British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

I'm definitely getting this the day it comes out!

Probably gonna skip this one. If it was full British Armed Forces addon with everything British Army need to fight war on their own like tanks, trucks, assault and transport helis I would gladly pay 20-30 euros for it. Hell, even more if ArmA2-sized campaign and SP/MP missions were included. But that would make it rather full-size expansion I suppose :).

Same would go for Bundeswehr, JSDF, IDF or PLA official expansion. Imagine WW3 scenario, no beating poorly equipped guerillas but full-scale war between most powerful armies, RF Army invading Europe, PLA fighting Russian-American alliance (Force 21 anyone?), conflict between PLA and JSDF

But I think I got ahead of myself:p

Long story short: With X-BOX HUGE game small-size DLC just won't do:D

The only thing they don't have from your list is the tank. They have trucks, assault (Apache), and transport helicopters (Chinook, Merlin, Lynx). EDIT: maybe not trucks. I don't see mention of them not that I think about it. Then again they could always release the other stuff in a normal patch.

Can't believe what I'm reading here in this thread since I saw it earlier this afternoon..

I reckon I could give some of you free women, booze and a slap up meal in a 5 star hotel and you would still find something to complain about..

If you don't like DLC, UK kit and equipment, or the fact that BIS has somehow let you down and it's the end of the world, then why not just leave the community, and the game that has probably given you countless hours of enjoyment, and set up shop in a Lego Star Wars forum.. it'll be right up your street.. :D

As I already stated, I am going to buy this DLC. However I would like to draw BIS' attention to the pricing structure. As it stands the price is 10 dollars, or 9euros, or 8 pounds. Now 9 euros =11.6 dollars and 8pounds =12.2dollars. so is there a hidden cost in converting the currencies that I am not aware of?

A more realisticaly equall price would be 8euros =10.3dollars or 7pounds =10.6dollars. As I said I dont mind paying for DLC but why do I have to pay 20% more just because I am British?

Edited by Killerwatt

Can't believe what I'm reading here in this thread since I saw it earlier this afternoon..

I reckon I could give some of you free women, booze and a slap up meal in a 5 star hotel and you would still find something to complain about..

If you don't like DLC, UK kit and equipment, or the fact that BIS has somehow let you down and it's the end of the world, then why not just leave the community, and the game that has probably given you countless hours of enjoyment, and set up shop in a Lego Star Wars forum.. it'll be right up your street.. :D

And I bet if someone hit you very hard on the head, you wouldn't lose a single braincell :D

As I already stated, I am going to buy this DLC. However I would like to draw BIS' attention to the pricing structure. As it stands the price is 10 dollars, or 9euros, or 8 pounds. Now 9 euros =11.6 dollars and 8pounds =12.2dollars. so is there a hidden cost in converting the currencies that I am not aware of?

A more realisticaly equall price would be 8euros =10.3dollars or 7pounds =10.6dollars.

Hardly ever any product comes at equal price in different regions and in our case, I do not dare to say the disparity is lower than is common in this industry as we try to stick with as close pricing as possible. Also, exchange rates are changing very quickly so you can only bet where it will be in one month from now...

And I bet if someone hit you very hard on the head, you wouldn't lose a single braincell :D

As I'm a member of UK airborne forces, and quite used to the act of 'milling'.. (look it up if you are unaware of our quaint airborne custom), I'm more than aware that the majority of my braincells are already dead.. plus nigh on 150 military parachute landings, has already made me invulnerable to all types of head injury.. :raisebrow:

As I'm a member of UK airborne forces, and quite used to the act of 'milling'.. (look it up if you are unaware of our quaint airborne custom), I'm more than aware that the majority of my braincells are already dead.. plus nigh on 150 military parachute landings, has already made me invulnerable to all types of head injury.. :raisebrow:

Ah, that explains why you are so butthurt over people not sucking this up like warm milk on a cold night.

Hardly ever any product comes at equal price in different regions and in our case, I do not dare to say the disparity is lower than is common in this industry as we try to stick with as close pricing as possible. Also, exchange rates are changing very quickly so you can only bet where it will be in one month from now...

