Sign in to follow this  
oldbear

[ADO] Tigeria

This Tigeria project was not my own when it starts. Rellikki has asked me, late 2009, if I can build an island for an upcoming Mod project he was working on. Then I had no personal terrain project as Sbrodj was released.

So due to the very short time allowed, I feverishly build the terrain along Rellikki specs, redoing it 2 or 3 times in order to get real mountains on the map. The island is based upon real terrain but now, it's so heavily edited you must have a lot of imagination in order to find the model ^^.

It was to be a Central/South America map in the Equatorial area.

I am not a map-maker expert so I learn from my mistakes. I believe I have learned a lot while building Tigeria, what I have learned then I have applied on the map I had released afterward : Brik and Tropica.

After having built the terrain, I had stumbled on 2 obstacles

-The Jungle vegetation : nothing was available ATM.

-The Buildings : Chernarus building were not fitting well ^^.

At the same time Rellikki projected Mod was stumbling on his own obstacles and all the project goes to a stop and I went on my own [ADO]Maps projects.

After Berghoff's African Foliage new release, featuring Jungle vegetation, I asked Rellikki about the project and he okayed me to build the map as an [ADO] Island. I asked IceBrker authorization to use his buildings from Isla Duala. [ADO]Tigeria was born ... born again.

Before going on ... great thanks to Rellikki, without him there will not be such an island.

[ADO]Tigeria is a Jungle Island somewhere under the equator, around 12 km x 12km with jungle and wet savannas, a lot of high hills, a main town Tigeria, and 2 smaller towns and a lot of small villages.

ATM I can get the map in game but still many things to be done is before the map is playable. It's an ArmA2 project.

1279521915.jpg

On the main and only asphalt road between Salud and Corazon

1279521968.jpg

A view of Isla de Despertar runway

Edited by Old Bear

What? No comments?! Well we NEED more islands, and this one looks great!

Looks good Old Bear, i gotta say your Brik and Tropica maps are top notch, especially Brik... look forward to this one, love your work man!

Sounds like you've had alot of cooperation with this map, great to hear and great visuals too, didn't even have to read your description of it beign a jungel map which means you are doing an excellent job, very good placement of those trees.

Another awesome map from Old Bear and company? Must.....resist.....the.....editor.....

Ahh yet anohter cracker off the convair-belt! great work as always bear.

Looks great !

Bonne chance les gars ;)

Tigeria is nearing public release.

As it is, it's fully playable and enjoyable ... :D

We, at the Clan ADO, have played it a lot with the Unsung Mod ... we are testing it now with other addons such as the RUG-HD or new units and I enjoy myself flying over the island on Gnat's seaboat.

tigeria08_1s.jpg

Armée de Tigeria units on patrol along dangerous Passo del Paradiso track

Outstanding Old Bear. Will play with my squad on your map when it gets out.

Looks very promising, you've done a great job replicating certain geographical features in such areas.

Can we get a screenshot of a village/town? ...

Of course, here is Felicidad, a small indigenous resort in the South-West. It's the kind of smallest villages found here and there on the island.

tigeria_village1s.jpg

Here is Madeiras on the road to Salud

tigeria_village2s.jpg

And this is Corazon, a big village in the true heart of Tigeria ^^...

tigeria_village3s.jpg

We have played it a lot with The Unsung Mod and enjoy it a lot !

Played a C&H featuring Armée Tigérianne against US Army in the afternoon and that was fun ...

Working tonight trying to tweak Laguna Oil Field Area.

I downloaded this island on a whim a few days ago and I'm very very impressed. Feels very large, not overendowed with towns, and has a great tropical feel. And the framerate is fantastic even on my modest box. I hope you're still working on it Old Bear!