British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

Thankfully only a few, the responses I've read here are overwhelmingly positive. Just remember folks, if it should turn out to be unencrypted, don't pass it around, we want BI motivated to further expand the Armaverse with top quality content.

Oh, I'm sure I can and will shell out 9€ for the DLC.

And I honestly don't care what the community or other people decide to do.

It's each man and womans own decision.

I decide to buy, enjoy and not share it.

Sharing it the wrong way, I mean.

What other people decide to do does not matter to me.

I have no trouble at all with paying for BIS-developed DLC. The $10.00 price is more than fair for what they are offering in the BAF pack.

The other important aspect of moving to a micro-transaction model is that we are all assured of ongoing engine development, including new features. Along the way, BIS is also highly incented to fix the bugs as they go, otherwise there is no market for the DLC. There is a clear future for the Arma franchise with this approach.

We all win with this model - I think they should have done it sooner (and, in fact, suggested this in a PM to Suma some time ago as a way to get some of the VBS/VBS2 tech deployed on the Arma series).

Edited by KaBoNG

Firstly - a traditional Brit "Good Show, old chap!" to Maruk for rucking in and answering questions - as usual...

Personally I'm delighted by the news of this new Brits package!

How much does it cost? £7 or so??? thats less than a pack and a half of cigarettes!!! - Two Beers!

... Dignity-level pricing...

How anyone could hesitate for a moment before purchasing it is beyond me, frankly...

As far as I'm concerned, anything released by BIS is "core game"...

B

Will the British troops come with 2 camo versions 1 green 1 desert? or are they coming only in 1 camo scheme? Cause it would be nice to play them in another islands.

Why bis dosent do a big dlc with the complete (when I mean complete I say like bluefor right now lots of units) british army for like 20 €?

That would be awesome!!!

And what would be the plan for who ever dosent want the dlc, to chose only opfor!!! :bounce3:

Any word on whether Aussies/NZ's would be incorporated aswell, as throughout the years, whenever British army is deployed, we get dragged along too. :p

As from the words of Rommel himself to a captured British soldier prior to D-Day, "The british are actually fighting this time?", "what do you mean sir?", "well, they usually get the Australian's or New Zealander's to fight for them" haha.

Edited by the_antipop

Will the British troops come with 2 camo versions 1 green 1 desert? or are they coming only in 1 camo scheme? Cause it would be nice to play them in another islands.

Read the press release (or the first post in this thread):

"Modern British troops in multi-terrain, desert and woodland camouflage"

Any word on whether Aussies/NZ's would be incorporated aswell, as throughout the years, whenever British army is deployed, we get dragged along too. :p

As from the words of Rommel himself to a captured British soldier prior to D-Day, "The british are actually fighting this time?", "what do you mean sir?", "well, they usually get the Australian's or New Zealander's to fight for them" haha.

"1: 3, target. that. man. at. 11. o'clock....mate"

"3: Roger....mate"

"1: Go. I'm. Covering....mate"

"1: 3, target. that. man. at. 11. o'clock....mate"

"3: Roger....mate"

"1: Go. I'm. Covering....mate"

They could piece together Steve Irwin clips for the audio. ;)

"1: Whoa, mate, would ya getta loada that Sheila? Ain't she a beaut!"

"3: Yeah, bonzer mate! She'd make a dead man crack a fat, for sure."

Edited by KaBoNG

Currency is just a guide for those who are too lazy to look it up on google... :p

Yet for online transactions, it's always better to use USD as GBP and EURO is always slightly more in exchange rates. Why 1 want to pay more when they can get it with lesser buck spent?

Unless it's geographically specific... Anyway will wait till the day the DLC comes out to find out....

To me this DLC seems to add another factions which other games company will consider an expansion... so YES ...I'll buy it, but if BIS would to give us a mystery bonus item... that makes it more exciting.. :yay:

Totally awesome!

100% getting this!!!

They could piece togther Steve Irwin clips for the audio. ;)

"1: Whoa, mate, would ya getta loada that Sheila? Ain't she a beaut!"

"3: Yeah, bonzer mate! She'd make a dead man crack a fat, for sure."

Hahhahahaa.

I probably won't play it much, but just for the availability I'll probably end up buying this. I'd like to know more about the engine improvements... if they are limited just to this DLC... then I will be buying it just for that.

