Sign in to follow this  
Roe-31stMEU-

End Mission Trigger - Help

Well I have 2 groups here that go out and complete 4 objectives. I've got all 4 objectives working fine now, and just need the last trigger for the end mission to work. I want it to trigger whenever the remaining alive blufor units enter the trigger AND all the objectives are complete, so i know the condition field has to look like obj1 && obj2 && obj3 && obj4 && ------------. I am not sure what to put in here that checks if all remaining alive blufor are inside the trigger.

Anyone got any ideas? Thanks!

You could group (F2) the trigger to the blufor and under Activation select group leader, whole group, or any group member. The condition field would be this and Obj1 and obj2 and obj3 and etc.

Another option would be

{alive _x} count units group == 5

group is your group name and 5 is the number of men in your group.

Edited by cobra4v320

Thanks. I will try to figure out both methods you both mention. @Cobra: I can't use option one because as I said, I have 2 different groups of blufor, both need to have all alive members of there groups there for the trigger to set off. So say I use method 2 you mention Cobra, since I am using 2 different groups, would I put that little snippet of code in twice, changing the name of the group and number of men, so for instance, the condition field would look like, " {alive _x} count units sfteam == 6 && {alive _x} count units sniperteam == 2 && obj1 && obj2 && obj3 && obj4 " ?? would that be correct?

or would that not work correctly, because say for instance there are the 6 men in the SFteam, say 3 are killed or even say there are a total of 6 slots, but only 3 people end up playing.... then there are only 3 men in the slot (i prolly should have mentioned this is a MP mission). Would that make the trigger not even set-off because there are less then the 6 people?

Edited by Roe[31stMEU]

You didn't too closely look at my link did you? :)

({_x in thislist} count units sfteam == count units sfteam) && ({_x in thislist} count units sniperteam == count units sniperteam) && obj1 && obj2 && obj3 && obj4

Even works if all the snipers get there first and say one dies before sfteam gets there.

No I did look at the link kylania, I got the part about naming my groups so I can use that little bit of code u just put up there, and did see the part shk posted, but i guess having the two posts from you and cobra got mashed up in my lil brain and i got a bit confused....

It's all good, the main point from shk's code is comparing the group count in the trigger with the current group count. That way you don't have to worry about how many people were or are in the group exactly.

I think I understand now. Thanks for the help with it. I did test that code you provided me and I am happy to say it does work and my mission is now complete. Thank you very much!

UPDATE:

Well, this trigger worked in the editor when all the guys was just sittin there and I completed all objectives via the radio and it worked fine. Last night I got 3 guys to help in test it in a MP environment and after we completed all objectives and got back to the FOB for the end mission trigger, nothing happened. I'm not sure if it was because we did die a couple times and respawned.... maybe that took us out of the group we was supposed to be in from the start? Any other problems anyone can think of? Kylania wanna save me again? lol

Many variations can be used for this. If its an MP mission, then just use "playableunits" instead of group name.

blufor present trigger:

(({isplayer _x && alive _x} count playableunits) == (count thislist)) && obj1 && obj2 && obj3 && obj4