1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

When did FSX create DLC?

They had an expansion pack, sure, but it was never classed as DLC

Do you know what DLC means? Downloadable Content. There is plenty of downloadable content for FSX (And other Flight Sims) that is available both free and paid. Do some searching. It's best to keep this thread on topic, so I'd prefer if you'd PM me about this instead.

Heck, all of the addons currently available for OFP, ArmA, ArmA II, and Operation Arrowhead can be classed as DLC as you download it and it adds content to the game.

Edited by Nicholas

Do you know what DLC means? Downloadable Content. There is plenty of downloadable content for FSX (And other Flight Sims) that is available both free and paid. Do some searching. It's best to keep this thread on topic, so I'd prefer if you'd PM me about this instead.

Yes but most ( all ) is made by third party, so how is that even a comparison? This DLC is made by BIS, not third party.

Ok I'm a self confessed rivet/stitch counter especially when it comes to UK military kit so I do admit to having some misgivings regards certain aspects of the unit and weapon models as portrayed in the BAF DLC. That as it may be I am still going to buy it as along with the improvements OA has already introduced those offered in the DLC can only add to it further, especially when as already pointed out I can mix and match BIS models with 3rd party stuff. I reckon the BIS British kit mixed with UKPF, RKSL and StalkerGB offerings will create quite a pleasing cocktail.

As for paying for the DLC? Well I paid money for the Red Hammer and Resistance updates for Op Flash and they would be delivered as DLC rfather than on CD these days I'm sure.

45151554.jpg

Royal Marines from 40 Commando on patrol in the Sangin area of Afghanistan are pictured (left) with the newly introduced L129A1 Sharpshooter 7.62mm rifle and (right) an L85A2 assault rifle. Both Marines are wearing newly issued Mk7 helmets and Mk8 Osprey body armour and are dressed in Multi Terrain Pattern (MTP) camouflage.

http://www.defenceimagedatabase.mod.uk/fotoweb/Grid.fwx

Edited by Tarnish

Yes but most ( all ) is made by third party, so how is that even a comparison? This DLC is made by BIS, not third party.

You do realize what I initially posted about right? Some person on here was complaining that they have to pay for it and they've never had to for PC games. I was posting examples of DLC. DLC doesn't have to be made by the original publisher. DLC = downloadable content and that's that.

AS I said, PLEASE keep it on topic and respond to me via PM instead. Reporting posts as off-topic...

Awesome! All that for just $10??? I'll definitely be purchasing this!

Umm, BF2 DLC, COD DLC, GTA DLC, and Microsoft Flight Simulator X DLC are just some examples. It's always been that way...not sure where the heck you have been..

actually DLC is a relativly new thing (even on consoles) that's only been going for the last 5 years, BF2 being probably the first. But even BF2 had its released as expansion discs for those that cant buy online :p

Mods are different to 'DLC',

I hope BIS does a DVD release once they've released all of their planned DLC's.

Edited by RicoADF

Thanks BI for this DLC. Will definitely try it because I like the UK troops and their calmness during a firefight LOOL they still say thanks and please under fire, which other nation does that LOL. With this DLC no hassle to use these troops as they are officially supported.

All engine improvements developed for A2: BAF will be released to all users in free game update/patch and BAF will use it from the updated main game executable directly (note that it does not mean all our previous official content will get proper configuration to use it...)

Thanks for the info.

As for the DLC, there's simply not enough time to do a campaign of Arma2 length, as some guys here expect, I don't think it will be longer than Eagle Wings. If BIS somehow pulled this off and delivered a campaign of at least OA lenght, then hell yeah I'm buying it right away, as it would be closer to a proper expansion than simple DLC addon. It won't happen though and so far I'm not going to support the idea behind DLCs. Anyway in this case it's still way ahead of ME2's new helmet or horse armor for Oblivion.

I think you have been asked that before and I ask you again: From where you have the information that the campaign won't be longer than the Eagle Wing one?

Please stop spreading your fancy ideas here as truth while no one except BIS knows how many missions the campaign has. Or are you part of dev team and no one knows yet?

I think you have been asked that before and I ask you again: From where you have the information that the campaign won't be longer than the Eagle Wing one?

Please stop spreading your fancy ideas here as truth while no one except BIS knows how many missions the campaign has. Or are you part of dev team and no one knows yet?

This is my personal opinion, I don't believe it will be any longer (I hope I'm wrong though). Never said otherwise.