I take your point Maruk but I think 20% is a rather large safety net for you. Lets hope that your next DLC will be priced a little more closely. Or better still price it in one currency and let the current exchange rate of the time take its effect. :)

Edited by Killerwatt

Since when do PC gamers BUY their dlc and such.. :(

I miss the good old days

Wow this looks great, just wish there would be the Panther CLV, some trucks and a Challenger, maybe we will get them in some later free patch? Also I wonder what would be the next dlc army, maybe German, France, Russian just thinking loud :D

Awesome! All that for just $10??? I'll definitely be purchasing this!

Since when do PC gamers BUY their dlc and such..

I miss the good old days

Umm, BF2 DLC, COD DLC, GTA DLC, and Microsoft Flight Simulator X DLC are just some examples. It's always been that way...not sure where the heck you have been..

Para Regiment? What battalion mate?

Ah, that explains why you are so butthurt over people not sucking this up like warm milk on a cold night.

Lol Sethos, if Mr Trooper he speaks any truth, he would quite happily kick your arse in a fight.

I am not one for Internet hype and stuff, but I always try to speak to my virtual friends as if I am face to face with them. Just to be polite I guess.

This is the bit where Sethos says he is an elite SAS operative

Or.. it may just be our typical British military humour, but then again, only the British will understand that as the rest of the world are definately not on our wavelength.. (and my arse doesn't hurt.. I'm not that kind of paratrooper.. the very thought)

Umm, BF2 DLC, COD DLC, GTA DLC, and Microsoft Flight Simulator X DLC are just some examples. It's always been that way...not sure where the heck you have been..

Don't forget Fallout 3 DLCs :)

Originally Posted by Azamato

Since when do PC gamers BUY their dlc and such..

I miss the good old days

When there were no DLCs but there was Red Hammer expansion on CD/DVD, with merely a new campaign and a few new units?

Now you see, I'm an Elite SAS Operative so I fear no man! :D

Haha, fair enough lol!

@Suchy_

May I ask you how many campaigns, or at least missions you created already? It's very easy to complain about "just 8 Missions" while you haven't done anything on your own. And to create missions the way BI makes them it takes more than just an hour in the editor and slapping some files together in a texteditor.

I haven't done a campaign, I did some missions though. Back for OFP, then Arma and currently working on a rather huge coop for Arma2. I know how much work it is, scripting, speech files, testing it all repeatedly and trying to find out why the hell a trigger didn't fire off when expected. BIS did excellent campaigns for OFP and Resistance, these were the best SP campaigns I ever played in any game. But newer BIS' campaigns felt too short and somehow uninspired compared OFP/R. Arma2 was similar in length, but not so varied, due to being stuck in one 4-men team for the most part of it (I furiously hated the warfare part though). OA campaign felt much closer to OFP, but for me it ended too quickly. I'm not complaining about not enough work put in it from BIS side, I simply hoped for a different approach - more focused on a varied and longer single player experience instead of playing the same missions in coop as different teams. For me a coop campaign where players are part of the same team, but longer and with teams changing between missions (1st as grunts, 2nd as spec ops, 3rd as tank platoon, etc) would be perfect.

As for the DLC, there's simply not enough time to do a campaign of Arma2 length, as some guys here expect, I don't think it will be longer than Eagle Wings. If BIS somehow pulled this off and delivered a campaign of at least OA lenght, then hell yeah I'm buying it right away, as it would be closer to a proper expansion than simple DLC addon. It won't happen though and so far I'm not going to support the idea behind DLCs. Anyway in this case it's still way ahead of ME2's new helmet or horse armor for Oblivion.

Edited by Suchy_

Wow I cant wait for this. This news has made my day. Its just a shame that we had the usual Americans in the main game instead of the British forces.

When did FSX create DLC?

They had an expansion pack, sure, but it was never classed as DLC

When did FSX create DLC?

They had an expansion pack, sure, but it was never classed as DLC

That kind of beats the point ;)

*Joke*

That will be over quickly.

"Sir they are attacking, what do we do?!"

"I dont know, i give up"

:D

Get nikes:D