1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

NICE! Finally new fractions coming to ARMA 2

Addon:

Oh My GOSH!! 26th August is my birthday [15th birthday lol! Check my profile]

That's a negative. While some of the BAF content is created based upon heavily updated VBS content, most of it is brand new. Also, VBS level of graphics is generally much lower than Arma 2 level.

Same here, Im confused why all the content from VBS doesnt get converted to Arma2, because thats all this British DLC is!

Wow, these BIS fanboys have extremely short fuses. I thought the 13 year olds talking trash about consoles could be vicious but oh boy!

I've purchased every OfP +Arma game from Resistance to Queens Gambit, correct me if I'm wrong but BiS has never given anything away for free. I don't understand why they are worshiped as if they were gods.

This franchise was built by the community based additions. I like BIS, I like their games but I'm not going to worship them like they are John Jones and they have the magic elixir to enter heaven, seemingly like some people here are.

Anyway to get back on topic, I just spent $40 bucks on the expansion, yes I'm a little miffed that just a month later this'll gets released, hence my tentativeness to engage my wallet and take evasive action.

I don't think anyone here considers BIS Gods. I personally see this DLC as blessing since it'll add to what addon makers can use when making new units. Yes a lot of them use their own custom models and textures, but some of them just do retextures or beginners use BIS models as a base.

I'm holding off on this DLC for two reasons.

1. I want to see what the reviews are like.

2. I have a few other games on my wish list I'd like to have first.

There's no reason for your hostility towards a group of people who put the gamer first instead of releasing a shitty product and not giving a damn about the gamer. (i.e. OFP2 DR) Good Job Maruk and BIS for putting the gamer first.

And it's Jim Jones, not John Jones. :p

Edited by Big Mac

I don't think anyone here considers BIS Gods. I personally see this DLC as blessing since it'll add to what addon makers can use when making new units. Yes a lot of them use their own custom models and textures, but some of them just do retextures or beginners use BIS models as a base.

I'm holding off on this DLC for two reasons.

1. I want to see what the reviews are like.

2. I have a few other games on my wish list I'd like to have first.

There's no reason for your hostility towards a group of people who put the gamer first instead of releasing a shitty product and not giving a damn about the gamer. (i.e. OFP2 DR) Good Job Maruk and BIS for putting the gamer first.

And it's Jim Jones, not John Jones. :p

I was about to write a similar rebuttal, but you got there first. ;)

The people Sheps refers to as "fanboys" are quite simply those who don't have a completely cynical view of the world and are actually ready to give BIS the benefit of the doubt. Nobody here "worships" them, but some find it necessary to argue on their behalf when some ignorant jackasses come along spouting bullshit out of every orifice.

Also, as for BIS "never giving anything away for free":

OFP: several weapons and vehicles included in patches (AH-64, Sopwith Camel, G-36, Steyr etc.)

ArmA: Warfare game mode, new infantry units

Arma2: AH-64D, EW

EDIT: Oh, and not to forget four years of free updates for OFP, three years for ArmA and ongoing patch support for Arma2.

Edited by MadDogX

BIS does a lot for the community and vice versa. I admire Maruk for his grace under pressure when dealing with these people. It's sad that one of the few dev teams that actually wants to please it's customers as well as make money is treated in such a manner.

correct me if I'm wrong but BiS has never given anything away for free.

:smiley-grimmace:

Ok, here you go...

Operation Flashpoint:

* Three free updates containing the following were released long time before much of the addon making community existed:

G36, Steyr Aug, MM-1 Rotary grenade launcher, Laser Designator, Bizon silenced Sub machinegun, 6G-30 rotary grenade launcher, Kozlice hunting rifle. AH-64A Apache, OH-58D Kiowa Warrior, CH-47 Chinnok, A-10 with laser guided bombs, HMMWV, M2A2 Bradley, M163 Vulcan, BRDM-2, BMP-2, Su-25 and Trabant and most of all the allmighty Sopwith Camel

OFP: Resistance

* G-17, a revolver, M-10 submachine gun, resistance sniper, a revolver-wielding pilot, a civilian bicycle and mini car. Two new mp modes.

Arma 1

* New USMC units

* Warfare MP

Arma 2

* Apache

* New bonus campaign Eagle Wing

And what about the editing tools, sample models, even the entire content of Arma 1 provided in source form as free download? I am afraid you completely understimate BIS role in this wonderful community....

You are :welcome:

Edited by Maruk

I think it's hilarious that people have their panties in a twist over this DLC. All you get are some units and vehicles, at a reasonable price. As Maruk said, all of the improvements are being incorporated into regular OA first via patch.