Im kinda glad that the DLC is not a complete faction, It would give us the chance to call in danger close airstrikes from our very friendly allied aircraft :-D

This content is going to create a whole new immersion level to the game :-D

As far as the mini campaign, I think it will be roughly the same lenght as the OA one. My reasoning behind this is, We are going to pay for this whereas we didnt have to pay for EW

I will be buying the BAF DLC, however there are a few queries I hope BIS or the community can clear up for me:

1) Jackal and Warrior. Does this mean that the £8 + VAT I am plying is going to buy me 2 vehicals? I know there are troops and weapons, but I hope there will be more vehicals. Will there be any more or is that all the Brits are getting? Just a thought, like some MAN support trucks, or the brit MBT Challenger II, or a Mastiff, comon, afghan based game and no mastiff for the brits?

2) Re-texture of the Chinook/Apache. Again along witht he Lynx and Merlin, is this all we are getting? Surely BIS could give us our own version of the Apache and Chinook if were paying £8. Just thinking if we will be getting soem fixed wing brits or not?

Schancky

Edited by Schancky

As far as the mini campaign, I think it will be roughly the same lenght as the OA one. My reasoning behind this is, We are going to pay for this whereas we didnt have to pay for EW

The main difference here though, is that we aren't really paying for the campaign, we are paying for the units. :)

*Joke*

That will be over quickly.

"Sir they are attacking, what do we do?!"

"I dont know, i give up"

Com'on Raven, not you...

0014.gif

Wow this looks great, just wish there would be the Panther CLV, some trucks and a Challenger, maybe we will get them in some later free patch? Also I wonder what would be the next dlc army, maybe German, France, Russian just thinking loud :D

You got it right. I'd buy this DLC as I'm far interested by the brits. But truthfully, my hopes regarding a french DLC thingies like this are grand. The french community is getting bigger every day, and I'm more than convinced that a french DLC pack containing french troops, gear, vehicles and aircrafts will meet the awaited success here.

And not only here, also for all those "happy-white-flag-setter"s hoping to set a white a flag to every french soldier.

white-flag-25.gif

Regards,

TB

Also judging from the pics (Modified Warrior turret, Lynx Wildcat etc) this is set in the near future 2015+, why have SUSATs? The entire British Military is switching to ACOG variants.

? I thought they were going with the ELCAN Specter?

Oh, er, Nice one BIS!

:D

Edited by Stag

hmmm you also get engine improvements and a new single player campaign and perhaps a few scenarios.

Sounds like a good deal.

Is this a digital buy only or can u buy this at the stores?

Doesn't jump out to me, anything you can get from this has already been made by the community

This may be so but this is offical BIS made addons so more people might get it.

I do think the cost would have been ok If they had a new map with it.

btw the screen shots of the new stuff looks really nice

Edited by R71

Looks sick Bohemia, I do appreciate that you put out skins for woodland so we can use the units logically in Chernarus and Utes. I'd pay a buck or two for reskins of the already existing US Army, KSK, and ACR units as well.

After skimming through the threads, no offence, but some of you are very ungrateful. BIS are not only making kick-a** games, they are doing so very efficiently, releasing mod tools, downloadable content and fixing up bugs on a daily basis. Then, leaving trust in us.

Not only that, the CEO is here posting, and yet, some of you are still not happy. So im just going to say, go on BIS; everything looks awsome!

I just don't like the way the ammount of money im gonna have to spend is pilling up... lol :(

Thanks BI for this DLC. Will definitely try it because I like the UK troops and their calmness during a firefight LOOL they still say thanks and please under fire, which other nation does that LOL. With this DLC no hassle to use these troops as they are officially supported.

LOL thanks and please, I wonder if BIS included voiceovers for this.

"Changing magazines! Please watch my back"

"Thanks for the serious wound"

"Please target the enemy man to the West, thank you"

"Wounded! fix me please"

"Please make me a cup of tea, thanks"

LOL thanks and please, I wonder if BIS included voiceovers for this.

"Changing magazines! Please watch my back"

"Thanks for the serious wound"

"Please target the enemy man to the West, thank you"

"Wounded! fix me please"

"Please make me a cup of tea, thanks"

Not enough Fs there :p

Not enough Fs there :p

'Fs' only begins to cover it from what I've heard. :p

Purposely leaving stuff out of Arrowhead and then selling it as DLC? I honestly thought much better of BIS. $10 for a handful of new troops, cars and heli's?

I'll stick to the community based addons. Thanks, but I'll pass.

What would make me REALLY make me EAGER to give you $10 would be if it broke Steam dependency.

There is no Steam dependency for ArmA2 or OA. Buy the disc version and never worry about Steam again. Order in the next 17 minutes and get it tomorrow! :yay:

Also, still waiting on BIS confirmation about that "Enhanced Engineer abilities" means please. :)