So far it just sounds like Queens Gambit... but with better content. :p

Wow, these BIS fanboys have extremely short fuses. I thought the 13 year olds talking trash about consoles could be vicious but oh boy!

I've purchased every OfP +Arma game from Resistance to Queens Gambit, correct me if I'm wrong but BiS has never given anything away for free. I don't understand why they are worshiped as if they were gods.

This franchise was built by the community based additions. I like BIS, I like their games but I'm not going to worship them like they are John Jones and they have the magic elixir to enter heaven, seemingly like some people here are.

Anyway to get back on topic, I just spent $40 bucks on the expansion, yes I'm a little miffed that just a month later this'll gets released, hence my tentativeness to engage my wallet and take evasive action.

Wow, these BIS fanboys have extremely short fuses. I thought the 13 year olds talking trash about consoles could be vicious but oh boy!

I've purchased every OfP +Arma game from Resistance to Queens Gambit, correct me if I'm wrong but BiS has never given anything away for free. I don't understand why they are worshiped as if they were gods.

This franchise was built by the community based additions. I like BIS, I like their games but I'm not going to worship them like they are John Jones and they have the magic elixir to enter heaven, seemingly like some people here are.

Anyway to get back on topic, I just spent $40 bucks on the expansion, yes I'm a little miffed that just a month later this'll gets released, hence my tentativeness to engage my wallet and take evasive action.

Same here, Im confused why all the content from VBS doesnt get converted to Arma2, because thats all this British DLC is!

Considering im Australian, when will I see an Aussie DLC? (I would buy that)

yes I'm a little miffed that just a month later this'll gets released, hence my tentativeness to engage my wallet and take evasive action.

Just two months later to be fair.

If you don't want the Brits and enhanced arty and Engineering, don't get it. No big deal. If this was something stupid like a flying horse (WoW) or 20 minutes of gameplay (Dragon Age) or stupid Zombies (pretty much every other game's DLC) then I could see being pissed, but this one is stuffed with awesome looking content. Much better than $15 for maps you already have, repeatedly, like some games sell you.

Oh great, now the US forces will have to protect more than just civilians now.

Hahhahahaa.

I probably won't play it much, but just for the availability I'll probably end up buying this. I'd like to know more about the engine improvements... if they are limited just to this DLC... then I will be buying it just for that.

So far it just sounds like Queens Gambit... but with better content. :p

but i like ma dc3

Edited by Fox '09

Anyone know any good sites where you could buy this with visa electron? ^^

Words from BIS:

Both free and paid DLC is planned for A2OA. It will be distributed through different online channels. We've always given a lot of content to our community for free, however, we would like to see if there is interest from our users to fund development of higher quality and more complex packages. Fundamentally, the situation of the PC market in general, and sales of our products in particular, limits our ability to produce new content funded by the income from sales of the core game alone, as we have done in the past. We understand that this is a sensitive topic to some of our users; however, I suggest to not start any flame wars: if someone does not like to pay for DLC, the easiest thing is to simply not buy it.

I also hate when people complain about DLC that is released a few months after the game release and they feel like they have the right to get it with the game since they already shelled out money for the game. BIS is developing it and they have a right to sell it 1 day to years after the game's launch. You aren't entitled to receiving it with the game for free. BIS can price and release it however they wish, it's their work.

People then might say, "oh they're just getting units from VBS." Have you seen the units in VBS? They sure aren't as spiffy as the ones that BIS is going to be selling/giving us. If they do use any units from VBS, they work on them a lot more to be more detailed. The military isn't as picky as some of you out there. As BIS said, "if someone does not like to pay for DLC, the easiest thing is to simply not buy it." Can't get much easier than that.

Edited by Nicholas

Pretty sure BIS most likely bought the models from UKF and improved upon them :p if I was UKF I would be very proud.
Support the modder is my motto. It looks good, but I'm going to hold off on buying it. Nothing against BIS or the DLC. If I hear good reviews about the campaign then I'll reconsider, but for now I'm going to wait and see. Edited by Big Mac

Oh great, now the US forces will have to protect more than just civilians now.

True...Very true...:D

Im confused why all the content from VBS doesnt get converted to Arma2
I wouldn't mind having some of the nice little goodies VBS2 has in ArmA2, but that's up to BIS.