It's only 10$ and only divides the community as much as any other addon. (Like RKSL, PUKF, BWmod, etc.) Those opposed to this DLC, should also be opposed to these mods because they "cause major rifts in the community".

And why would you get mad at BIS for trying to generate money that would be injected back into the community in the form of the patches you want them to be making?!?!

Edit:

I'm not buying it, I have no interest, or use, for a whole bunch of Brittish stuff.

Edited by b00ce

Arma 1

* New USMC units

* Warfare MP

*Gasp* :eek:

You forgot the T-72 for RACS!

Of all the people to forget that, I never thought it would be BI's CEO. :p

Oh yes, and thanks for all the wonderful free stuff! I'll happily pay $10 for this.

I will probably get this in the same manner I bought the Killing Floor skin packs. They added free stuff to the game (Arma wise modding isnt locked to validate DLC. Which is a really important point, I think) and DLCs like these. Even if the content didnt really hit you that well it will ensure longer patch support.

However, if they improved game play features, like OA weapon recoil and other smaller stuff that enhanced OA over A2, it would validate the DLC more for me than just "supporting future paths", so to speak. Getting stuff like that "Vanilla" is great.

Didnt really read the DLC stuff, but I seem to have noticed something about better BK (mortar) support control or something like that, which sounds fun.

Wow, these BIS fanboys have extremely short fuses. I thought the 13 year olds talking trash about consoles could be vicious but oh boy!

I've purchased every OfP +Arma game from Resistance to Queens Gambit, correct me if I'm wrong but BiS has never given anything away for free. I don't understand why they are worshiped as if they were gods.

This franchise was built by the community based additions. I like BIS, I like their games but I'm not going to worship them like they are John Jones and they have the magic elixir to enter heaven, seemingly like some people here are.

Anyway to get back on topic, I just spent $40 bucks on the expansion, yes I'm a little miffed that just a month later this'll gets released, hence my tentativeness to engage my wallet and take evasive action.

Yess.... we worship BIS........Everynight I pray to Maruk and the rest of the BIS gods asking for their blessings in killing all infidels in Armaverse... :eek::eek::eek:

ALL HAIL mighty BIS GODS....

Seriously, what's up with all these arguments...like it buy it, don't like it get the mods... No one losses....

I'm happy to buy any content to help further development of ArmA 2 and BIS's future games. Heck, I'm even going to buy that Carrier Command game and just hope that it helps the possibility for ArmA 3 or Game 3. ;)

Anyway, I can't wait for this. Finally will have some units of my own country to play with, like the Germans and Czechs (and taliban? if they play OA). :D

To me this DLC seems to add another factions which other games company will consider an expansion... so YES ...I'll buy it, but if BIS would to give us a mystery bonus item... that makes it more exciting.. :yay:

The perfect mystery bonus item:

"In 2009, there were 7,228 improvised explosive device (IED) attacks in Afghanistan, a 120% increase over 2008, and a record for the war. Of the 512 foreign soldiers killed in 2009, 448 were killed in action. 280 of those were killed by IED's."

Seen on Wikipedia.

------

edit: They already have IED tech in VBS2. Opportunity to port the code over?

Edited by KaBoNG

@Maruk be aware many of us are genuinly excited and cant wait to get our virtual paws on this, your always going to get the nay-sayers. Theres an easy solutuion to this, get some cotton wool stick it in your ears and go la-la-la-la for a month till its released, then we shall say what is sayed by the nay-sayers.

As member of this community and a user for many years i am very dissapointed in the general behaviour and atitude of so called mature players. Maruks team has brought us a new toy to play with so before bashing it/whining about price and make really hysterical rants why dont you do the following:

1: chill the hell out

2: buy it

3: play it

4: pass comment

5: sit back and wait for more to come

6: STOP acting like a bunch of 12 years having a fight over whos mom makes he best apple pie sheesh guys this is embarrasing to watch.

7: No one is forcing you to buy it, the choice is urs.

also on a final note The CEO of the company comes on our community site to talk and discuss your problems ergo becoming part of the community. Now look at games like Silent Hunter 5 what support have they where is it going(down the train new patches in the future or support) in a sense as a community were lucky to have people who will get involved, who will tell you the truth even when you dont want to hear it. So guys Cut Maruk and his lads some slack grow up be patient and enjoy yet another addition to our fun and remember people it i supposed to be fun.

Edited by Rogue_Trooper
spelling

Completely off topic, but i played the OA demo a bit last night, played US, and i gotta say them models were friggn bootiful!... BIS have obviously stepped up their game there, so if i was a British fan i wouldnt hesitate to pay $10, thats a pint of beer and a packet of chips.

