British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

How will NON-DLC users be handled? Would be a shame if servers became unusable by others due to them running this DLC. Then we will have more divisions between Vanilla / ACE / DLC.

There was similar questions when OA came out and how it would affect the game with people on different versions.. the majority of people have adapted.

Most I suspect will buy this as the new addon also includes.. ''The development of the brand new content has demanded engine updates, resulting in unique features and new gameplay options. The fully modelled artillery and mortar strikes and the extension of the engineer class to include new duties - such as vehicle repair and bomb disposal - add a new depth of realism to the most authentic mil-sim available.''

Well my dignity will shall be intact, will be buying these as a brit may even leave a tip :D , hopfully few other dlc's up your sleeves as well :p

Edited by Jeza

Good answer :-)

I will be buying this. I genuinely have no problem giving you my cash. You continuely make this game brilliant and have a fantastic ethos towards the communiteh.

Make it £20.00 and ill still buy it :-)

I will buy it too. Will I use it? I don't know. I think 20 is a little high though...

Good for you Brits, I know a few of you have asked for this... a million times. :)

I hope those engine updates are included in a patch for the rest of us.

Maruk, any chance you went a bit over the top with campaign voices, and have different dialect voices?

IE :- Scousers, Welsh, Scottish, Geordies, Londoners, Yorkshire. Not Brummies cause they never sound excited or enthusiastic about anything

Good answer :-)

I will be buying this. I genuinely have no problem giving you my cash. You continuely make this game brilliant and have a fantastic ethos towards the communiteh.

Make it £20.00 and ill still buy it :-)

I agree completely. But lets not get carried away with the price lol, £8 is fine :p

looks pretty good, not sure about the MTP (i gues its meant to be that) on the infantry though. SOme nice looking armour in those pics too!

I guess that certain talented individuals will soon sort that out.. :D (hint, hint)

Price seems good, models seem high quality, do the SA-80's have the sights sorted for close combat?

We really need to know how non-DLC and DLC owners are going to be handled.

If non DLC users cannot play with DLC owners then there is no point me wasting my £8.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

Maruk, any chance you went a bit over the top with campaign voices, and have different dialect voices?

IE :- Scousers, Welsh, Scottish, Geordies, Londoners, Yorkshire. Not Brummies cause they never sound excited or enthusiastic about anything

Yes, please stop with posh English voice from the year 1920, we don't speak like that in England!!!!

If there's a campaign, I'm pretty sure they recorded voices for that...

There is a campaign and there are new voices recorded for the game including complete new sets of British radio protocols.

We have a solid plan to address this problem.

Wow, this sounds nice - and I mean that the way I said it, this was not a Sion Lenton "Nice" :p ...

Tbh. I was about to rant exactly about this issue (the split). Good thing I read some pages first.

There is a campaign and there are new voices recorded for the game including complete new sets of British radio protocols.

The news gets better and better, think this is long overdue

I love you chaps!

Maruk: will be there more future DLC's? or will be only this one

Would like to hear about this too, the british dlc was kinda expected but we don't any clue on what might be coming in the future :)

I hope it'll gonna be released in STEAM.

* Engine Improvements

o Extension of the Engineer's role

o Ability for players to effectively operate and command artillery and mortar units

awesome news on the DLC. and the price is right for certain purchase from me. Interested in how engineers role could be extended? vehicle repairs?

well a will say good job to BIS.the MTP camo looks alittle off but hey who cares just a question will there be Special Forces units or Recce units included in the DLC.a just dont wanna be stuck with a helmet on all the time lol

Maruk: will be there more future DLC's? or will be only this one

I am not able to answer. It is too early to judge if it makes sense or not to create some more DLCs but we already have some ideas that could fit well into DLC format.

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Will this be on disc or is it just download?

In near future, download only.

Sprocket, Steam and probably other online services will be selling it.

Sounds good, but i'd prefer it if any bugs would be adressed in OA 1st

Will this be on disc or is it just download?

You know what the term DLC stands for?

Downloadable Content

And what do you think is included in all the previously released beta patches?

Edited by W0lle

I cant wait to buy this. :)

There will be one day time to play it before the superior overlord Mafia 2 arrives.

bugs are addressed on daily basis ...

You can follow that process partially on the public beta builds ...

I've been waiting for this myself. More out of curiosity than need

This looks awesome, but I feel for the addon makers who have worked hard and might have some of their stuff ignored (ie pukf jackals, warrior)

To be honest mate - without wanting to sound rude to BIS the community made stuff tends to be a bit more realistic and has more interesting features.

I've seen some glaring accuracy issues already and from what i've seen of the community made stuff so far I'm pretty sure our mods still have some life left in them ;)

@ Maruk

I've been dying to ask since i saw the AAN website months ago... why EOTech sights on an L85A2? I'm pretty sure that's never going to happen in regular service.

Also judging from the pics (Modified Warrior turret, Lynx Wildcat etc) this is set in the near future 2015+, why have SUSATs? The entire British Military is switching to ACOG variants.

This is set in 2012 to be more exact. And with full respect, none of us can predict future with total accuracy. However, I will ask BAF team to provide you with more specific feedback why they decided to do it this way.

@ Maruk

I've been dying to ask since i saw the AAN website months ago... why EOTech sights on an L85A2? I'm pretty sure that's never going to happen in regular service.

Also judging from the pics (Modified Warrior turret, Lynx Wildcat etc) this is set in the near future 2015+, why have SUSATs? The entire British Military is switching to ACOG variants.