Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

@metalcraze.

I understand your point of view mate. What you are doing is comparing a developer with a modding community. I mean, it makes sense! If the community do it for free, so should BIS!

\sarcasm/

Seriously, do you think PR will be adding free content when they become a proper developer? NO.

Where do you think most of the paid staff from BIS came from?

The community.

I never said they stopped improving the game

I was just postulating that more manpower might have been available

to work on Bugs testing/fixing than working on DLC

As that any clearer ?

We understood you the first time, but the fact remains:

- DLC is created by content artists.

- Engine bugs are fixed by programmers.

Two different sets of people.

Because its a FREE forum where people can express their views

I already do the Beta patches , what Iam trying to say (over the shouts of fanbois)

Is the time taken to generate all this content would have been better spent making

arma3 / OA run with less bugs in it

I agree it's a free world but just consider these facts

To do that BIS will need money. they may as well be on the dole/welfare if thats the case.

Would u work hard for nothing? This is their job to support themselves and they need alot of money to keep up with the tech to secure there company for the future.

Who else has made a open world game as big as this?

just think about the huge open world possibilities of bugs compared to linear games. It's always going to be buggy but they do there best to fix it unlike companies that make games with so little possibilities and never fix them.

Edited by vasmkd

Ok so we knew pay for DLC was coming so all the complainers stop complaining. I bet you're the same people that voted Tory in the last election and then started moaning saying "OMGZOR WTF IS UP WITH MY TAXES?".

£8 for some new units, new campaign, new functionality etc is pretty good tbh, I will be getting this... Somehow.

I'm puzzled to why there is 3 different currency used for this DLC? Will this be a worldwide release or only meant for certain part of the world? Don't leave us out!

I'm puzzled to why there is 3 different currency used for this DLC? Will this be a worldwide release or only meant for certain part of the world? Don't leave us out!

Currency is just a guide for those who are too lazy to look it up on google... :p

BIS just can't seem to win they give us what we want and still get slated I can't wait for the DLC and any more that they have planned

OK, is there any triple/quadruple faceplam demotivators around, cause it fits this thread too well...

Anyway, I just hope the campaign would be long and good, if not, the price is a bit too stiff TBH.

Wow this is very nice. Cant wait to see what other DLC they can come out with. This is an step forward with the DLC, ill be buying it.

Edited by 1in1class
need

Geez! Ya either buy it or ya dont!

I just been to the shop and bought 3 bottles of cider for 8 quid!

And that'll be gone in a couple of hrs!

8 quid for the Brit pack that will last me yrs!= value for money! :yay:

Ability for players to effectively operate and command artillery and mortar units.

could someone from bis please tell us in detail what this is and how it will work. please

Originally Posted by pwnage_51 View Post

Once again the community shows what a bunch of ungreatful pricks they are. For every 100 assholes in this community there is one good guy it seems.

I'm looking forward to this DLC BIS. I appreciate you continuing to develop this product for us.

sad but true, almost every thread ends up in the same .....s...w..:aa:

But it's stil the best community...:confused:

I think € 8,99 is a very good price for the content you get :ok:

I would pay the fee simply for a long and meaty sp campaign I could get my teeth into.

Any word on how many missions approx in the campaign?

I would also pay extra to *NOT* have any scouse accents in the campaign.

:p

Not really excited about this, but I'll probably buy it anyway. I'm most interested about the campaign, but I doubt it will be any good.

I would like to see new features that cannot be made by addonmakers in future DLCs. I think that would be the best way for BIS to go with DLCs as they wouldn't compete with the addonmakers and at the same time it would be an insta-buy for most people.

It'll blow over. Everyone just enjoys the drama! :)

No one is stopping you to do just that

And it has been said like 3 times now:

That manpower is not 1 big chuck.

For an addon such as this DLC, you only need creative artists (modellers, texture artists etc), while fixing the bugs you need programmers.

Please do NOT mix those

Is that clear now?

Poor creative artists , they cant even run the game to help with testing it :(

Geez! Ya either buy it or ya dont!

I just been to the shop and bought 3 bottles of cider for 8 quid!

And that'll be gone in a couple of hrs!

8 quid for the Brit pack that will last me yrs!= value for money! :yay:

It means 2 and a half cup of STARBUCKS coffee/ a day of basic expense(food)/ 2 issus of National Geographic in where I live, give me a good long campaign and the cost will justify itself:p.

Poor creative artists , they cant even run the game to help with testing it :(

Why do you need a extra dozen of people to do the same thing programers doing with almost the same PC spec? I would agree if every each one of them have a different custom built PC that are so different to each other that can reassamble the worlds player basis which all of them using different spec, but it won't happen

Edited by 4 IN 1

The campaign is quite good. However, out of curiosity, what you use as comparison basis considering the price of DLCs?

OK, is there any triple/quadruple faceplam demotivators around, cause it fits this thread too well...

Anyway, I just hope the campaign would be long and good, if not, the price is a bit too stiff TBH.

Oh hell what's with all the winging, it's like 3:27am over here, better get to bed before the wife kills me ;). That's harsh unlike the little price for the DLC ppl are complaining about. Geezes it costs like less then shouting a round of scotch n coke at the pub with 1 mate, i'm dead serious on that

You do not have to buy it unless u want to, it's up2 you, won't kill ur gaming experience if u do or don't.

Don't lose sleep over it unless ur excited over it like me

Off to bed for me for some zzzzzzzzzz ;)

Will be getting this, and looking forward to more DLC. And please make the next DLC for opfor

dam you know i will be getting that and i will be set great news

great can not wait to use these with rksl stuff ,keep up the great work

and 9 pound about right as it what i paid for most of my DLC Stuff

Wait a second. OA had campaign? I thought it was just a short demo version of a SP part?

And 5 new factions? You mean UN, Czech, Germany with 2 different types of units per "faction" plus takistani militia/rebels which are just reskins of each other? That's some solid amount of content right there.

Well lets see OA has a campaign and some SP scenarios and the DLC has a campaign and some scenarios.

OA has the US Army, the Takistani Army, the Takistani Militia, the Rebels, the UN, the Germans, the Czech, and now the Brits.

For 50 dollars you end up getting content on par with what Arma 2 had to offer. I don't see a problem here.

The campaign is quite good. However, out of curiosity, what you use as comparison basis considering the price of DLCs?

Thanks very much for monitoring this thread, Maruk. It must be quite annoying seeing some of the "stuff" people come out with.

Imo the DLC price is fine. The quality of content easily makes up for that. £10 is very low and anybody can afford it.