I like running Opfor (whatever) the other guys, the underdogs, or i like to think off them as freedom fighters! anyway a little disappointed in the militia models, especially the hands, they still dnt fit around the SVD correctly and feel like they obviously havent had much love put into them as they are pretty much there as targets for the pretty boys and their fancy scopes.

I hope their will be other factions available in future, because if the level of detail put into the US can be put into others, then id sacrifice a pint or 2 for the endless hours of enjoyment i get.

And im not a fanboy till they give us a real editor where i dont need to be albert einscript to make cool complex scenarios!

@Maruk be aware many of us are genuinly exited and cant wait to get our virtual paws on this, your always goign to get the nay-sayers. Theres an easy solutuion to this get some cotton wool stick it in your ears and go la-la-la-la for a month till its released then we shall say what is sayed by the nay-sayers.

As member of this community and a user for many years i am very dissapointed in the general behavious and attitude of so called mature players Maruks team has brought us a new toy to play with so before bashing it/whining about price and make really hysterical rants why dont you do the following:

6: STOP acting like a bunch of 12 years having a fight over whos mom makes he best apple pie sheesh guys this is embarrasing to watch.

agreed 10 bucks is one trip to Arby's. Im getting it.

NICE! Finally new fractions coming to ARMA 2

Yes, now it does quarters and as well as halves and thirds. :yay:

I'm very much looking forward to the release of this DLC but I am puzzled (like many other people) by the lack of MBT for the UK. I really hope that BIS are not saving other country's MBTs for another DLC in the future. Challenger 2 really should be in this pack if only to add a little bit more immersion for those MP games where a squad wants to play as UK vs Russia or something like that without having to ask the US for armoured support :)

correct me if I'm wrong but BiS has never given anything away for free

You're wrong ? edit : nevermind, look at previous page.

Oh great, now the US forces will have to protect more than just civilians now.

And more opportunities for Blue on Blue, isn't that great my dear Team America ?. I didn't know British bashing was the new French bashing...

Edited by EricM

Yes, now it does quarters and as well as halves and thirds. :yay:

I'm very much looking forward to the release of this DLC but I am puzzled (like many other people) by the lack of MBT for the UK. I really hope that BIS are not saving other country's MBTs for another DLC in the future. Challenger 2 really should be in this pack if only to add a little bit more immersion for those MP games where a squad wants to play as UK vs Russia or something like that without having to ask the US for armoured support :)

This I agree, Challenger 2 should be included to let the UK faction has their MBT to let it be a complete faction... Sounds and looks weird to have UK forces and then US MBT coming to rescue.....:D

This I agree, Challenger 2 should be included to let the UK faction has their MBT to let it be a complete faction. Sounds and looks weird to have UK forces and then US MBT coming to rescue.

Happened plenty of times with the German KSK units. :p

And more opportunities for Blue on Blue, isn't that great my dear GI-JOE (or is it Team America ?)

Hey Eric there giving GI's special "dont shoot here tags" and special"oh shit i shot a friendly" glasses and the new T-shirt on the range "US - 1 Rest of world - Target painted on chest "

Great news, 10$ to improve the best and the only military simulation on the market. Worth every penny.

giving GI's special "dont shoot here tags" and special"oh shit i shot a friendly" glasses and the new T-shirt on the range "US - 1 Rest of world - Target painted on chest "

Oh, then I guess it's fair enough...

@Maruk be aware many of us are genuinly excited and cant wait to get our virtual paws on this, your always going to get the nay-sayers. Theres an easy solutuion to this, get some cotton wool stick it in your ears and go la-la-la-la for a month till its released, then we shall say what is sayed by the nay-sayers.

As member of this community and a user for many years i am very dissapointed in the general behaviour and atitude of so called mature players. Maruks team has brought us a new toy to play with so before bashing it/whining about price and make really hysterical rants why dont you do the following:

7: No one is forcing you to buy it, the choice is urs.

also on a final note The CEO of the company comes on our community site to talk and discuss your problems ergo becoming part of the community. Now look at games like Silent Hunter 5 what support have they where is it going(down the train new patches in the future or support) in a sense as a community were lucky to have people who will get involved, who will tell you the truth even when you dont want to hear it. So guys Cut Maruk and his lads some slack grow up be patient and enjoy yet another addition to our fun and remember people it i supposed to be fun.

What this guy said...... plus

Im an ex British squadie and this gives me a hardon!

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

My offer still stands! If BIS create british units i will go to the BIS office and give them one of my Gran's AMAZING cakes!!

Oh SHIT!

Ok then guys where is the BIS office then, PM me while i go book holiday of work . . . .