Sign in to follow this  
rexehuk

AI throwing stones in OA

I've read all of the threads on here regarding stone throwing, yet I cannot get them to throw anything!

I'm using ACE if that changes anything and currently running the following in the init.

removeallweapons this;this addMagazine "HandGrenade_Stone";this addMagazine "HandGrenade_Stone";this addMagazine "HandGrenade_Stone"

They won't do anything, even tried adding the ACE "fakeweapon" weapon type with no result. I don't want them to have AKs as they will just get shot :p

Anyone know of an easy way to fix this? Or perhaps a script to exec on the units in question?

Thank you in advance,

Rob

Edited by rexehuk

Have you tried giving them the throw weapon.?

They need to have a weapon to throw rocks. If you dont want them to have firearms, then do a 'this addWeapon "throw";' in addition to the stones. Also, the AI have to be at a certain distance to start throwing rocks. If they are too close they wont throw a thing.

Tried many combinations, this also does not work

removeallWeapons this;this addWeapon "throw";this addMagazine "HandGrenade_Stone";this addMagazine "HandGrenade_Stone";this addMagazine "HandGrenade_Stone";this SetUnitPos "UP";this allowfleeing 0

I've altered thrown stones to be deadly or at least cause a damage to a person being hit with it (A2 default stone doesn't cause any damage). Check Duala v1.81 under Protestors. You need A2 content in order to play.

Edited by IceBreakr

I've altered thrown stones to be deadly or at least cause a damage to a person being hit with it (A2 default stone doesn't cause any damage). Check Duala v1.81 under Protestors. You need A2 content in order to play.

Not an option mate, wan't this to be dependant on combined ops vanilla as I might release it. Someone did mention you had actual units to perform this, but I want to get it working with my takistanis ;).

Anyone got ideas to get this working?

What unit are you using this on? If it's civilians, make sure "Independent" side is set to be unfriendly with whoever they are supposed to throw at. Also, if it's a unit that already has no weapons I'd recommend just adding the stones without executing 'removeAllWeapons.' I know you tried giving them back the 'throw' weapon but removeAllWeapons definitely kills their ability to use the stones. Anyway, if you do get this to work I think you'll be disappointed, because the AI can't throw for crap. They wouldn't even make a Little League team.

this addMagazine "HandGrenade_Stone"; this addMagazine "HandGrenade_Stone"; this addMagazine "HandGrenade_Stone"; this addWeapon "throw";

I did it like this and the civilians are throwing stones at me. Write the addweapon at the end.

Cheers, working now although it can easily be broken.

this addMagazine "HandGrenade_Stone"; this addMagazine "HandGrenade_Stone"; this addMagazine "HandGrenade_Stone"; this addWeapon "throw";

Works when Indepedants are set to Nobody and using that on civilians.

Breaks when you add other commands like this setUnitPos "UP", but I do see they are very inaccurate.