip-off).