Sign in to follow this  
tromac

Linux OA combined ops server issue

We are running a dedicated linux server and are not able to successfully run any mods on it. When we try to run mods we get a huge amount of errors in the log. The server comes up but when trying to run any mission it just dumps back to the mission selection screen.

Here is a sample of the errors. Any suggestions would be appreciated. All files are lower case in the server!

Warning Message: '/' is not a value

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Skoda.incommingMisslieDetectionSystem'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Skoda.nvTarget'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Skoda.radarType'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Skoda.soundLocked'.

Warning Message: Size: '/' not an array

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Skoda.soundIncommingMissile'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1.transportMaxBackpacks'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1.lockDetectionSystem'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1.incommingMisslieDetectionSystem'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1.nvTarget'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1.radarType'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1.soundLocked'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1.soundIncommingMissile'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1.canCarryBackPack'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1.BackPack'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Skoda.outsideSoundFilter'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Skoda.holdOffroadFormation'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Skoda.NVGMarkers'.

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Updating base class ->RscText, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscSplashText/

Checking texture headers done - ok = 5591, failed = 0, patched = 0.

21:35:33 Dedicated host created.

21:35:35 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.108)

21:35:35 Host identity created.

How do you launch the server when using mods? Are you using the supplied arma2server script? If so, how have you altered it to load the mods? (One modifies the OTHERPARAMS variable to do so)

Post the relevant parts of the start script or an example of how you launch the server where all startup parameters are visible.

Edited by Killswitch

Quick question, if I want to have multiple entries in the OTHERPARAMS variable do I need to separate them with something? e.g. space, comma, colon, semi-colon? or will the "-" do?

OTHERPARAMS=-cpucount=2-mod=mymod

Quick question, if I want to have multiple entries in the OTHERPARAMS variable do I need to separate them with something? e.g. space, comma, colon, semi-colon? or will the "-" do?

OTHERPARAMS=-cpucount=2-mod=mymod

I think, that OTHERPARAMS="-cpucount=2 -mod=mymod" will do it.

You have to have a space separating different parameters (as shown in post above).

If you load more than one mod you only specify -mod once and separate the mods with semi-colon.

And since this is about Linux server you also have to put a \ in front of each semi-colon.

Otherwise the shell will interpret them as new command.

E.g: -mod=@cba\;@ace\;@acex\;@acex_sm\;@acex_pla

For more info see: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1646164#post1646164

Ah-ha, thanks again Bilko! I was trying everything but missed the "\", I seemed to have found a temp work around by adding multiple OTHERPARAMS= lines. But this seems like it would either cause a problem or become hard to manage later on as I added more items. Looks like the answer to many of my problems are scattered among the multiple wikis.. e.g. : http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma2:_Startup_Parameters or http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg it would be nice to have one big official comprehensive dedicated server guide for each platform. But I'm sure there are plenty of things to do more important like squashing bugs.