Sign in to follow this  
daterxies

Can anyone recommend good server providers that run OA

i want to get my own server so me and my friends can play, can anyone suggest good providers?

Also i want to install ACE 1.5 on the server, being like 500 megs how hard is it do do this on server that your not running from your home.

Thanks much.

i want to get my own server so me and my friends can play, can anyone suggest good providers?

Also i want to install ACE 1.5 on the server, being like 500 megs how hard is it do do this on server that your not running from your home.

Thanks much.

Need a little more info.... such as what country you live in.... tho online gaming is getting better but closer to home would be even better...

Also need to look at renting or non renting a server...

Personnel opinion is find a close provider that has already setup a system in your area and do some emailing to see what they can help you with.

Most of the providers will do anything if you have the numbers to supply.

i am in USA/ chicago area

Its just hard because all companies claim to be the best etc, and then you read stuff about how a lot of GSP overload there servers (the ones that have cheap prices) And your performance wont be optimal. But i have paid top notch prices on other game servers and swapped out to cheaper ones with very little noticeable effect, so it comes down to word of mouth and who has used whatever provider before.

Honestly i only plan on using the server for 2-3 people including me running warfare BE and ACE, is that very server demanding and need to go for the best of the best servers, or would a medicore server be able to handle that?

tl;dr

do you really need to find a top notch server provider to run warfare BE with 2-3 people

Thanks

Stop by our Live Chat anytime and we'll set you up with a test server right in Chicago (if you want the server there) with all the mods you want; you don't pay a thing unless you are happy with the server and the service.

http://www.jestservers.com/

arma2oabanner1.gif

Awesome performance and service. They are very well suited for ArmA. ACE, Betas, custom command lines and configs, all no problem and accessible via TCAdmin panel.

Kevin (who runs the place) has always been extremely helpful and for some reason doesn't need sleep at all :-)

I have to say that I gave low ping a try and took them up on thier offer of a free server to try them out.

I have to say I am not happy with thier service. I tried to run a few mission that are CO base and they would not run. Yes the staff went out of thier way to try and fix the problem but at the days end the server still hangs while running anything requiring CO. The staff was eager to help but the problem is still unresolved. The server seemed to lose admin control as I could not logout once I logged in. If I tried to monitor fps with the #monitor command it went away as soon as the mission started. I have a few Ai scripts running and the Ai where just frozen in place , very strange .

The missions in question run fine on my home server running windows 2003 on a dual core system.

My other problem with them was pricing which would have not been a issue if the server worked like it should have . In order to have a server than would keep running a mission when empty cost $2.99 a slot and if I wanted to run on two cores $5.00 extra so for a 30 player server I was looking at $ 95 .

I then went back to jestservers a 30 slot server cost $70.00 was up in about 30 mins and worked perfect the first time . Getting great performance and the same three missions that failed to work on low pings server ran just fine on Jestservers.

Glad to hear Rustydog, send me a ticket some time and say hi :)

Euro players may want to have a look at http://www.roxservers.com

It features ACE2 install in 1 click (ACE2 files are updated every 6 hours so you just have to click to update)

Also for OA servers you can turn them into combined Ops in 1 click.

Some other mods are available for 1 click install.

Servers are located in france so the ping for euro players is low (spain, uk, de, nl, it, be, etc)

Stop by our Live Chat anytime and we'll set you up with a test server right in Chicago (if you want the server there) with all the mods you want; you don't pay a thing unless you are happy with the server and the service.

The best provider : I have TS,Game server and website with, never had problem. The live chat is awesome always open lol i think he never sleep.:)