Sign in to follow this  
xeno

Latest Beta Patch: 72197

Regarding the driving AI. I don't think it's poor path finding so much. Try assigning a single vehicle multiple waypoints in the location of your choice and they tend to do fairly well at navigation - at least when those waypoints are on roads. Now add some other vehicles and group them with your first vehicle and watch how the driving ability takes a serious dive. The leader tends to still do fairly well, but the rest... forget it.

I concur, HOWEVER, it's not due soley to groups. Takistan they drive just fine all over using almost no waypoints and driving via road. However when the threat level goes up, they start making the weird detours around invisible objects. So it's not just groups, but threats (which are sometimes quite far away) that's influencing erratic driving behavior. (including other people on roads, slowing down when there's no chance for collision because they are opposing roadways).

Wow, first time I have had such a bad LOD switching problem in a beta. Actually I find some of the buildings only stick to very low detail LOD and never switch out. Going to have to go back to previous beta. I do hope others report this problem otherwise it will stay in the next beta.

Wow, first time I have had such a bad LOD switching problem in a beta. Actually I find some of the buildings only stick to very low detail LOD and never switch out. Going to have to go back to previous beta. I do hope others report this problem otherwise it will stay in the next beta.

Yes, i've noticed that too, but not always. It just happens sometimes.

"Going to have to go back to previous beta. I do hope others report this problem otherwise it will stay in the next beta."

I too went back to the 72107. Nicer visuals, no LOD lag b/s.

Unfortunately the mines and remotely/timed satchels still call your position out to the enemy. I had two BMP 3's, mined the road, in an area where there was only one alternate route, satcheled it (took a few tries) hid in the second floor of a building, used 3rd person 'look around the corner technology', and blew them to kingdom come. Immediately came under suppressive fire by the eject-ees so accurate the penetration of the first burst through the wall killed me. (gotta stop posting while drinking. takes waaaay too long. lol) Helpme O-BIS-Wan Kenobi, your my only hope :D

Edited by Scrub
my fingers are slurring

@ last page , lod switching etc , has been improved 100 percent over here since last patch.. hmm

Yes I have to agree. The poor LOD switching is very noticable in this beta.

I can confirm the problems in LOD-switching.

For me, since beta .71900 a problem with the LODs is given. With this beta, only the primary weapons stick to very low detail LOD randomly (not reproducible, but it happens often). This effect only occurs in 3rd-person view, not in 1st-person view.

Since the last beta-patch (.72197) this effect also happens with buildings and vehicles (also in 1st-person view).

Vegetation-models or soldier-units are not included in this problem.

I tried to make a reproducible mission to post it at CIT, but these things happen randomly and there is no entry in the .rpt for this.

hardware/settings:- listed in my signature (video memory: default; terrain detail: normal; GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1 GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1)

*Tried different settings (video memory, 3d-resolution), but problem occurs in all settings.

Edited by WillaCHilla
settings

Have anyone of you noticed that stars are just small dots now in NVG?

Is it supposed to be like that?

I can confirm the problems in LOD-switching.

For me, since beta .71900 a problem with the LODs is given. With this beta, only the primary weapons stick to very low detail LOD randomly (not reproducible, but it happens often). This effect only occurs in 3rd-person view, not in 1st-person view.

Since the last beta-patch (.72197) this effect also happens with buildings and vehicles (also in 1st-person view).

Vegetation-models or soldier-units are not included in this problem.

I tried to make a reproducible mission to post it at CIT, but these things happen randomly and there is no entry in the .rpt for this.

hardware/settings:- listed in my signature (video memory: default; terrain detail: normal; GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1 GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1)

*Tried different settings (video memory, 3d-resolution), but problem occurs in all settings.

and then i have no load issues,I have more RAM/6GB I do use a page, I run a lower 3drez and have more card power(2x 4870X2s)4GBvram/2GB usable, All in all this was a great Beta release for me...? So how many with load issues are on a 1GB VRAM or less card and or a AMD CPU?