Sign in to follow this  
-RIP- Luhgnut

Would you be interested in short instructional videos of game types.

Would you be interested in Instructional Video's Explaining Game Variants  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in Instructional Video's Explaining Game Variants

Was thinking it may be helpful to create some instructional video's to the tube explaining Warfare Mode, Domination, etc.... etc..

What I hear so often is that people log in, don't know what to do, so they stand around TK-ing people.

Would you be interested in such video's? Maybe 10 min max in length or shorter.

I might not be interested, but I sure am interested in other people watching them so they ask less questions ;)

The real problem though with such videos is that you can only really explain the common game types, making people even more "locked" into playing those and never trying anything else.

My thinking here, is to make the MP more approachable for the main (albeit) repetitive big games. Then people won't feel as much phobia then will take on the others. Prolly do Domination first (cause that's easy) then do warfare then see how it goes.

I'm pretty sure it would go down a storm to the new ppl to the ArmA series! :)

If some one would do this I think all the community would be very appreciative. I'm sure there would probably things some of us "vets" might learn too. :D

Luhgnut;1692367']Was thinking it may be helpful to create some instructional video's to the tube explaining Warfare Mode' date=' Domination, etc.... etc..

What I hear so often is that people log in, don't know what to do, so they stand around TK-ing people.

Would you be interested in such video's? Maybe 10 min max in length or shorter.[/quote']

its up to the game mode makers

i voted "yes" because when i was new, i would have loved to have a few videos to show me how to play online, because there wasn't much help with the more advanced gamemodes which made it harder to get into the multiplayer than other simple games.

I think having a few videos to help new players would increase the teamwork rate hugely, whhich would benefit everyone.

Hi [RIP] Luhgnut

Very good Idea.

Kind Regards walker

Top shelf idea, Lughnut. Just need to make them highly visible (stickied, prominent on main fan sites, of course pushed in Youtube. Blah blah). Even if it only brings more people in to the OA mainstream, they may try other game types (up to the server admins to shake things up and organize). You know, if it only succeeds in making them more comfortable so they can be patient and are unafraid to communicate, our world would be much nicer. Good luck!

Lughnut, these video could be a great sticky and help all the new players and spark some interest into the odd person that doesn't want to jump into the game because it seems larger than life!

As Scrub says, it can bring more people and attention into the community and to the game.

I think you should go for it!

Yeah, at the very least it would make them able to do *something* in the game rather than sitting and staring at the main menu ;)

I'd be interested, mostly for others players. lol Oddly though I don't know the first thing about Warfare. I've just never tried it.

my concern is : Spoiling the brainless further....

Ponder that eventually

rofl!

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 AM ----------

Looks like I'll be doing them. Warming up Sony Vegas.